Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Twenty Four (24) -- "Day 5: 3:00AM - 4:00AM" -- 05/08/06

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-06, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dan1boy
I thought Miles' speech/phone call was eerily reminiscent of John Malkovich's assassin character from "In The Line of Fire."
And HAL from 2001.
Old 05-09-06, 04:26 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I hope
Spoiler:
Bierko goes after the president.
Old 05-09-06, 05:32 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
Tim Goodman from sfgate takes on 24..

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...=5037#readmore
Old 05-09-06, 06:17 PM
Banned

This whole thing with Miles is beyond pathetic. Last season the obvious mole turned out to be a mole. This year the obvious backstabber turns out to be a backstabber. Do these writers realize how awful their scripts are? There were some good quieter character moments in this episode, but surrounding them with 24-style cliches and 24-style plot holes brought them down.
Old 05-09-06, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mrpayroll
I agree 100%

I've been trying to find out his birthdate, but I cannot find it anywhere. I would think he's in his early 50's.

Chris
Well, last year he was 57 when the episode aired of Air Force One getting shot down. Either still 57 or 58

http://www.journaltimes.com/articles...iq_3478884.prt
Old 05-09-06, 06:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bill Geiger
Well, last year he was 57 when the episode aired of Air Force One getting shot down. Either still 57 or 58

http://www.journaltimes.com/articles...iq_3478884.prt
Bill, thanx for the info, It looks like he just turned 58. He looks good for his age. And it's amazing to see the body of work that he has done. I don't think I have seen much of his previous acting gigs.

Chris
Old 05-09-06, 08:16 PM

Has anyone ever told Jack that you catch more flies with sugar than with vinegar? I believe this season sets the record for "Jack pulls out his gun and points it at somebody just to get them to do something". And how many 'moles' do we have this year? Walt, the Pres, Chloe's boyfriend, the CTU van driver...

Maybe Martha will kill the pres?
Old 05-09-06, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by spinning plates
anyways..
Spoiler:
pierce
next week, fuck yeah!
I believe that's a spoiler.
Old 05-10-06, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen
Has anyone ever told Jack that you catch more flies with sugar than with vinegar? I believe this season sets the record for "Jack pulls out his gun and points it at somebody just to get them to do something". And how many 'moles' do we have this year? Walt, the Pres, Chloe's boyfriend, the CTU van driver...

Maybe Martha will kill the pres?
Chloe's boyfriend wasn't a mole, just a clueless pawn.
Old 05-10-06, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"You either land this plane, or I'm gonna try and do it"

Best threat ever.
Old 05-10-06, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Steam
Do you think anyone ever told the Admiral that he looks an awful lot like Sugar Ray Leonard?
Nice reference!
Old 05-11-06, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

No one commented on Bierko apparently being in cahoots with one of the CTU agents in the armored car?

God I hate how it's so obvious who the mole/traitor is in CTU's midst, yet the rest of the employees there always miss it.

And why didn't Chloe make a ton of backups of that valuable recording???
Old 05-11-06, 03:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by criptik28
And why didn't Chloe make a ton of backups of that valuable recording???
The same reason why no one bothered to listen to the recording once Jack had it back in possession. 24 writers lay the plot contrivances pretty thick. There were tons of 24-style cliches they cashed in on last episode. Those cliches pretty much destroy all the good character moments.
Old 05-11-06, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by Legolas
The same reason why no one bothered to listen to the recording once Jack had it back in possession. 24 writers lay the plot contrivances pretty thick. There were tons of 24-style cliches they cashed in on last episode. Those cliches pretty much destroy all the good character moments.
It wouldn't matter if 100 different people heard it, they've got to have the recording to prove it, so I don't really have too much of a problem with that part (although if someone in front of me had a recording that had this type of evidence, I'd want to hear it as soon as I could). As far as making a back-up goes, that's a different story. Maybe Henderson has a back-up elsewhere, who knows...
Old 05-11-06, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
So let me get this straight, two hours ago Jack was in possession of the tape/evidence and Heller offered Logan a chance to step down with no repercussions. Two hours later Jack still has the tape and Logan wants to commit suicide? What the fuck is up with that? Something wrong with that character development. A chance to live, his plan succeeded, BTW, but not be president, or death. Hmmm, tough choice. Suicide would be much more detrimental to the country than stepping down due to stress. That just left me

Lot's of over-the-top cheese this episode, but in true 24 fashion I'll be damned if I wasn't on the edge of my seat.

Originally Posted by Doughboy
I think Gregory Itzin just clinched his Best Supporting Actor Emmy.
I agree. When he learned he had to shoot down the plane then acted clueless in front of Novak when the marine suggested it blew me away. Give that man a shiny statue!
Old 05-11-06, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
So let me get this straight, two hours ago Jack was in possession of the tape/evidence and Heller offered Logan a chance to step down with no repercussions. Two hours later Jack still has the tape and Logan wants to commit suicide? What the fuck is up with that? Something wrong with that character development. A chance to live, his plan succeeded, BTW, but not be president, or death. Hmmm, tough choice. Suicide would be much more detrimental to the country than stepping down due to stress. That just left me

Lot's of over-the-top cheese this episode, but in true 24 fashion I'll be damned if I wasn't on the edge of my seat.

I agree. When he learned he had to shoot down the plane then acted clueless in front of Novak when the marine suggested it blew me away. Give that man a shiny statue!

Yes, but I think there was a difference. Heller was offering him a deal and the tape wouldn't be brought up. Now, in his mind, Heller's dead, his wife hates him, Aaron's onto him, Mike's onto him, they're bringing the tape to light no matter what, and BlueTooth Headset Club doesn't want to be discovered, and are putting the pressure on him...
Old 05-11-06, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
When Heller offered to let him step down, Heller's men had the tape and not Jack. How could you forget Heller punching Jack in the throat and handcuffing him to pipes in the airport?

Jack has always wanted to expose the President, so suicide would be the only option to avoid jail.
Old 05-11-06, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by tenaciousdave
When Heller offered to let him step down, Heller's men had the tape and not Jack. How could you forget Heller punching Jack in the throat and handcuffing him to pipes in the airport?
We are privy to that info, but as far as Logan knows, Jack had it up until Henderson recovered it and handed it off.
Old 05-12-06, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Has anyone suggested the possibility that the Logan/Henderson recording was forged using Alex Hewitt's software? That'd be awesome.

(I don't actually think that would happen.)
Old 05-14-06, 10:48 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Miles erasing the recording was the lamest bit of the season.

I loved the show up to this point, but they almost lost me with that lame twist.

There's no way, in such a situation, that Chloe wouldnt be protected by 100 people.

Instead that putz waltzes right in and uses kryptonite to delete the recording.

Last edited by vegasbaby; 05-14-06 at 10:53 PM.
Old 05-14-06, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Doughboy
I think Gregory Itzin just clinched his Best Supporting Actor Emmy.
Not with the stellar performance given by Forest Whitaker on The Shield.