Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Twenty Four (24) -- "Day 5: 3:00AM - 4:00AM" -- 05/08/06

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-06, 05:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts
I guess we're supposed to believe that Miles intervened before Chloe could copy the recording to her laptop. Possible, but not plausible. Which pretty much sums up 24.
That's because THERE'S JUST NOT ENOUGH TIME!
Old 05-09-06, 06:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
I still have no idea why Jack never just played the stupid recording on the cell phone for CTU to hear. Lame plot device to keep it being the only thing possible to bring down Logan for Palmer's murder.
They've got to have the original recording in order to be able to prove it's authentic, or at least a direct copy of the original recording. Anything played over the phone would have been worthless as evidence.

Now, the question of why a back-up wasn't made (or for all we know, maybe one was) remains up in the air. Who knows, maybe there is a copy somewhere or maybe even the recording they have is a copy and the original is being kept elsewhere.

Last edited by bjh_18; 05-11-06 at 06:00 AM.
Old 05-09-06, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Boot
Wait a minute...did that fucker just flashy thingy the recording device?
Old 05-09-06, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Steam
Do you think anyone ever told the Admiral that he looks an awful lot like Sugar Ray Leonard?
[Kramer]
Pepper Johnson?
[/Kramer]
Old 05-09-06, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Agree it was pretty ridiculous not having 7 armed guards around Chloe while she has the ONLY evidence of the Prez's evil ways upon which Jack has risked life and limb.

Still, a good ep., with the gun out there, so close, a final drink, only to have "loyal" Miles turn.

I thought for a moment Karen Hayes was going to lead Milo, I mean Miles, to a holding room and lock him in. That woulda been cool...
Old 05-09-06, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I still don't understand what motivation he has to call the President. I mean seriously. If he was never involved in the first place and was just told the real deal a few minutes ago. What motivation would he have to call the president to say he can foil their plan to take him down. I can't believe he'd do it just to gain power because he's too smart to risk something like that.
Old 05-09-06, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by N2DVD
That's because THERE'S JUST NOT ENOUGH TIME!
There was about 20 minutes.

I copy files to my PC all the time (Video, voice, pictures...) and the 1st thing I do when I hook it up is to make a copy onto my HD. I do not delete until it backed up onto CD.

Nothing is secure until you back it up, Chole would have known that fact.
Old 05-09-06, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts
Was Miles reminding anyone else of Dwight Schrute in this episode? His speech patterns seemed very similar to Dwight's. Also I could see Dwight behaving exactly the same way. Just imagine that the president was Michael Scott. Jack Bauer would of course be Jim.
Old 05-09-06, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by kantonburg
I still don't understand what motivation he has to call the President. I mean seriously. If he was never involved in the first place and was just told the real deal a few minutes ago. What motivation would he have to call the president to say he can foil their plan to take him down. I can't believe he'd do it just to gain power because he's too smart to risk something like that.
I think it was a gut reaction to his betrayal by Karen to leave him in the dark.
Old 05-09-06, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kantonburg
What exactly makes you think he's too smart for that? He seems like a weasel to me, and weasels will bite anybody in the ass to climb the ladder.

I agree with the sentiments that it's ridiculous (even by 24 standards) to think that NO ONE would have made a back-up of the recording. What an absolute cheap plot trick. This season has been especially bad about that kind of stuff, and the last-minute phone call to the pres (twice now in the last few hours) to save his ass is just another of them. Actually, I'm kind of suprised that the pres didn't have the gun to his head with a close-up shot of his finger just squeezing the trigger when the phone rang. I'm actually a little impressed that 24 eased back on the "lame-o-meter" just a little there.

Last edited by Boot; 05-09-06 at 10:52 AM.
Old 05-09-06, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by Boot
Actually, I'm kind of suprised that the pres didn't have the gun to his head with a close-up shot of his finger just squeezing the trigger when the phone rang. I'm actually a little impressed that 24 eased back on the "lame-o-meter" just a little there.
Good point
Old 05-09-06, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Doughboy
Plot hole aside, it was another great episode. I think Gregory Itzin just clinched his Best Supporting Actor Emmy.

I agree 100%

I've been trying to find out his birthdate, but I cannot find it anywhere. I would think he's in his early 50's.

Chris
Old 05-09-06, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm betting the recording never sees the light of day, but that somehow Logan gets killed in the last three episodes and everyone says good enough and calls it a day...
Old 05-09-06, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Rogue588
I am so surprised at the turn of events with Miles!
I should have known the Weasel would mess things up. How far does he possibly think he is going to be rise up the ladder after helping the President?
Hopefully Robocup will break loose and shoot him.
Old 05-09-06, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I guess the Warlock escapes since he traded nods with the driver.
Old 05-09-06, 12:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
I'm betting the recording never sees the light of day, but that somehow Logan gets killed in the last three episodes and everyone says good enough and calls it a day...
Yeah, I mean, the more you think about it, having a standing president found to be a traitor or (Geez!) commiting suicide would have serious repercussions for the entire nation. It's a good point that had been brought up repeatedly within show. Whereas if Logan just gets assasinated it wouldn't be so bad (Only problem with that is that he might go down in history as a hero, which he definately doesn't deserve...)
Old 05-09-06, 01:05 PM

some one should have guarded the recording better, especially since it was 58 minutes past the hour. Jack is smart but he still hasnt realized that bad things always happen at 58 minutes past every hour.

How many episodes are left and are they doing a two hour finale?

Great show. that plane landing was intense, unbelievable, but still intense.
Old 05-09-06, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

3 more to go. Like in the past, there will be no 2 hours finale - just an hour.
Old 05-09-06, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Originally Posted by McHawkson
3 more to go. Like in the past, there will be no 2 hours finale - just an hour.
There is 3 more hours to go, but the finale is indeed 2 episodes.

Did Jack put on his invisible cloak again while Curtis' car was being inspected by the marines?

Found it hard to believe the marines couldn't see him sitting in the back seat.
Old 05-09-06, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya
There is 3 more hours to go, but the finale is indeed 2 episodes.

Did Jack put on his invisible cloak again while Curtis' car was being inspected by the marines?

Yeah the Marines in real life wouldn't give a s*** about any government agents and their agenda, especially since they were on direct orders from the President. It was just a weak, convenient way to let Jack escape.

It would have been better if the Marines saw them and gave chase and CTU started shooting at them and caused them to crash. That would have been a lot more believable.

Chris
Old 05-09-06, 01:23 PM

anyone else think there was a continuity error when pres. logan first picks up the gun, goes to see the first lady, comes back and opens the chest to pick up the gun again? seems like he took the gun with him. anyways.. pierce next week, fuck yeah!
Old 05-09-06, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by windom
Was Miles reminding anyone else of Dwight Schrute in this episode? His speech patterns seemed very similar to Dwight's. Also I could see Dwight behaving exactly the same way. Just imagine that the president was Michael Scott. Jack Bauer would of course be Jim.
I thought Miles' speech/phone call was eerily reminiscent of John Malkovich's assassin character from "In The Line of Fire."
Old 05-09-06, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DJariya

Perhaps he wouldn't of easily recognized him, thus the point of the request for IDs? I doubt every marine would have Jack Bauer's face committed to memory?

I like the invisibility cloak idea though.
Old 05-09-06, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
how bout the forgotten victims in this whole episode
the air marshall and the German...
damn those guys must have been tossed around like rag dolls in the cargo hold
and did anyone (flight crew, Marines) remember to get them out or did they go the way of Behrooz

by the way I thought Curtis used the old CTU/Jedi mind trick on the Marines

Last edited by musick; 05-09-06 at 03:41 PM.
Old 05-09-06, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 114 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by Doughboy
Plot hole aside, it was another great episode. I think Gregory Itzin just clinched his Best Supporting Actor Emmy.
They better damn well give this guy an Emmy nom at least! He's so good in the role I actually find myself rooting for him to get away with it! I hope those voters don't overlook him.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.