Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lost -- "S.O.S." -- 04.12.2006

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-06, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ahahahahaha, "I asked Sayid first, and I only asked you because they don't want you!"
Old 04-12-06, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When Jack first started screaming in the field for the others before they camera started spining around I thought I saw someone behind him and Kate. Can anyone with tivo or anything go back and check?
Old 04-12-06, 09:08 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
....yep....

Old 04-12-06, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Bernard's acting was purely fantastic in this episode. He should get an award.
Old 04-12-06, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

"i think i liked you better when you just beat people with your stick."
Old 04-12-06, 09:18 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I enjoyed the episode. Rose and Bernards story got me misty in a couple of places, and glad to see Michael return.

Not much in the way of island plot, but was actually kind of happy not to have another aggravating major cliffhanger before another hiatus (though I think only for 2 weeks this time).

Slightly off topic, but the long commercial for Invasion got me super stoked for it's return from hiatus next week!
Old 04-12-06, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This episode suck. I think this is only the second time I have said that since the beginning of the show.
Old 04-12-06, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts
Overall, pretty solid ep .
Old 04-12-06, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Was that Isaac healer guy the same guy in season 1 that did the reading for Claire and warned her that her baby was going to be evil and not to give it up?
Old 04-12-06, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Was that Isaac healer guy the same guy in season 1 that did the reading for Claire and warned her that her baby was going to be evil and not to give it up?
No, it's not the same guy.
Old 04-12-06, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 432 Posts
Originally Posted by aktick
....yep....

what is that responding too?
Old 04-12-06, 09:32 PM

this is somewhat trivial but did anyone else have their close captioning on?
when ana-lucia tells locke "i pushed your button" , locke's reply came out as "it's not my butt". just found that funny.
Old 04-12-06, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Brian Gentz
that look on "Henry's" face was awesome.
Almost the best thing about tonight's episode.

Funny bit with the trap.

Good to see Rose and Bernanrd make up. So Rose and Locke share the island's secret. Liked when their paths crossed in the last flashback.

So sad that there is a wait before the rest of the season.

Hurley entertaining Libby with shadow animals.
Old 04-12-06, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle
I enjoyed the episode. Rose and Bernards story got me misty in a couple of places, and glad to see Michael return.
Definitely. Screw that Jack/Kate/Sawyer "triangle". I'll take Rose & Bernard, thank you very much. Another for Michael's return. However, I wonder if he escaped or they let him go.

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Something about seeing Scorpius attempt a Vulcan mind meld with Rose had me
Old 04-12-06, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by zuffy
This episode suck. I think this is only the second time I have said that since the beginning of the show.
And the other time was which episode? (You aren't just going to leave us hanging, are you? Unless you're involved in the making of the show, then it's understandable.)
Old 04-12-06, 09:52 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by whotony
what is that responding too?
Lol, nothing/nobody...it's been posted quite a bit throughout the series as a theory, that flight 815 went down in one of these "vortices." Tonight's discussion by Rose and the healer that there were these certain areas where there was more energy or whatever, got me thinking about that image. This was the most obvious example of this being a possibility yet. Also, when "Henry" said something an ep or two ago about God not being able to see the island, it made me think of it.

Not that I even think it's a good theory, just figured I'd throw it out there again.
Old 04-12-06, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 867 Likes on 391 Posts
For some reason, this episode had me wondering if the blast doors coming down last week had something to do with the particular album (Geronimo Jackson?) being played last week? At first I thought it was just a timing issue, like every 108 cycles of 108 or something, the blast doors would come down. But maybe the occupant has to send a signal.

Anyway, enjoyed this episode. Although for part of it I was thinking, I wish Rose would go back to just sitting on the beach not saying anything.
I think this was the first time we had confirmation that it's a church being built.
Awesome seeing Rose and Locke in the flashback. (now it's time to go back to those early threads and laugh at the people saying "how could no one see Locke in a wheelchair while boarding?)
Old 04-12-06, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by cdoug57
So Rose and Locke share the island's secret. Liked when their paths crossed in the last flashback.
It was a beautifully played moment.
We spend so much time in the flashbacks with the "main" cast members it was nice to see the lives of some of the second tier characters as well.....that both are outstanding actors was sauce for the goose. And nice to see Scorpious...even if he wasn't doing a song & dance inside of Critchton's head.....boy I miss Farscape.
Anyway, solid episode of Lost and I guess we are picking up steam towards the end of the season.
Old 04-12-06, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Here's some of the things that I posted on my truly terrible LOST blog:

There is a lottery article in the tabliod inside the Issac brochure - Hurley's mind?

Eko is building a church, says that "people get saved in different ways".

Jack choose Kate to go into the woods with him because "they don't want her". Kate - "we're damaged goods" (good and bad people).

According to Issac, certain places have special geological and magnetic energy. The Island was chosen due to those very properties (Swan Hatch, Orientation video). Australia did not have the right energy to heal Rose - but the Island did. The Island has healing powers (Locke / Rose). Rose tells Issac that she will tell Bernard that he "fixed" her (Jack told Sarah that he would "fix" her when she was paralyzed).

There is a large "black rock" in the area Jack encountered the Others. Michael returns, exhausted.
Old 04-12-06, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Finally - the return of Michael.

Liked the moment between Rose & Locke and the reveal of their first run-in.

"I liked you better when you just hit people w/ your stick."
Old 04-12-06, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by Rogue588

Something about seeing Scorpius attempt a Vulcan mind meld with Rose had me
That was the dude who played Harvey!?!?!?!?!
Old 04-12-06, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

my tivo messed up just as locke was about to go in and talk to henry. can someone tell me what i missed? thanks.

pretty good episode overall IMO. not action packed but interesting to finally learn about bernard and rose.
Old 04-13-06, 12:04 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by auto
Agreed. Cuts into my South Park.
HAHA! Thats the exact same thing that happened to me...I set my VCR for LOST then to go into South Park...and if LOST runs long...I set the VCR for the rerun showing 2 hours later...

However...I didn't know it was an extra 5 minutes again...can any fill me in on what happens right after Locke says, "I went out to stretch my legs"
Old 04-13-06, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by zuffy
No, it's not the same guy.
It was the guy who played Scorpius on Farscape.
Old 04-13-06, 12:18 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I thought it was a week episode because not much happened until we saw michael. but then i remembered that not much happens in every episode, just a few things here and there. so i determined that i didn't like rose's character AT ALL. enjoyed henry's face, knew he'd be great after seeing him in a recurring role on the practice for a season or so. can't wait for a match up between the survivors and the others as michael tries to start in the previews.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.