Reload this Page >

Lost -- "S.O.S." -- 04.12.2006

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lost -- "S.O.S." -- 04.12.2006

Old 04-13-06, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jaschiero
can't wait for a match up between the survivors and the others as michael tries to start in the previews.
Don't forget what Micael started at the end of season 1. The raft idea didn't go so swell. I'm guessing his plan to go after the others will work equally well.
Old 04-13-06, 03:11 AM
Banned

Damn overrun. What happened after Kate said she was sorry for kissing Jack?
Old 04-13-06, 05:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
For some reason, this episode had me wondering if the blast doors coming down last week had something to do with the particular album (Geronimo Jackson?) being played last week? At first I thought it was just a timing issue, like every 108 cycles of 108 or something, the blast doors would come down. But maybe the occupant has to send a signal.
Interesting theory. Made me think about what people usually yell when jumping out of a plane ....

I love when Locke was wanting to talk to Henry, but seemed torn about if he wanted to start talking about things in front of A-L.

We do get a better idea of why some (Locke, Rose, Sun) would want to stay on the island. Perhaps this has also "healed" Charlie.
Old 04-13-06, 05:48 AM
Banned

Rose tells Issac that she will tell Bernard that he "fixed" her (Jack told Sarah that he would "fix" her when she was paralyzed).
It think you are overanalyzing here. To "fix" is such a basic/common language use.

There is no connection between those two incidents. Jack told Sarah he would "fix" her because thats what orthopedic surgeons say when they are treating someone with a spinal/back/shoulder/knee injury.
Old 04-13-06, 06:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally Posted by Brian Gentz
that look on "Henry's" face was awesome.
Agreed. Definitely appears to back up the previous assumption that his goal is to get the survivors to STOP entering in the numbers.

It was nice learning about some new characters. Rose & Bernards story was interesting and definitely cool that someone knows about Locke's condition.
Old 04-13-06, 06:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The more I see, the more I am convinced it is some big psychological experiment, trying to see more powerful the mind is in healing, physically (Locke's legs, Rose's cancer, Jin's lack of swimmers, etc), psychologically (Charlie's drug addition, Hurley's food addiction), and emotionally (Kate, Jack, Sawyer, Sayid, Claire). Of course, some overlap. Since it is playing with their heads, they can't have children involved, so they take them. If people think that this island can save them, will they be able to save themselves? It's like a combo of faith healing and placebos, with possible mind altering drugs, as others have speculated.
Old 04-13-06, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

what was the instrumental music playing? I know it, but the name escape me.
Old 04-13-06, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I enjoyed the back story of Rose and Bernard. The rest of the ep just had me going hmmmm. Oh and Sawyer couldn't build a worthy shelter to save his life. He had it all wrong with his placement of them branches.

From the preview:
Spoiler:
Was it trickery or did Jack actually demand that Sawyer take them to the Others?
Old 04-13-06, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I didn't get a preview on my Canadian station, probably since there is not another episode for a few weeks.
Old 04-13-06, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by Tazwolff
From the preview:
Spoiler:
Was it trickery or did Jack actually demand that Sawyer take them to the Others?
Spoiler:
Jack wants the guns. And when he wants the guns, he'll get the guns.
Old 04-13-06, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Well after seeing this episode, I don't really like Rose anymore. The "You're just a dentist" line would of pissed me off too.

What I would give to get caught up in a net with Kate. The "oh, so you can hear me" line from Jack was really good. So was Kate's comment about getting let back into the club.

Fake Henry's grin was good.
Old 04-13-06, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

What was Locke writing in the hatch? So is he not pressing the button at all now?
Old 04-13-06, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

He was trying to draw a map of what showed up on the door when his leg was trapped.
Old 04-13-06, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

He's trying to draw the map that he saw on the door from his memory.
Old 04-13-06, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by movieking
The more I see, the more I am convinced it is some big psychological experiment, trying to see more powerful the mind is in healing, physically (Locke's legs, Rose's cancer, Jin's lack of swimmers, etc), psychologically (Charlie's drug addition, Hurley's food addiction), and emotionally (Kate, Jack, Sawyer, Sayid, Claire).
Yup, its pretty clear that the island heals all. I'd add AL and Libby to your psychological healing list. Also perhaps Michael.

I was touched by the Bernard/Rose relationship. I think those two have a great dynamic together, and their facial feature play really well off each other. Bernard almost had me in tears with his "we'll never leave then" speech.

The other wierd thing I was thinking about last night - we never found out what happened to Jack's father's body. Maybe the island can heal death?

So, what is the thoughts about Henry pushing or not pushing the button? He just wants to mess with Locke? Or a more sinister plan is in the works?

Edit: I also noticed that giant black rock in the area where the others and Jack were. I wonder if that is another hatch opening or something under it? It seemed rather suspicious to me.
Old 04-13-06, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by boogieman03
Fake Henry's grin was good.
Totally reminded me of
Spoiler:
Elijah Wood's character

in Sin City.

Anyways, I liked the pace of this one, even if the Rose/Bernard story wasn't terribly compelling. I guess it could be called filler since there weren't any huge revelations though. Sometimes I enjoy those though.
Old 04-13-06, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by B.A.
Spoiler:
Jack wants the guns. And when he wants the guns, he'll get the guns.
I was just going to say that.

One of the local Detroit morning shows interviewed Michael Emerson, the guy who plays "Fake Henry" yesterday. I was trying to see if the station's website had the audio online, but I don't see it. One thing he said in regards to "Him", ... when the DJ assumed its the bearded man, Michael asked, "What makes you assume its the bearded man? How do you know I'm not "him"?

They do have their own LOST page though with some interesting (and already covered) stuff on it:

http://2004.channel955.com/mojo_lost.html

Last edited by Snowmaker; 04-13-06 at 09:32 AM.
Old 04-13-06, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

We better see Desmond again before the season is over.
Old 04-13-06, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

By the way, anyone think the whole Jack-and-Kate-tied-up-in-a-tree was just supposed to be sexual tension? I was so annoyed with that scene. Either get it on or go home!
Old 04-13-06, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by suziq999
Either get it on or go home!
It's not like STD's are running rampant through the island population. If it can cure paralysis, cancer, sterility, foot fungus, morning-breath - why not an STD?
Old 04-13-06, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 242 Likes on 177 Posts
Originally Posted by boogieman03

The "oh, so you can hear me" line from Jack was really good.
Yes, that was funny. I also liked his line to Locke when the countdown warning was going off: "you gonna get that?".
Old 04-13-06, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts
anyone think the whole Jack-and-Kate-tied-up-in-a-tree was just supposed to be sexual tension?
Yup, just like Luke and Han in the ewok net
Old 04-13-06, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone else notice that the counter didn't start counting down until Locke took pressure off the button?

cheers,

-the Jesus
Old 04-13-06, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by cupcake jesus
Anyone else notice that the counter didn't start counting down until Locke took pressure off the button?

cheers,

-the Jesus

Yer I noticed that too, I thought Locke noticed it too for a second.

Also I wonder if that healer was the same place that locke was intending to go before being knocked back coz of his disability.
Old 04-13-06, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by cupcake jesus

cheers,

-the Jesus
I also noticed that. I was wondering for a second if it got stuck.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.