Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lost -- "Maternity Leave" -- 03.01.2006

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-06, 10:48 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
aktick, the first title you reference was a seaon one title, i believe.
I think you're right...I knew I was losing it...
Old 03-04-06, 02:02 PM
JM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chip718
Help..my DVR didn't change channels correctly and I missed lat nights episode. Does anyone know if there is anywhere legally to download except iTunes? Much Thanks.
Is your DVR a ReplayTV by any chance? If so, you could get it legally through IVS using Poopli.
Old 03-05-06, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 870 Likes on 392 Posts
Just started watching this again, it seems just before Claire's flashbacks, we hear the warning horn go off. Just like the horn that went off when the 108 clock went down to zero.
Not sure if it means anything, or maybe Claire heard the horn at the infirmary while she was there.

Also (saw this on another board, don't remember seeing it on here), the song on the mobile is Catch a falling star & put it in your pocket. Which is the song Claire asked the perspective adoptive mother to sing every once in awhile.

EDIT: Ahh, it was going off when Claire was waking up in the jungle in her flashback.

Last edited by IDrinkMolson; 03-05-06 at 12:41 PM.
Old 03-05-06, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Excellent catch on the song title there. I knew that was the song, but I had entirely forgotten Claire had asked the potential adoptive mother (in the conference table scene) to sing that particular song to the baby.

This supports the theory that perhaps Claire imagined certain elements in her flashback-- the song, the Oceanic Air mobile.

OR it could mean that Dharma somehow knew about the song. Was someone at that conference table working for Dharma? Anyone want to go back and look at that scene and see if there are any familiar faces?
Old 03-05-06, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Another interesting tidbit, my wife said that rheubella(sp?), is similar to Rosiola which Jack said the rash could be, is a german strain of the measles. Not sure how that would fit in other than possibly "time" again. Maybe the scientists were working on a warfare strain of the virus pre-1965(pulled that number from Eko's beliefs), and coming up with an antedote for it. ?? Any theories?
Old 03-06-06, 02:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Another interesting tidbit, my wife said that rheubella(sp?), is similar to Rosiola which Jack said the rash could be, is a german strain of the measles. Not sure how that would fit in other than possibly "time" again. Maybe the scientists were working on a warfare strain of the virus pre-1965(pulled that number from Eko's beliefs), and coming up with an antedote for it. ?? Any theories?
Despite the name, rubella (or German measles) has nothing to do with Germany.
Old 03-06-06, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Salty
Despite the name, rubella (or German measles) has nothing to do with Germany.
Well, there you go.
Old 03-06-06, 09:16 AM

When I first saw Zeke (Mr. F), I thought it was Jack's dad. I soon realized I was wrong, but my gf and I were talking, and when we thought it was Jack Sr, things started to make sense. His dad wasn't in the coffin from the plane, he thought he saw him walking around on the island, and the guy Jack met running was in the hatch. What if Jack's dad is actually alive and heading up the Dharma group, and he arranged for his death so that the plane would be in the right place at the right time to come down on the island?

A little off topic, and I don't know if it's been talked about before, but it is a theory.
Old 03-07-06, 08:06 PM
Suspended

From Spoilerfix.com - The word on the street is that
Spoiler:
[Locke] will be on crutches for the remainder of the season.
Source: Kristin on E!Online
Old 03-07-06, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Finally, caught this ep. Really enjoyed the scene w/ Eko in the vault w/ the Other.

And I was happy as hell that they finally confirmed the fake-beard - that had been bugging me since they initially showed the leader.
Old 03-08-06, 08:21 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Lockdown is Hurley centered.
Spoiler:
It may be Hurley "centered," but it seems the flashbacks involve Locke...
Promo screens from the episode airing 3/29 - http://www.lost-media.com/modules.ph...ils&album=1006
Old 03-09-06, 06:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Zien
When I first saw Zeke (Mr. F), I thought it was Jack's dad. I soon realized I was wrong, but my gf and I were talking, and when we thought it was Jack Sr, things started to make sense. His dad wasn't in the coffin from the plane, he thought he saw him walking around on the island, and the guy Jack met running was in the hatch. What if Jack's dad is actually alive and heading up the Dharma group, and he arranged for his death so that the plane would be in the right place at the right time to come down on the island?

A little off topic, and I don't know if it's been talked about before, but it is a theory.
Pretty unlikely. Jack's dad was a drunk for years, then went all wacko. Sitting in some rank bar with Sawyer hardly seems like the place for the head of a worldwide organization like Dharma.
Old 03-13-06, 09:14 PM
Suspended

So, Desmond
Spoiler:
is going to be on '24' next week...think this means we'll never see him on Lost again, or might he back after a quick death on 24? I sure hope we haven't seen the last of him on our island.
Old 03-13-06, 09:18 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
It was pretty funny seeing Terry O'Quinn on The Cutting Edge last night. He played Moira Kelly's father.
Old 03-13-06, 09:41 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
It was pretty funny seeing Terry O'Quinn on The Cutting Edge last night. He played Moira Kelly's father.
Using a wishlist on my Tivo it recorded an episode of Matlock with him in it a few weeks back, was funny.