Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

FINALLY! Lost -- "the 23rd Psalm" -- 01.11.2006

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-06, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by runner001
Is it me? Am I the only one concerned that a plane burning in the middle of a "jungle" with trees and bushes and grass will spread and pretty soon their source of food and protection will be gone?

Mr Eko seems to be at least partially a nature dude and he should have known better than to burn something so close to trees and bushes.
I said the same thing to my wife. We'll just assume that, like everything else on the island, that you have to suspend belief.
Old 01-16-06, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 914 Likes on 649 Posts
Originally Posted by mphtrilogy
Also, The "kid" on the other side of the computer asking if it's "Dad" may not necessarily Walt. There were a lot of kids who got plucked away...
Maybe, but "dad" wasn't brought up until Michael typed his name. Granted there could have been another Michael on the flight with a kid, but I'm betting no on that one.

As far as we've seen there were only 3-4 kids on the flight, so odds of one of the other kid's having a dad named Michael are pretty slim, common name or not.
Old 01-16-06, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DVD Josh
I said the same thing to my wife. We'll just assume that, like everything else on the island, that you have to suspend belief.
Unless the "Others" inhabit one of the other stations. Have we seen them attack in broad daylight? Heavy rains, yes. At night, yes. But I don't recall a pirate attack in the sun. Perhaps they were underground and did not see it.

Last edited by A-aron; 01-16-06 at 05:19 PM.
Old 01-16-06, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DVD Josh
I said the same thing to my wife. We'll just assume that, like everything else on the island, that you have to suspend disbelief.
fixed
Old 01-16-06, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now that we have seen the back story about the heroin plane, I am hoping we get an episode with the backstory of the pirate ship.
Old 01-16-06, 06:59 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadzia
Now that we have seen the back story about the heroin plane, I am hoping we get an episode with the backstory of the pirate ship.
Hmmm, good point!
Old 01-16-06, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by aktick
Hmmm, good point!

I figure that will have something to do with the others, so it will prolly be ahile for that backstory...
Old 01-16-06, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadzia
I *could* be very interesting - such as an episode of pirates getting shipwrecked on the island (perhaps even starting from the Carribean or somewhere FAR away) and first finding out about the weird qualities of the island.

Or it could be as interesting as a pirate ship crashing on the island and nothing else happening.

Unfortunately, the explinations for many things on the island is less than satisfactory.
Old 01-17-06, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Maybe they'll tie it in with Pirates of the Caribbean 3.
Old 01-17-06, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are the chances it's really Walt? The "others" are pretty crafty. Sounds like a trap to me -- draw Michael to them without any help.
Old 01-19-06, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
I re-watched this episode during the 8pm repeat and noticed that Eko and Charlie screwed up the 23rd Psalm. In that Psalm, one line goes:

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil."

But Eko and Charlie said this instead:

"Yea, though I walk through the shadow of the valley of death, I will fear no evil."

Transposing the words "shadow" and "valley" - was this change intentional, or just a screw-up that wasn't caught by the makers of the show? (Although it's hard to believe they would call the episode "The 23rd Psalm" and not know the ordering of the words in that particular Psalm.)