Old 01-12-06, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
But this is, overall, the Lost thread.
Old 01-12-06, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 921 Likes on 654 Posts
Originally Posted by achau9598
what if the drugs were heading for Charlie and his brother? The plane (obviously) never made it, so Eko likely was getting on a plane to find out what happened to his stuff.
A couple of things. Eko was on the flight from Australia to America. The drugs left from Nigeria, headed to an unkown locale. It is possible the drugs were headed for Australia, but can such a small plane carry enough fuel to make it that far? Even refueling somewhere in America or Mexico, it seems like a stretch.

Everyone is also dismissing time. The bodies on the plane were partially decomposed. That plane had been there a while. Maybe a year.

Even after all that, since Island time is funny, Eko would need more than the Nigerian militia calling him father to get to the holy man he is on the island. Some time would have had to pass for him to make his piece with God and start down a righteous path. I doubt it happened overnight, especially after seeing his brother shot.
Old 01-12-06, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spoiler:
"The Hunting Party"
Jack, Locke and Sawyer chase Michael after he plunges into the jungle in search of Walt; Sun has a surprising reaction to Jin's desire to join the search party; Hurley and Charlie commiserate over the question of what women want.
Old 01-12-06, 10:25 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
the tattoos are the actors, not related to the show,

the 5 is supposed to be from Party of Five?
I know they are actually tattoos that Matthew Fox has, but they must have decided to use them for the show as well - from last season's episode where Jack was going to get married... http://www.lost-media.com/modules.ph...bum=364&pos=50 . I don't think they'd remove the tattoo for no reason.
Old 01-13-06, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Is that Dave from Titus?
Old 01-13-06, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes...yes it is.
Old 01-13-06, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
A couple of things. Eko was on the flight from Australia to America. The drugs left from Nigeria, headed to an unkown locale. It is possible the drugs were headed for Australia, but can such a small plane carry enough fuel to make it that far? Even refueling somewhere in America or Mexico, it seems like a stretch.

Everyone is also dismissing time. The bodies on the plane were partially decomposed. That plane had been there a while. Maybe a year.

Even after all that, since Island time is funny, Eko would need more than the Nigerian militia calling him father to get to the holy man he is on the island. Some time would have had to pass for him to make his piece with God and start down a righteous path. I doubt it happened overnight, especially after seeing his brother shot.
Since everybody's background is like 4 years ago, I am pretty sure Eko's background is 4 years ago too.
Old 01-13-06, 11:17 AM

Other crash

Does anyone know when the small plane crashed on the island? In comparison to when Flight 815 did?
Old 01-13-06, 12:03 PM

Is that Dave from Titus?
Scut Farkus!
Old 01-13-06, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Not unless you allow for "island magic." Assuming they are somewhere along or near the flight vector from Sidney to LA, the South Pacific is half way around the world from Nigeria. That plane looked like a Beech 18. Produced over many years, I've seen range figures from about 700-1100 miles for it, depending on configuration. It would need many hops along nations rimming the northern Indian Ocean to get to Southeast Asia, Indonesia to get to either Australia or Polynesia.

I don't think it could make it to North America except by (maybe) Ireland or Scotland to Iceland to Greenland to Newfoundland. It doesn't have the range for Africa to South America. It only holds a couple of hundred gallons of fuel.

But we shouldn't let reality affect anything.
Old 01-13-06, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
ahem...

http://www.deepinfo.com/WorldGrid.htm
Old 01-13-06, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

*snip*
Agreed, quite some time must have passed between the time that his brother boarded that plane to Eko reaching his spiritual maturity or the maturity that is being displayed in the present time.

It was an amazing episode, the best that I've seen to date in terms of a backstory...including Locke's and Kate's.

Now, what is Charlie up to with the drugs....addiction must be in his blood...it's a crutch

Michael more annoying now, why would he not share what he's doing with anyone else? Possibly Locke? But, it's called suspense and I'm buying into it....

I'm along for the ride and loving most of it
Old 01-13-06, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by zuffy
Since everybody's background is like 4 years ago, I am pretty sure Eko's background is 4 years ago too.
There's absolutely NOTHING to back this up. The creators have said the crash could be in the past, the future, the present.

Now I'm not criticizing you, because honestly, that would be the same timeframe I would apply myself, if I haven't been beaten over the head myself by the creators and producers with the above.
Old 01-13-06, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wouldn't it be crazy if events we thought were flashbacks were actually flashforwards?
Old 01-13-06, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Aphex Twin
Wouldn't it be crazy if events we thought were flashbacks were actually flashforwards?
I actually deleted that from my post above yours before submitting!!

I did so because really, that can't work - Walt / Michael, Claire's Baby, kate / marshall, etc.
Old 01-13-06, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Sparrow
Michael more annoying now, why would he not share what he's doing with anyone else? Possibly Locke? But, it's called suspense and I'm buying into it....
Probably because they were all told not to use the computer for anything but entering the numbers or something bad will happen.

Once he brings it up, his ass is pitched from the hatch, never to talk to Walt again.
Old 01-13-06, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So wait, is there actually someone on the other end of the computer chatting with Michael and he just turned off the monitor when Jack came around to his side of the table? Or is Michael hallucinating and he's chatting with no one?
Old 01-13-06, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by hahn
So wait, is there actually someone on the other end of the computer chatting with Michael and he just turned off the monitor when Jack came around to his side of the table? Or is Michael hallucinating and he's chatting with no one?
YOU JUST BLEW MY MIND!!!
Old 01-13-06, 11:22 PM

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts
Michael has been REALLY annoying this year. He needs to get shot by the others and go away.
Old 01-13-06, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 655 Likes on 453 Posts
I'm guessing that the chatting is real, and I don't think Michael shut off the monitor. What I think happened was that the text vanished, possibly caused by Walt erasing the screen on his side of the connection, since he seems to have control on when to initiate chatting.
Old 01-14-06, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

That's precisely what I think. I think the "surprise" return of a character in next week's episode will be Walt's dead body.
Old 01-16-06, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by johnnysd
Michael has been REALLY annoying this year. He needs to get shot by the others and go away.
He was really annoying last year too. My least favorite character.
Old 01-16-06, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Mr. Eko just became my favorite character. I always thought he was really interesting but now, man... I picture Locke and him going commando on the others.
Old 01-16-06, 08:06 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Also, The "kid" on the other side of the computer asking if it's "Dad" may not necessarily Walt. There were a lot of kids who got plucked away...
Old 01-16-06, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Is it me? Am I the only one concerned that a plane burning in the middle of a "jungle" with trees and bushes and grass will spread and pretty soon their source of food and protection will be gone?

Mr Eko seems to be at least partially a nature dude and he should have known better than to burn something so close to trees and bushes.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.