Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Shield - Season 5 (starts Tuesday Jan 10!!!)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-06, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How did I miss this until now? I just saw a promo last night and it looks like another good season ahead!

http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/orig...ield/main.html
Old 01-09-06, 11:37 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
The season will be 22 episodes, and is quite possibly the last.
Old 01-09-06, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 870 Likes on 392 Posts
This first episode is listed as 1 hr 8 min. Pad if necessary.
Old 01-09-06, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Groucho
The season will be 22 episodes, and is quite possibly the last.
Isn't the season also being split into two? The first half now and the second half at a later date? [Or that's what I thought?]
Old 01-09-06, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
Isn't the season also being split into two? The first half now and the second half at a later date? [Or that's what I thought?]
You are correct. Apparently this is to give Chiklis some time to film Fantastic 4 2.

~Jason
Old 01-09-06, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So if they split the episodes around the 11th or 13th episode that will take us into late march or early april. What will run then until Rescue Me in June? Thief?
Old 01-09-06, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by JayDerek
You are correct. Apparently this is to give Chiklis some time to film Fantastic 4 2.

~Jason
You've got to be kidding me. A Shield hiatus for freaking Fantastic Four 2?? My only hope is that Chiklis is getting paid handsomely, if nothing else he deserves it for what he's given to The Shield.

Season 4 Finale Spoilers Ahead:
Spoiler:
I thought the S4 ending was almost surreal. It was so happy in that bar with Lem/Shane, solved the murders, Antoine's in jail, the chick that got shot (her name is somehow escaping me) came back. I was honestly expecting someone to get shot in the bar or something, it was an odd and tense departure from the norm. I guess the IA cop showing up at the end was a surprise, but it didn't seem like that big a deal. I know that the cops were murdered and Rawling got canned, but those seem like normal season progressions. And why the hell didn't Rawling warn Vic about the IA findings with Lem's heroin? I thought the scene in her house showed that they actually did get close and respect each other. I still hope Aceveda somehow comes to a horrific death, I don't know if I've hated a character more in a long, long time. Too many questions, only one more day until (hopefully) a few answers.

Last edited by bravesmg; 01-09-06 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-09-06, 01:37 PM

I am so ready for this. It seems like forever since the last ep.
Old 01-09-06, 02:00 PM
Banned

Can't wait. Every season, I get addicted to this show.
Old 01-09-06, 02:15 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
FX Tuesdays are back!!
Old 01-09-06, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Yep. Best show on TV. Can't wait!
Old 01-09-06, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

yay, its back on, and tv guide gave it jeers for (casting spoilers)
Spoiler:
Laura Harding's role, because of her "stilted" delivery.
Old 01-09-06, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

excited that its back but also sad because it may be the last season.
Old 01-09-06, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
I just noticed that Bronx/Brooklyn Cablevision has added FX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When did this happen? I havnt had FX since I switched from Dish Network at the end of the last Shield season!
Old 01-09-06, 11:09 PM
Banned

Chiklis can do whatever he wants.
The producers of the show need to kiss his ass so he doesn't pull a George Cloony and leave to make movies.
Old 01-10-06, 04:35 AM

JUST finished season 4 (reruns the past 3 days) for the first time and all I can say is wow! Best season ever. I was bummed to see Close go. I mean I doubted shed pull off the show as I hated her in Air Force 1, but damn was she good here. Ive been watching FX alot recently and damn theyre promoing S5 every comercial break. I think Close should have told Vic the IA is going after him, but I guess her character was SO straight, she just alluded to vic to watch his ass. I also wonder why she wasnt invited to the celebration at the end?

I CANT WAIT!!!

This better not be the last season
Old 01-10-06, 08:02 AM

I read the summary from my Tivo, looks like they're bringing back stuff from Season 1 and
Spoiler:
investigating the murder of Terry by using Lem to try and get Mackey

Should be interesting, glad to see the show is back.
Old 01-10-06, 08:07 AM

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Excellent it's back.

Is it in HD yet??
Old 01-10-06, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by TK-421
I read the summary from my Tivo, looks like they're bringing back stuff from Season 1 and
Spoiler:
investigating the murder of Terry by using Lem to try and get Mackey

Should be interesting, glad to see the show is back.
Spoiler:
Was Lem there when Vic shot Terry? Was thinking it was just Vic and Shane in the room at the time. Shane is the only one the Vic ever tells to keep his cool about it so figured it was just the two of them that know what really happened.
Old 01-10-06, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by wm lopez
Chiklis can do whatever he wants.
The producers of the show need to kiss his ass so he doesn't pull a George Cloony and leave to make movies.
As stated in the OP, this is probably the last season.
Old 01-10-06, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Man! I'm gonna have a lot of TV to watch in this section of the season with 24 and this on at the same time.

I'm glad this is the last season for the show. It'd be nice for it to go out on top, and I think Shawn Ryan is ready to tie everything back in from the previous 4 seasons. Be on the look out for Tavon, there, Shane!
Old 01-10-06, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Shield this week, 24 next week... this is why I love January.

As for the questions about why Monica never warned Vic about the investigation (which she initiated) and why she wasn't at the party, I believe the DVD commentary track for that ep covers it. The commentary on the 90 minute ep with Glenn Close & Chicky is also very worth listening to.
Old 01-10-06, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Borst
Spoiler:
Was Lem there when Vic shot Terry? Was thinking it was just Vic and Shane in the room at the time. Shane is the only one the Vic ever tells to keep his cool about it so figured it was just the two of them that know what really happened.
Spoiler:
While both Lem and Ronnie were there on the bust where Terry was killed, they were both in other rooms when the shooting happened, and as far as we know, don't suspect Vic in the shooting
Old 01-10-06, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
Shield this week, 24 next week... this is why I love January.

As for the questions about why Monica never warned Vic about the investigation (which she initiated) and why she wasn't at the party, I believe the DVD commentary track for that ep covers it. The commentary on the 90 minute ep with Glenn Close & Chicky is also very worth listening to.
Explanation please! I doubt I'll be able to watch the commentary any time soon since my brother stole my S4 set. I apparently missed out on a tremendous documentary at the end of S4 too, I'll have to try to steal that back asap.
Old 01-10-06, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Borst
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
No, he wasn't there. But they caught him with the stolen heroin at the end of Season 4 from Pitarrio. (speculation here) So they're going to use that against him to try and force him to get Mackey to admit doing it.

Originally Posted by bravesmg
Explanation please! I doubt I'll be able to watch the commentary any time soon since my brother stole my S4 set. I apparently missed out on a tremendous documentary at the end of S4 too, I'll have to try to steal that back asap.
I just watched this over the weekend. I believe she said that the "You ever think where you're going end up?" and the "You take a good look at where you're going" lines were the subtle hints she was trying to give Mackey, but she couldn't bring herself to warn him completely.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.