Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Shield - Season 5 (starts Tuesday Jan 10!!!)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Shield - Season 5 (starts Tuesday Jan 10!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-06, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Excellent opener. Whitaker has always slightly bugged me, but he has such a weird, creepy way about him it just might work for this role.

Loved how Shane helped himself to the iPod, and even put it on, after they just finished beating the living tar out of that dude.

I always wished Vic hadn't killed that other detective in the first season. Most of the other bad stuff he's done has been to real bad guys, stuff that people could maybe rationalize away (money train, beating criminals). But murdering that cop just because he was on to them seemed different, and it very well may be Vic's downfall...
Old 01-11-06, 08:03 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excellent show. And damn, that rookie cleaned up damn well. She is going to try and manipulate every guy there - including Dutch - and it will end up with her getting someone killed (as someone previously mentioned). Probably Julian.

Whew. What a ride.
Old 01-11-06, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very impressive episode. Can't believe we only get 10 more this year??? Bleh! I wonder how they will do the DVD set. Half now/half later or all at once.

Didn't Lem have a stomach ulcer just from the whole money train situation? This IAD mess is going to give him a heart attack.
Old 01-11-06, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeremy517
The aforementioned Strike Team card was stupid too.
Can't you just see Vic at the print shop:

"Okay, I need some cards made up. They should say "Strike Team" and have a badass little symbol in the middle. How much for the lamination? Fuck it! Were the strike team. Laminate!!!"
Old 01-11-06, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Vic is going to do well once he learns that IAD was at his kids school. It sounds like IAD has crap on Lem, as he said if they did he would be at 1PP and not some shitty apartment.

Anyone here want to see Vic get busted? I know he killed that cop, but I still want to see him stay ahead of the curve and keep the Strike Team.
Old 01-11-06, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Cusm
Vic is going to do well once he learns that IAD was at his kids school. It sounds like IAD has crap on Lem, as he said if they did he would be at 1PP and not some shitty apartment.
The thing is, Cavanaugh is trying to get at Vic, and is trying to work his way up to him. If he processed Lem for the stuff, then that would go on Lem's record, which not only would make him a whole lot less willing to cooperate, but would most likely send a huge sign to Vic that IAD is still keeping an eye on them.

Anyone here want to see Vic get busted? I know he killed that cop, but I still want to see him stay ahead of the curve and keep the Strike Team.
I do and I don't. I like the character so much that I find that I'm rooting for him to get out of the situations he gets into, but I've also thought that it'd just feel wrong if there's no backlash for all the stuff he's done.
Old 01-11-06, 09:19 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I thought this was a really good episode, they expertly divided scenes up among the ensemble cast. Everybody got something good, even Danny and Julien (who were practical non-entities last season).

I think they've gone out of their way to make Whitaker unlikeable (going to the school was a low move), but ultimately he's in the right and Vic needs to go down.
Old 01-11-06, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Geofferson
FX Tuesdays are back!!

did it EVER LEAVE?

this show delivers fantastic tuesday shows year round for I dont know how long!

get Tv Guide! lol!
Old 01-11-06, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho
I thought this was a really good episode, they expertly divided scenes up among the ensemble cast. Everybody got something good, even Danny and Julien (who were practical non-entities last season).
Nobody's mentioned Claudette's new medical issues, either. At first I thought she may be pregnant or something, then almost chalked it up to a moot point when she nearly got chucked over that balcony, then paused the Tivo to try and read the labels on her perscription bottles in the end.
Old 01-11-06, 10:30 AM

Excellent season opener. To me, it seemed like Forrest Whitaker was channelling Denzel. I'm sure he'll be good in this role regardless.
Old 01-11-06, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
Also on the list was Happy Turkey Baster.
also one was the K9 unit lol

if i'd have to guess its either Jullian or vic (didn't he have sex with her in his car last season?
Old 01-11-06, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Patman
I think Teena (new lady cop) is either gonna die, or be responsible for getting Julian killed in action.

I know I'm watching 24 too much, because the first thing that popped into my head when she stepped in the blood at the school is "She's a mole!!!". I figured she was one of (or friends with) the latino gang that was involved in the race riot and that she stepped in the blood to contaminate the crime scene, thereby getting the murderer off on a technicality.
Old 01-11-06, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 868 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
There's something off about Whitaker's acting, just didn't really hit the right notes for me in this initial episode.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. He seemed kind of aloof. I was waiting for him to break out Strike Force action figures and start playing with them.
Old 01-11-06, 01:49 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

They definitely dummied up the 'Temporary Captain' (David Marciano) this year.

Good for comedic relief, but he wasnt that much of a putz last season.
Old 01-11-06, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
The Strike Team card is no big deal. It would be the word of some dirtbag against 3 cops, plus the Strike Team wanted to send a message to the streets that nobody better fuck with them.
Not sure if everyone remembers but, the card's a throwback to the first season (maybe even into 2nd)... It was used for the exact reason SBJ mentioned, sending a message to the street that they're not to be fucked with.
Old 01-11-06, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Groucho
...but ultimately he's in the right and Vic needs to go down.

I like Serious Groucho less than normal Groucho.

Old 01-11-06, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have a feeling Vic will end up like Gilroy.

But I hope not.
Old 01-11-06, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by xVladx
Nobody's mentioned Claudette's new medical issues, either. At first I thought she may be pregnant or something, then almost chalked it up to a moot point when she nearly got chucked over that balcony, then paused the Tivo to try and read the labels on her perscription bottles in the end.

I tried as well. I could only make out her name.
Old 01-11-06, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mikewendt
Not sure if everyone remembers but, the card's a throwback to the first season (maybe even into 2nd)... It was used for the exact reason SBJ mentioned, sending a message to the street that they're not to be fucked with.
Yeah I remember them from the first season. He left it with those Biz Lats after he rousted a few and then Armadio left it stuck to a dead pig when they burned down Tido's store. It made a little more since to leave it with the Biz Lats cause they didn't commit any crime (they just was getting info) but to leave it at the scene after doing a crime just doesn't seem Vic like.

About the Claudette's pills I was trying to read the lables too

Oh yeah I think Julien is the dad of Danny's baby. The way they just dropped his whole story line about him wanting a child was always fishy to me.
Old 01-11-06, 03:15 PM

I don't have cable and have no way to watch the shield. Anyone know of any place I can download the episodes?
Old 01-11-06, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Excellent season opener.

As with most of you, I believe that IAD will finally be able to pull down Vic. I also think Aceveda will lose his position of power.
Old 01-11-06, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by vegasbaby
They definitely dummied up the 'Temporary Captain' (David Marciano) this year.

Good for comedic relief, but he wasnt that much of a putz last season.
The guy hid during a drive by!

BTW, I think Lem could get off with the whole drug angle...all he has to say is that he took it out of the girls house to keep it away from the baby, didnt want to bust her because he knew it wasnt hers, and destroyed it.
Old 01-11-06, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
How come I have a feeling that Vic's gonna be going down, and Shane kills him to end the 'heat'?
Old 01-11-06, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I want Asservada to become politically damaged goods.
Old 01-11-06, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
The guy hid during a drive by!

BTW, I think Lem could get off with the whole drug angle...all he has to say is that he took it out of the girls house to keep it away from the baby, didnt want to bust her because he knew it wasnt hers, and destroyed it.
That would be hard to argue since they have the heroin in their posession after replacing it with fake heroin in his truck, and Lem then unknowingly returned the fake heroin to the guy.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.