Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

What happened to the Buffy impressions thread?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

What happened to the Buffy impressions thread?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-10, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: What happened to the Buffy impressions thread?

I was mocking what a gigantic dork I am.
Old 08-31-10, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sessa17
I was mocking what a gigantic dork I am.
and I went and got all the old WB trailers, and edited all the 'previously on' recaps back into the episodes - which took weeks to do and I still have seasons 3, 4 and the trailers of 5 to do.

Not only that, but I downloaded season 1 off of hulu just to I could see them in widescreen and with the recaps intact.

You may be a gigantic dork, but considering I took the time to do all that (also put all 7 seasons of Buffy, converted to mp4 and put them on my PS3), what does that make me?

Just totally, utterly bonkers....

Old 08-31-10, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Martin
Not only that, but I downloaded season 1 off of hulu just to I could see them in widescreen and with the recaps intact.
You do know that the OAR for Buffy is 4:3, right? The widescreen MAR versions are basically "Full Screen" for 16:9 TVs.
Old 08-31-10, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay G.
You do know that the OAR for Buffy is 4:3, right? The widescreen MAR versions are basically "Full Screen" for 16:9 TVs.
I am fully, totally, completely versed in that whole issue.

I was referring to ANGEL season 1, which is on par with Buffy season 4 in terms of the 'goofs' you see on the sides.

Seasons 1 to 3 of Buffy are not in widescreen anywhere - not even online. At the same time, any time there was a scene from any of those seasons in a recap from a faux-widescreen season (4 to 7), they were actually in widescreen so it was technically possible for them to have modified those as well, despite never doing it.

I downloaded them out of intense curiosity as well as uniformity - since ANGEL season 2 is the same modified presentation on DVD.

All the things that aren't supposed to be there but are, are actually funny to see (for me anyway...I know it just distracts and pulls others out of the show).

It just gets ridiculous on Buffy since there were so many compared to ANGEL's first two seasons, which barring few extremely obvious examples from season 1 (that I made a screencap gallery I've linked here in the past) gets away with far easier.