Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Smallville -- "Thirst" -- 10/27/05

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville -- "Thirst" -- 10/27/05

Old 10-28-05, 06:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I actually like this episode. The vampire stuff was weak as (expected). The rest of the show was pretty good. They really have done something different to the feel of the show this season. The camera angles and set designs seem different. The whole atmosphere of the show has changed. Unfortunately, plot choices seem to have suffered. If the show gets any sillier it will become Sabrina the Teenage Witch.
Old 10-28-05, 06:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
By far, the worst hour of television this season.
Old 10-28-05, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 323 Likes on 241 Posts
Originally Posted by Chew
By far, the worst hour of television this season.
You don't watch a lot of TV, do you?
Old 10-28-05, 06:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
You don't watch a lot of TV, do you?
Old 10-28-05, 06:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
The show was bad, but a few of the in-jokes/nods to things not-Smallville were kind of funny.

What did the Professor do the security guard?
Old 10-28-05, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 255 Likes on 163 Posts
killed him, T-1000 style
Old 10-28-05, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
Thanks.
Old 10-28-05, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mmm.. schoolgirl Chloe .. and I completely forget what the preview for next week's episode was about, all I remember was Lois and that pole
Old 10-28-05, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by raKim
Leia is a bitch...
Leia has Big lips.

I thought this episode, other than the Lex/Brainiac stuff was horrible.
So Lana was a witch last season and now she is a Vampire. What's next, a Mummy?

Question, how can Lana's teeth penetrate Clark's skin?
Clark again entered Lex's mansion and they had their same little convo...Tell me the truth...blah, blah, blah...

How many times has Lex been knocked unconscious? At the rate of his concussions, he should be a vegetable soon.
About the same amount as Pa Kent.

Steve DeNight was a writer on Buffy and this is the best he could do?
Old 10-28-05, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 709 Likes on 517 Posts
Originally Posted by Todd B.
Clark's vulnerability to magic was already introduced last season in "Spell" when he got 0wn3d by witches
But that's magic, I think it would have been more interesting to see Vampire Lana throw him around and biting him without the presence of kryptonite.

Is it me, or does Lana look even younger than previous seasons?
Old 10-28-05, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 593 Likes on 341 Posts
Do we know who the professor is supposed to be? I see a number of people refer to him as Brainiac, but then someone also mentioned Eradicator. I would lean more towards Eradicator, coming from Krypton and seeming to be guiding Clark towards his destiny. Have they given any clue as to how Eradicator (or Brainiac) took over/became the professor? One would think the professor has a normal history to be teaching, so it's not like Eradicator (or Brainiac) could just arrive on Earth and get a college teaching job, no?
Old 10-28-05, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Spoiler:
He's Brainiac. Many people have read Brainiac in different magazines.
Old 10-28-05, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Somebody savvvvvvveeeeeee meee........just savvvveeee..... savveee

cant wait til next week
Old 10-28-05, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This pretty much sums things up...
From TV guide:

Smallville
Where to start? OK, I know. Princess Leia, editor-in-chief of the Daily Planet, who knew? Favorite-line honors go to the actor formerly known as William the Bloody: "Clark, there's no such thing as vampires." I know, we saw the line teased ad nauseum from the second last week's episode ended. I don't care. Loved it. What do you want? I'm easy. But TPTB did lay the Buffy shtick on a little thick didn't they? You know how Law & Order is known for being "ripped from the headlines"? Every once in a while Smallville gives us a 'sode that's ripped from other shows. You know what I'm talking about. Last year Lana got possessed by a 17th-century witch and then proceeded to turn Lois and Chloe into her buddy witches. It had Charmed written all over it, right down to the threesome's barely there Alyssa Milano get-ups. So this time we get a Tri-Psi sorority vampira named Buffy Sanders. Sanders. Not Summers. (Summers + Xander = Sanders, maybe?) Anyway, the not-Buffy Buffy and her gaggle o' Harmonies initiate Ms. Lang by turning her into Ms. Fang. This forces her BF to develop another alter ego — Clark the Vampire Slayer. And how about Chloe's voiceover: shades of One Tree Hill anyone? I'm just glad she didn't go all Henry David Thoreau on us à la Chad Michael Murray. Some quick thoughts: The big costume party — how deliciously dorky was Clark as Zorro? That Lex is cruel. Chloe lay near death because of this "rabieslike disease," yet he only flinched when he heard VampLana was sick, too. Boo. But yea! to the first couple of scenes featuring Lex and Milton. The two menaces to society have something in common: an unnatural fascination with Clark Kent. Oh, and we got a bit of Brainiac badness. Finally. — Bettina Charles
Old 10-28-05, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Lessee...hot girls...blah, blah, blah...great scenes 'tween Lex and Spike...blah, blah, blah...Leia's lips ...blah, blah, blah...stupid story...blah, blah, blah...

What more can I say that hasn't already been said in this thread? Nothing.
Old 10-28-05, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,160 Likes on 2,036 Posts
so does that qualify as "someone close to Clark must die" I guess technically, Lana died right?
Old 10-28-05, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Apparently during November Sweeps someone goes bye bye...
Spoiler:
possibly 2 ...
Old 10-28-05, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by riley_dude
Apparently during November Sweeps someone goes bye bye...
Spoiler:
possibly 2 ...
That spoiler ruled. Somewhat necessary to be spoiled, and didn't spoil too much, yet I am very interested. Weird.
Old 10-28-05, 05:08 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by riley_dude
Leia has Big lips.

I thought this episode, other than the Lex/Brainiac stuff was horrible.
So Lana was a witch last season and now she is a Vampire. What's next, a Mummy?

Question, how can Lana's teeth penetrate Clark's skin?
Clark again entered Lex's mansion and they had their same little convo...Tell me the truth...blah, blah, blah...

About the same amount as Pa Kent.

Steve DeNight was a writer on Buffy and this is the best he could do?

Lana's teeth could only penetrate Clark's skin because he was being hurt by the meteor rock cure which apparently makes his skin as weak as a regular human's. Earlier in the series a doctor gave Clark a shot when his parents tried to stop her, but the needle went in anyway (to their surprise) because he was hurt by meteor rock. I believe this was when he was shot by a meteor rock bullet.

I don't think Stephen S. DeKnight should team up with this director again. They make a pretty bad combo. Together they have made both "Spell" and "Thirst", both of which had pretty bad directing. DeKnight is forgiven though since he did write 3 of my favorite episodes from last season: "Run", "Unsafe" & "Onyx" (Evil Lex.). Oh, and he wrote one of my favorites from this season too, "Mortal". Too bad they ignored the ending and his resurrection in subsequent episodes. Kind of took the power away from the episode. I'm glad the director of "Spell", "Thirst" & "Recruit" didn't direct any of those episodes. Who knows what they would have been like if he had (although, I suppose we would have gotten more eye candy, especially from Alicia. ).
Old 10-28-05, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That spoiler ruled. Somewhat necessary to be spoiled, and didn't spoil too much, yet I am very interested. Weird.
Why thank you!

Steve wrote for Buffy and Angel but his talents sure didn't show up here. Horrible stuff. It reminded me of a bad Sci Fi channel movie.

Smallville can be really great but then they have dreadful episodes like this as fillers. Why cheapen the show with episodes like this?????
Old 10-28-05, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by raKim
Leia is a bitch...
and those fucking lips
WTF?
Old 10-28-05, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

and those fucking lips
WTF?
I half expected there to be a vile of colagen on her desk.

What really would have made the episode is if Mark Hamill had been her assistant. I can wish can't I?
Old 10-29-05, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have a question as some others have regarding the professor being mentioned as Brianiac/Eradicator. Do they explain, reveal, give clues about this in previous seasons? If so, that's all I want to know since I have them on order and I'd like to find out on my own. But if not, then how did this theory come about?

It was a cutesy episode. It certainly did not fit in with the rest of the storyline so far this season.

Also, is this the first time they've specifically shown Clark using his super hearing? (with the visual effects in case the zoom in to his ears didn't clue us in)
Old 10-29-05, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by runner001
I have a question as some others have regarding the professor being mentioned as Brianiac/Eradicator. Do they explain, reveal, give clues about this in previous seasons? If so, that's all I want to know since I have them on order and I'd like to find out on my own. But if not, then how did this theory come about?

It was a cutesy episode. It certainly did not fit in with the rest of the storyline so far this season.

Also, is this the first time they've specifically shown Clark using his super hearing? (with the visual effects in case the zoom in to his ears didn't clue us in)
Straight from the horse's mouth:
http://www.kryptonsite.com/brainiac.htm

And if I recall right, Clark used his super hearing in season two. He uses it from time to time.
Old 10-29-05, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by calhoun07
Straight from the horse's mouth:
http://www.kryptonsite.com/brainiac.htm

And if I recall right, Clark used his super hearing in season two. He uses it from time to time.
Spoiler:
Tom Woppat

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.