Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville -- "Thirst" -- 10/27/05

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-05, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 729 Likes on 532 Posts
Originally Posted by Slayer2005
Lana's teeth could only penetrate Clark's skin because he was being hurt by the meteor rock cure which apparently makes his skin as weak as a regular human's.
In the comics, Superman is susceptable to the supernatural. Although, yes the kryptonite was there, Lana should have been able to bite thru his skin anyway. However, I would have liked to have seen that as it seems that the vampirism was, to some degree, man-made.
Old 10-29-05, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow that episode was horrible

few cool parrts tho..
like when chloe was talkin to clark on the phone and says he needs to see this and he's there already

and the part about him liking the cape haha
Old 10-29-05, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Was actually a good episode...it was fun...a nice Halloween episode if you will. Still better than a lot of the trash out there, and anything else IMHO in that time slot.

Liked it all, progressing the Lex is the badguy storyline in every episode....
Old 10-30-05, 12:54 AM

Wasn't a fan of this ep, but I did like the line about liking the cape, but not the mask, but I thought the line of the night had to be,
"Clark, there's no such thing as vampires."

Spoiler:
As far as Brainiac not being able to just show up and get a job teaching. The guy is able to access classified Lexcorp information and come and get to his ship being held by Lex. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to assume he was also able to create a history for himself, enough of one for a smaller school to want to hire him just based on his record.
Old 10-30-05, 11:06 AM

by far the worst episode ever
Old 10-30-05, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
So, is Lana in trouble for vaporizing Buffy Sanders?

I didn't mind the Charm-like campiness. What is for certain is that Lex still has the hots for Lana (by his reaction to being told that Lana was infected, but he didn't care about Chloe being infected).
Old 10-30-05, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

As others have said, this episode wasn't one of the better ones, but I did like that they storytelling format was somewhat different, with a focus more on Chloe. Not so much that it was Choloe, per se, but just that it was different from the usual chain of events. I liked the Marsters/Rosenbaum stuff as well, it should be interesting to see how it all plays out.
Old 10-31-05, 04:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Meh... filler episode, it had some decent parts in it though. Clark's line about the cape and mask was good, and the Lex / Professor interaction was good too. They were definitely trying to coincide this episode's airing with Halloween...
Old 10-31-05, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts
I can deal with it because it was clearly a Halloween episode, but, please, no more! I half expect the crew to meet Santa Claus this December, only to find out that a LuthorCorp experiment gave a local toymaker the ability to fit down chimneys and move through the town at super speed to deliver toys to all good little boys and girls. Naught or Nice metor rock detection powers activated!

The girls were nice to look at, and the series seems to be continuing along that lines for 3 weeks in a row now. I hope they don't end up relying on it as a crutch though.
Old 10-31-05, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smallville is doing great in the ratings... it almost beat Alias for the Aquaman episode
Old 10-31-05, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ytrez
I can deal with it because it was clearly a Halloween episode, but, please, no more! I half expect the crew to meet Santa Claus this December, only to find out that a LuthorCorp experiment gave a local toymaker the ability to fit down chimneys and move through the town at super speed to deliver toys to all good little boys and girls. Naught or Nice metor rock detection powers activated!
I hear they are filming an Easter episode right now !!! Kryptonite infected chickens lay special eggs that transforms Lex Luthor into Lepus Luthor. He can turn people into Marshmallow Peeps by putting them in a large wicker basket filled with meteor rocks. He uses his new found powers to break into the neighboring homes, stealing the contents of their fridge and hiding the items around their yard.
Old 10-31-05, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
So, is Lana in trouble for vaporizing Buffy Sanders?
Who can remember it? IIRC, Clark was unconscious, and all the vampire girls probably lost their memory thanks to the "cure."

Ah, the wonders of amnesia in tv-land.
Old 10-31-05, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They conveniently hit the reset button...again, with Lana's memory loss.

So is there going to be a Very Special Smallville episode when Clark does Lana again with his super abilities?
Old 11-01-05, 12:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Memories...

Originally Posted by riley_dude
They conveniently hit the reset button...again, with Lana's memory loss.

So is there going to be a Very Special Smallville episode when Clark does Lana again with his super abilities?
How bout a very special episode when Lana remembers Everything and explodes...

The memory-loss is a bit much... Perhaps they rewrite the records to show Buffy died in the fall. Cave of bats, batcave? hehe

Ciao,
Smithsguy
Old 11-01-05, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

In the comics, Lana was the Insect Queen in her teenage years on ocasion.
Old 11-01-05, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

In the comics, Lana was the Insect Queen in her teenage years on ocasion.
I'm a bit upset about how the people behind the show are trying to keep the Smallville story separate from the greater Superman universe. For instance
Spoiler:
Clark and Lois are not going to be together.
After reading that, the show took a step backwards to me. My impression was the show is what was supposed to happen to lead to the actual Superman. If they are going to use some aspects of the other world
Spoiler:
bringing in brainiac for isntance
they should have to confide by all the rules.
Old 11-01-05, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
I was discussing this earlier with my girlfriend. She was curious about Brainiac, Jor-El, etc...and how they fit into the comic's continuitity. I told her don't even try to figure it out. Because as much as the show might take from the comics, the comics might take from the show/movie [f'rinstance the X-Men wearing stylish black leather , Spider-Man's "organic" webshooters, etc].
Old 11-01-05, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Daniel-A
My impression was the show is what was supposed to happen to lead to the actual Superman. If they are going to use some aspects of the other world
Spoiler:
bringing in brainiac for isntance
they should have to confide by all the rules.
Your impression is indeed wrong. This show is a look at the Superman mythos for a Superman that came to earth in around 1990 as a small child. There are things that taken from the earlier incarnations of Superman lore, but there is no one definitive Superman story, it's a myth that continues to evolve, to be retold and updated to a modern day retelling from its basic tenets.

In comic book terms, it's like a reboot, with less baggage from the rest of the continuity of stories and storylines for the past 60+ years. If this was a Marvel character, "Smallville" would be considered part of their "Ultimate" line of comics in which Marvel did indeed reboot many of their super-heroes to tell tales of them in the present day, where the writers did not have to cowtow to all those decades of "continuity" and history, and were free to create a new future for the principal characters for each comic title.
Old 11-02-05, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My Smallville watching experiment is over only 4 episodes in. Or rather was over about 3 minutes into it when there were 3 vampire girls biting a pizza delivery guy SO much that the hot tub they were in was deep red.

I punched out and am not looking back. THIS is the story of Clark Kent before he was Superman? Meh. I understand people love it, I'm not trying to start fights. It doesn't agree with me.

cfg
Old 11-02-05, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Your impression is indeed wrong. This show is a look at the Superman mythos for a Superman that came to earth in around 1990 as a small child. There are things that taken from the earlier incarnations of Superman lore, but there is no one definitive Superman story, it's a myth that continues to evolve, to be retold and updated to a modern day retelling from its basic tenets.

In comic book terms, it's like a reboot, with less baggage from the rest of the continuity of stories and storylines for the past 60+ years. If this was a Marvel character, "Smallville" would be considered part of their "Ultimate" line of comics in which Marvel did indeed reboot many of their super-heroes to tell tales of them in the present day, where the writers did not have to cowtow to all those decades of "continuity" and history, and were free to create a new future for the principal characters for each comic title.
Ah. Well, hmm. I probably wouldn't have minded this had I known from the begining. I can't blame them for this if it were indeed the intended plan form the begining. But after 4 season of thinking it was one way then just finding out this season that it is another I feel misled. It is understandable, though.
Old 11-02-05, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by cornflakeguy
My Smallville watching experiment is over only 4 episodes in. Or rather was over about 3 minutes into it when there were 3 vampire girls biting a pizza delivery guy SO much that the hot tub they were in was deep red.

I punched out and am not looking back. THIS is the story of Clark Kent before he was Superman? Meh. I understand people love it, I'm not trying to start fights. It doesn't agree with me.

cfg
You are judging all of Smallville on this episode? Your loss!
Old 11-02-05, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by riley_dude
You are judging all of Smallville on this episode? Your loss!
And ours. You should find the season premiers and finales. Those are quite often the best episodes. Aside from the episodes with Alicia
Old 11-02-05, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
Wow. And I thought Spell was bad. I'm usually the person who finds the redeeming qualities in an ep, but man did I hate this one. There was definitely some good stuff going on, with Lex and the Professor especially. And the stuff with Clark and his costume was cute. But my God, how many fucking times can we have someone find out Clark's secret, only to lose their memory at the end of the episode?! LAME!!! It was lame the last ten times they did it, and it's still lame. Especially when it's Lana. The whole vampire storyline just did nothing for me. It's the second time I've really been close to fast-forwarding through a Smallville episode. Just not good. But at least we got a few nuggets of gold in there. Hope next week's is better.
Old 11-02-05, 03:05 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by cornflakeguy

cfg
This show should be watched from the very beginning. That way you get to get to see how everything started, how Clark Kent's abilities developed and how Lex went from good friend of Clark's to the person he is in season 5. Lex Luthor alone made the show worth watching. Clark and Lex were near best friends for awhile, so that was fun since you knew it had to end sometime (just didn't know how or why).

You should check out the pilot episode. That's what hooked a lot of people in the first place. Following the characters for years from the very beginning tends to make you stick with it threw thick and thin. Jumping in during season 5 won't. . I can't imagine not starting from the beginning. It wouldn't be the same.
Old 11-02-05, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

what i am doing is this.... i didnt watch the previous seasons so my cousin let me borrow season 1 .... took me a week and a half.... now i am on season 2, 3 episodes in and i am so far loving this...

I have my cousin dvring the episodes that i am missing and then eventually i can catch up...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.