Alias "Prophet Five" 09-29-05

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Alias "Prophet Five" 09-29-05

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-05, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I enjoyed it. I thought it was nice that they finally had the balls to actually kill someone off. When Dixson got shot last season, I thought for sure he was dead, but no..he was just fine.

If Vaughn shows up alive, then the show has truly gone off the deep end (I know many of you already think it has).
Old 09-30-05, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The fact that they didn't have an open casket funeral and Sydney didn't shed a tear for the father of her child leads me to believe that his death was faked. It would be lame for Sydney to have to discover all there is to know about who "Michael" really was. I'm not sure why they would need to fake his death, but it just seems more like Alias to do that than off him in such a cheap manner.

I agree with what another poster said. They should've taken a hiatus for Jennifer's baby. I could tell in the opening scenes how her face already looked different and that they kept hiding her belly from the camera.
Old 09-30-05, 08:52 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
I, for one, hope Vaughn is dead. Not for my dislike of the guy, but because having him live would be a huge stretch and this show already has enough implausibilities.
Old 09-30-05, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
Yeah but they probably still have that Rambaldi juice that kept Evil-Francie alive. As for pretending Vaughn is dead, it's probably some over-elaborate scheme to draw out his "killers". Anyone care to bet that that manuscript is also related to Rambaldi? I just doubt that last season's finale is really what all this Rambaldi obsession was really about.
Old 09-30-05, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

OK, if anyone else wonders whether Vaughn is really dead or not, I'm going to hit you with a stick.

das
Old 09-30-05, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I agree this wasn't 'awesome', but it was good enough to keep me watching. I've been here since the beginning, and to the end I shall stay.

Besides, there's nothing else on opposite of it to keep me away. I'm a 2 Tivo household, so I recorded Everybody Hates Chris.

CFG
Old 09-30-05, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
I KNOW WHO KILLED VAUGHN!!!

Ben Afflek

BTW, of all the ways they could have gone with the whole "Im not really Michael Vaughn" story THIS WAS THE WEAKEST!

OK, Im really Michael Vaughn, but I just found out recently that I was not!

LAME
Old 09-30-05, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I don't think Vaughn is dead. I think he will return once Sydney has her baby. And that will probably be the season finale.
Old 09-30-05, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tygan
I thought it was nice that they finally had the balls to actually kill someone off.

... just wait ...
Old 09-30-05, 10:37 AM

Did this episode actually happen??? After the accident, Sydney blacks out. She knows his name is not Vaugn and bang! Could this just be the dream she is having in hte car and in 6 months wake up sans baby with Vaugn still alive? Remeber this was the show that had her vanish for 2 years. Why not live out 6 months that do not actually happen. This way they would not have to implausibly bring back Vaugn as he was never shot. It would explain why Sydney shed no tears and also why after the first barrage of bullets, no new bullet holes appeared on Vaugn's chest even though he was shot like 30 more times.
Old 09-30-05, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Therecanbonly1
Why not live out 6 months that do not actually happen.
If they didn't already do it, I'd say it is possible.
Old 09-30-05, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Did this episode actually happen??? After the accident, Sydney blacks out. She knows his name is not Vaugn and bang! Could this just be the dream she is having in hte car and in 6 months wake up sans baby with Vaugn still alive? Remeber this was the show that had her vanish for 2 years. Why not live out 6 months that do not actually happen. This way they would not have to implausibly bring back Vaugn as he was never shot. It would explain why Sydney shed no tears and also why after the first barrage of bullets, no new bullet holes appeared on Vaugn's chest even though he was shot like 30 more times.
It's possible. I'm thinking the scene should be the cliffhanger: Sydney wakes up and walks into the bathroom to find Vaughn in the shower.

It might have a slight ring of "I've seen this somewhere before" though.

Old 09-30-05, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Even though I liked last nights epsiode if Vaughn is really dead. They really didnt do a good job, it wasnt sad enough, he was a main character and no one was crying even sidney. I would be thinking marshell would be crying. But I Thought it finally felt like a "Alias" episode compared to most of last season.
Old 09-30-05, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Daniel-A
If they didn't already do it, I'd say it is possible.

When did Alias decide things didn't happen? They skipped time periods; but I don't recall any "Dallas Moments". I agree, it would be rather a cheap way out of the story; but as much as I've enjoyed this show over the years, it is not beyond the writers to sneak out this way. I think having her wake up with Vaugn sitting next to her bed would be the Alias way to have things work out.

Although, maybe it's all been a dream and she can wake up next to her Fiance from ep. 1.
Old 09-30-05, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Ranger
Please. This is Alias.

He could have his head cut off, been shot 100 times with sniper bullets, been infected with the world's most deadliest viruses, or literally chopped up in pieces scattered all over the world and yet the writers still would have him come back in one piece.
Well the rumors could be true about the actor leaving or they could be playing off those rumors.
Old 09-30-05, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
When did Alias decide things didn't happen? They skipped time periods; but I don't recall any "Dallas Moments".

Although, maybe it's all been a dream and she can wake up next to her Fiance from ep. 1.
When Vaugns wife hinted at a big conspiracy as she was dying, Syd goes to an old safe deposit box and finds documents on Project Christmas, and the resumption of the cliffhanger COMPLETLY CHANGES WAHT WAS HAPPENING
Old 09-30-05, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
When Vaugns wife hinted at a big conspiracy as she was dying, Syd goes to an old safe deposit box and finds documents on Project Christmas, and the resumption of the cliffhanger COMPLETLY CHANGES WAHT WAS HAPPENING
Yeah, that really pissed me off too, actually. I think I was done with this show last season, and still I watched it. At this point, I'll skip it and if I ever get curious in a few years I can always Netflix the DVDs of this season.
Old 09-30-05, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
Has there ever been an official reason as to why they dropped that storyline? It just made no sense when season four began with a totally different explanation for the files.
Old 09-30-05, 10:13 PM
Cool New Member

This is getting old. Every damn season, they seem to reboot the whole series concept and situation. I've been watching since season 1 and watching this premiere, I could barely remember what happened to everybody. Is Sydney's sister still a crazy Rimbaldi zombie and why is Arvin back in a jail cell every other episode?
Old 09-30-05, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

they are adding "Fred" from Angel to the show

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|97806|1|,00.html

This could be good.
Old 09-30-05, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

First Fred gets on Supernatural, now she gets on Alias. Excellent. And, maingon I think that's the kind of thing that should be spoilered.
Old 09-30-05, 11:30 PM

Yes, they changed the circumstanses to what was happening; but they never went back and said, OK, this didn't happen. In this instance, they just ignored what happened. Ignoring what happens is a cheat in the storyline. Taking a story and revealing that none of it ever happened is a plot device. The difference is in the revelation. YES, they changed what was happening in this instance; but didn't have Sydney suddnely going "Oh, what a good nap. Dad, what are you doing here. I dreamnt that I was missing for 2 years. It was all a dream..."
Old 10-01-05, 04:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,101 Likes on 797 Posts
And so here are some obligatory pics of the new cast addition

Old 10-01-05, 06:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Damn it - you guys obviously watch the season opener - what happened after Syd told Renee that she was asking about Vaughn? Anyone?

Bueller?
Old 10-01-05, 06:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
That was about it, I think Syd said something like, "obviously, you don't know me." in describing how determined she was to get to the bottom of the mystery that is now Vaughn.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.