Reload this Page >

The West Wing *Season Premiere* - "The Ticket" - 9/25

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The West Wing *Season Premiere* - "The Ticket" - 9/25

Old 09-27-05, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts
Originally Posted by wendersfan
If the election isn't over by the end of this year I will stop watching the show.
If Vinick doesn't win the election I will stop watching the show.

Well unless NBC wants to move it to a different night next year (since SN Football is coming), they may be making the decision for you.
Old 09-27-05, 03:41 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by kevin75
Spoiler:
that toby is the leak because there have been reports that richard schiff won't be in all the episodes this year (which sucks )
That's because
Spoiler:
Ari Gold landed him a role as an action star.
Old 09-27-05, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wendersfan
If Vinick doesn't win the election I will stop watching the show.

Considering that no cast members work with Vinick I'd give good odds you'll stop watching this show.
Originally Posted by JasonF
That's because
Spoiler:
Ari Gold landed him a role as an action star.
Old 09-27-05, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by sherm42
You people can't figure out who the leak is? It is obvious. It is not CJ or Toby, it is:

Spoiler:
the Secretary of Defense. He has had it in for CJ since she took the job. They have been telegraphing his hatred of her since she took the job all season. He was in the meeting where she asked him about it in the situaiton room and he was in the final briefing with the president. It would be easy to set CJ up and get her fired.

All he has to do is screw up some of the facts a little to make it look like the person knew about the shuttle without knowind too much.

As an added bonus for him, by revealing the existence of the shuttle, he starts an arms race to space that hugely increases the budget of the DOD.

It's obvious.
that's possible. but if it wasnt a cast member why would anyone care? they wouldnt make such a big deal about it, spanning several episodes starting last season, if it was going to be someone who isn't on the show very much.
Old 09-27-05, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by uhftv
that's possible. but if it wasnt a cast member why would anyone care? they wouldnt make such a big deal about it, spanning several episodes starting last season, if it was going to be someone who isn't on the show very much.
Sure they would if it would cause everyone to suspect CJ. The president was pissed as hell and it will be interesting to see how he reacts to her being a suspect. Not to mention everyone else. Seeing CJ suffer will be the heart of the storyline. Maybe Danny comes to her rescue by finding out the real source and revealing it.

I just don't see them making a permanant cast member a leak of classified information that would likely lead to 10 years in prison.
Old 09-28-05, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 228 Likes on 133 Posts
I only watched it once, but I recall thinking Toby was teaching at Columbia. Also, don't think anyone mentioned it, but Bartlett called Will "Congressman" when he addressed him.

And yes, anything that brings more Mallory works for me. I'm a serious Allison Smith groupie.
Old 09-28-05, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really liked this episode though I would have liked to have seen Sam for the opening segment. I found it a bit surprising Will would be there. He only worked for Bartlett for a short time and didn't really leave on good terms.
Old 09-29-05, 03:32 AM

my gf is a resident at usc, i guess about a month ago they were taping the opening flash back on campus. she was there with a college crowd and sheen fielding questions and joking around. he was telling everyone he didnt know who the next president was since they were still in contract negotiations with the actors. but i'm sure he didnt want to give it away. she said she only saw the regular cast there, no smits or alda and he was a nice guy and stuck around a lot longer than one would expect.
Old 09-29-05, 03:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by NORML54601
I really liked this episode though I would have liked to have seen Sam for the opening segment. I found it a bit surprising Will would be there. He only worked for Bartlett for a short time and didn't really leave on good terms.
The only person who had a problem with Will leaving was Toby. The President and Leo were appeasing the noob VP, and everyone else (to my recollection) was indifferent.
Old 09-29-05, 04:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,072 Likes on 772 Posts
Plus Josh Malina is still a cast member on the show and Rob Lowe isn't.