Search this Thread

Old 09-25-05, 12:33 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts
The West Wing *Season Premiere* - "The Ticket" - 9/25

"The Ticket"
Spoiler:
Josh is surprised when political commentators are critical of Leo as a vice presidential candidate.

Figured I'd start this in case anyone else, like me until I looked at tonights listings, forgot that this started tonight

Last edited by MrX; 09-25-05 at 01:03 PM.
Old 09-25-05, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I missed the very very beginning, like first 2 minutes. how far in the future was that?
Old 09-25-05, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
three years. a quick time to get the presidential library up and done but oh well. the coolness factor of the opening was awesome!!
Old 09-25-05, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

wow. if the premiere is any indication, i am much more interested in this than i was last year. some really good stuff.

-the opening tease. fantastic. this show has always used the flashback greatly so if this is indeed the last season, it will be nice if they use the flash forward to slowly reveal what happens to everyone. so far we see that
Spoiler:
cj and danny
end up together

-great to see leo again. he was vastly underused last year and has always been one of my favorite characters.

-a great josh/dona moment. i have faith that they will end up together by show's end in one way or another. i think.

-more mallory? hell yeah!
Old 09-25-05, 09:39 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

I liked it

So I take it
Spoiler:
Toby
was the leak
Old 09-25-05, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

if the leak was either of the main characters left in the white house, they didn't go to prison for long as they are all in the teaser looking well.
Old 09-25-05, 10:00 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by kevin75
if the leak was either of the main characters left in the white house, they didn't go to prison for long as they are all in the teaser looking well.
Judging by the previews

Spoiler:
It seems to me like they're going to take a "ripped from the headlines" approach and copy what's going on with the Rove/CIA leak story. Vinnick calls for whoever did it to be charged. And Toby's general reactions to everything involving C.J. seemed to be guilt
Old 09-25-05, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Is the baby photogenic?"

das
Old 09-26-05, 12:02 AM

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
CJ and Danny are together in the future scene so she's not the leak (3 years dating and whatever.. not enough time for trial, prison and then to get out). Bartlet made some comment to Toby about getting there like he was on the run or out of country. So he might be the leak.
Old 09-26-05, 12:26 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
I forgot this was on, missed the 1st 10mins.. should I get it from a 'friend' or did much happne?
Old 09-26-05, 12:40 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

The opening was 3 years in the future at the dedication of the Bartlett Presidential Library. C.J, Danny, Charlie, Toby, Will, & Kate are there. Josh comes up and says the President is here. Cut to the limo pulling up, the door opening, and then the opening credits.

Nothing really after that.
Old 09-26-05, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ok I was confused as the timeline for this. I saw the 3 years later bit at the begining, but I'm assuming there was then something refering back to a bit of time closer to the finale of last season? I was utterly confused thinking it was all just 3 years forward.

In the begining do we find out that the new president is Santos? I know everyone was thinking it was going to happen, but just writing it in, is such a bad case of telling not showing.
Originally Posted by kevin75
-a great josh/dona moment. i have faith that they will end up together by show's end in one way or another. i think.
I'd hope they don't from the very begining it was understood that they would never actually make it together. I understand it isn't Sorkin's show anymore, but Wells would be a bit of a jerk if he went against Sorkin thusly.
-more mallory? hell yeah!
Oh yeah Mallory brings the hot.

I was a bit sad not to see Sam. Maybe he is the one ending up with Mallory? If this is the last season (I haven't heard anything until this thread), Sam should definitely make his way back somehow. West Wing without Sam has never been the same.

I was also disappointed not seeing Jeb's daughters at the ceremony, The 1st lady I can live without, but I'd think at least Zoey would be there, possibly accompanying Charlie after the marriage that was broached upon last season.

Last edited by Daniel-A; 09-26-05 at 01:41 AM.
Old 09-26-05, 01:58 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Daniel-A
Ok I was confused as the timeline for this. I saw the 3 years later bit at the begining, but I'm assuming there was then something refering back to a bit of time closer to the finale of last season? I was utterly confused thinking it was all just 3 years forward.

I was also disappointed not seeing Jeb's daughters at the ceremony, The 1st lady I can live without, but I'd think at least Zoey would be there, possibly accompanying Charlie after the marriage that was broached upon last season.
There was something that said it was back in the present

The shadowy figure geting out of the limo looked like Santos, but I wouldn't be surprised if having Josh say the Presidnet is here is a swerve and it's Vinnick.

one other person missing from the ceremony unless I missed them

Spoiler:
Leo, wonder if that's a bit of foreshadowing
Old 09-26-05, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ok thanks for clearing that up. I remember seeing Josh say the president is there, then credits, commercials, then Santos. I'm guessing the present day line came after the commercials but before Santos shows up? Missing that bit had me confused for quite a bit of the episode.
Old 09-26-05, 06:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Alan Alda is severly underused in this show. I know none of the main characters actually work for him, but it would be sure nice to have something more than just "TV appearances" here and there for him.
Old 09-26-05, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
hmm. I took the toby comments in the very beginning to indicate he was an ambassador or something. I think he said he was in columbia
Old 09-26-05, 07:27 AM

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts
Originally Posted by mikehunt
hmm. I took the toby comments in the very beginning to indicate he was an ambassador or something. I think he said he was in columbia
I thought he said he was at Columbia, as in the university.
Old 09-26-05, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by wendersfan
I thought he said he was at Columbia, as in the university.
That's the impression I got. He became a professor/instructor at Columbia after the Barlett admin ended.
Old 09-26-05, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I think he's a drug lord in Colombia.

das
Old 09-26-05, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Pretty good episode. Frankly though, the leak storyline does nothing for me although it was good to see Oliver Platt back as the WH Counsel.

9 pts down is a good thing? That's a pretty big hole.

John Spencer pulled off the "I'm very uncomfortable campaigning" thing very well.
Old 09-26-05, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
You people can't figure out who the leak is? It is obvious. It is not CJ or Toby, it is:

Spoiler:
the Secretary of Defense. He has had it in for CJ since she took the job. They have been telegraphing his hatred of her since she took the job all season. He was in the meeting where she asked him about it in the situaiton room and he was in the final briefing with the president. It would be easy to set CJ up and get her fired.

All he has to do is screw up some of the facts a little to make it look like the person knew about the shuttle without knowind too much.

As an added bonus for him, by revealing the existence of the shuttle, he starts an arms race to space that hugely increases the budget of the DOD.

It's obvious.
Old 09-26-05, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

well that's an interesting theory although some have said...

Spoiler:
that toby is the leak because there have been reports that richard schiff won't be in all the episodes this year (which sucks )

as for the beginning, i think that they are going to revisit that whole '3 years later' scenario to help wrap up things, so it may take us awhile to see everyone in that period.
Old 09-27-05, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Interesting post script. The day after this episode aired, I received an eMail from the NBC Consumer Panel (I am an NBC focus panel member) that asked some very specific questions about my opinion of the West Wing episode that aired.

What was most interesting was the following question:

"Are you interested in the storyline of the campaign continuing throughout the season, or would you like to see who the President is in the next few weeks?"

Obviously, the brass at NBC are considering several options. There were no questions about who I would like the president to be, but they did ask about the performances of Smits and Alda.
Old 09-27-05, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My answer to that would be to go with the original plan and have the election in November with the new president taking office in January. So we'll have the election, the transition, and the first 100 days this season. I'm much less interested in keeping the campaigns going through nearly another full-season.
Old 09-27-05, 02:12 PM

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts
If the election isn't over by the end of this year I will stop watching the show.
If Vinick doesn't win the election I will stop watching the show.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.