Nip/Tuck - "Kiki" - 9/27

Old 09-27-05, 03:50 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nip/Tuck - "Kiki" - 9/27

"Kiki"
Spoiler:
Christian and Liz perform cosmetic surgery on an ape; Matt questions his sexuality after learning Ava is a transgender woman; Sean and Quentin perform surgery on a gang member against Christian's wishes.
Old 09-27-05, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

does this air at 9pm or 10pm? I missed it last week, when do they air repeats?

*off to FX's website*

birrman54
Old 09-27-05, 03:58 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

10EST and they repeat it right after it airs
Old 09-27-05, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
10 pm ET. I believe there is a repeat right afterwards.
Old 09-27-05, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is this show going to begin where they left off last week?

Old 09-27-05, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by B.A.
Is this show going to begin where they left off last week?

Hopefully!!
Old 09-27-05, 04:28 PM

I love how the show ended last week, Im back baby. mhahahahahah
Old 09-27-05, 04:41 PM

I thought last week was okay, but kind of a let for a premiere of a show as good as nip tuck. Im looking forward to tonight, but I think that ape plotline sounds kind of dumb. Im sure it raises some interesting issues as most of their episodes do, but I think it is kind of one of the cases where they just get a little too silly and unrealistic. I dont want to judge too much before I see it because it rarely lets me down. Ill definitely be watching.
Old 09-27-05, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Spoiler:
Wasn't a big deal made of them not being qualified to perform surgery on animals back when they passed on working on a dog and Bobolit did so? Didn't Bobolit *lose his license* for that?

They'd better have a darn good explanation...
Old 09-27-05, 04:59 PM

Yeah, that was a big issue, so they should have a good explanation. Sean didnt want to do it because he thought that would ruin their reputation as surgeons, and Christian thought they really needed the extra money, but seemed to honestly not really want to go through with it either. Bobolit operated on the dog, and it died so the owner sued him and the horrible press ruined his business.

Sorry I didnt black this out, but I dont consider it a spoiler considering it is something that happened in the first season of the show.
Old 09-27-05, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

As I understand it, something that happened in past episodes isn't a spoiler. I would consider actually taking spoiler info and relating it back to an old episode a spoiler, though. That's why I tagged mine, but I probably wouldn't have tagged what you just said myself.
Old 09-27-05, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Matt looks at home in that club.

(Strawberry Letter 23 was used in SFU, btw - better IMO. This show as well as SFU have always chosen excellent music).
Old 09-27-05, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Have I not been paying attention in the past, or are more shows this year dealing with action-packed finales by totally neglecting one story the first week only to devote almost their full attention to that story in the second week?

ETA: It was pointed out to me elsewhere that while the surgeons wore lighter colored scrubs last season, they are wearing dark ones this season. I think it's obvious that is supposed to be symbolic. The question in my mind is whether there is some sort of symbolism in the specific color choices. Why were they deep blue in the first episode, and why were they brown this episode? Anybody have thoughts about that?

Last edited by Jimmy James; 09-27-05 at 11:10 PM.
Old 09-27-05, 11:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are there any shows that don't have music montages at the end of every episode these days?
Old 09-27-05, 11:24 PM

I think there is some truth to that thing about their scrubs. They are really pushing the envelope.
Old 09-28-05, 12:03 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Liked Christian's story but I can't stand Matt and he really dragged this episode down. Here's hoping Matt dies soon

No threesomes this week
Old 09-28-05, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by MrX
Liked Christian's story but I can't stand Matt and he really dragged this episode down. Here's hoping Matt dies soon

No threesomes this week
He doesn't have to die to have much less (or even zero) screen time. I do think it is interesting that people are so sensitive to his screen time, though. I believe somebody complained last week that the *other* kid got more screen time than he did.

I think we're stuck with Matt for better or worse. He is just too tied into the Sean/Julia/Christian trio to be cut loose.
Old 09-28-05, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by conscience
Matt looks at home in that club.

(Strawberry Letter 23 was used in SFU, btw - better IMO. This show as well as SFU have always chosen excellent music).

Is that the name of the song that was playing in the tranny club? I was racking my brain trying to figure that out. Great song. Great use of it too behind the very well done dream sequence with Famke.

As for the episode, wow. This show never ceases to amaze me in the lines that it will cross. A lot of people hate the Matt character; sure he (she ) is easy to hate, but it all seems a natural progression of a obviously confused individual.

I can cross the following off the list of things I thought I'd never see: Vanessa Redgrave taking a bong hit.

Last edited by Red Dog; 09-28-05 at 12:22 AM.
Old 09-28-05, 04:41 AM
Banned by request

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I can cross the following off the list of things I thought I'd never see: Vanessa Redgrave taking a bong hit.
That was great. "Oh, what the hell, brains are overrated anyway." There was a shot in that scene where Matt was in focus, and Vanessa was on the right side of the screen out of focus, and it looked just like Julia. I know in real life she's Vanessa Redgrave's daughter, and I could see the resemblance, but their profiles are exactly alike.

I liked this episode quite a bit. I agree that it had too much Matt, but what can you do?

I especially liked the Christian/Liz interplay. "Let me point out that YOU just compared yourself to a gorilla, not me." "She might be attacked and killed, and you can't relate to that?" *Christian stops in his tracks*

Meanwhile, just from the preview for next week, I think the cop is going to quickly become annoying. I'll wait until next week's episode airs, but if it goes the way I think it will, the writers will have stretched a few characters too far just to work in the cop.
Old 09-28-05, 01:04 PM

DAMN!!! Matt earned his fucking acting chops in that scene with the tranny... Intense shit...
Old 09-28-05, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
I believe somebody complained last week that the *other* kid got more screen time than he did.
That was me. I wasn't exactly shocked that Matt wasn't there, but he did play an integral part in the last episodes of season 2. And then they go and give the daughter a paycheck for a few lines...?
Old 09-28-05, 01:15 PM

Those butt-fat scenes are just nasty. I have no problem with the bloody opperations, but the sight of a big, dented ass and that sucking sound... It just gets to me...

The gorilla died too... Damn, that's 2 dead patiants in two weeks...

Mother/Daughter bong hits... Awesome!
Old 09-28-05, 03:11 PM

Who the hell says "bogart" anymore.

Man I was rooting for the gang banger to get away and for Matt to get beat down.

Sad that there was no Kimber and detective action in this one.
Old 09-28-05, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by boogieman03
Man I was rooting for the gang banger to get away and for Matt to get beat down.
I was hoping for the same thing, although I would never wish somebody getting peed on like that Hopefully those trannies are clean. I felt bad for the gang banger since he just wanted to change his life around, although at first I thought he was just doing the same thing the priest did as to not be recognized as part of a crime or something.
Old 09-28-05, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Jonny2k1
I was hoping for the same thing, although I would never wish somebody getting peed on like that

I initially thought it might be bukkake, but I figured that Ryan Murphy and F/X aren't quite ready to cross that line yet.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.