Lost -- "Exodus, Part One" -- 05.18.2005

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-05, 12:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm with Cliffy
Old 05-19-05, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

good ep this time.. dropping more parts of the over all story line..

I still don't think the season ending eps are going to be much more then yet another slow twist.. I would not be shocked if it end with the haching opening on it's own with no one around and the camera pulls back and fades away.. Maybe pull a pulp fiction/repo man with the hatch opens and we see shocked faces but nothing else..

One of the few shows that I think needs the week to week time gap to really hook one into the show due to all the mini cliff hangers. Not sure the same effect is there if you can just bang past the eps on DVD..
Old 05-19-05, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
and the best scene of the whole show, Jin and Sun. Powerful. Forget the cliched dog follwing it's owner, this scene was the best in many episodes.
Yep, the Jin/Sun moment got me the most.
Old 05-19-05, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 632 Likes on 365 Posts
Originally Posted by cliffzig
I'm gonna go ahead and stand up for the writers of the show. Thank you for all the character development. While some people complain about "Drawn-out" and filler and crap this and boo-hoo that, you have managed to create a group of survivors that I genuinely truly CARE about. It's the moments that make this show for me. Case in point, tonight we had the Jin/Sun, the Sawyer/Jack, the Shannon/Walt. I am not so concerned about learning the answers to all the mysteries RIGHT NOW dammit. Instead I am content to ride along, and what an enjoyable ride it's been.

Thank you.
Very well put, and worth being repeated on a new page! Honest to God, if I get killed before I see the finale next week, I'm gonna be pissed!!
Old 05-19-05, 02:26 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 276 Likes on 210 Posts
I thought this was the best ep in a few weeks. We got some ?'s answered(The status of Jack's marriage, why the miniature plane was in the safety deposit box)

My favorite part was the Jack/Sawyer scene.
Old 05-19-05, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Damn, the actress playing Sun is GOOD.
Old 05-19-05, 02:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
Good episode but I agree with the hula hoop the show overall is pretty lacking.
the hula hoop

I thought it was one of the best episodes in a while. I liked the farewell scenes, particularly with Sun and Jin, they got the boat in the water, Danielle shows up, Sawyer gets jilted by Kate, the T-Rex returns, and now they are all on the run from "the others". That was plenty for me.

I also like that they divided the backstory this time. Sometimes they can drag the show down, especially the second and third time around. The marshall was great. "Now you know why I need five guns!"
Old 05-19-05, 05:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a theory that the numbers are some kind of combination that will open the hatch. With Jack and Michelle Rodriguez having seats that also happen to be two of the numbers, I believe that it is more than luck.

A slight spolier regarding Ms. Rodriguez and the show
Spoiler:
since she was in rear of the plane, and we know that she is joining the cast next season - does that mean that our thoughts that the passengers in the rear of the plane are alive? I think so
Old 05-19-05, 05:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 461 Likes on 373 Posts
I don't know if this was mentioned but I liked Sun and Michael "farewell", lasted just seconds, it was ackward yet very heartfelt.
Old 05-19-05, 06:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Several great scenes in this one, can't wait for next week!
Old 05-19-05, 07:28 AM

Both the pilot and Locke saw the t-rex yet only Locke lived...maybe there is an airstrip on the island and the others don't want anyone to leave, that's why the pilot had to die.
Old 05-19-05, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 935 Likes on 660 Posts
Originally Posted by cliffzig
I'm gonna go ahead and stand up for the writers of the show. Thank you for all the character development. While some people complain about "Drawn-out" and filler and crap this and boo-hoo that, you have managed to create a group of survivors that I genuinely truly CARE about. It's the moments that make this show for me. Case in point, tonight we had the Jin/Sun, the Sawyer/Jack, the Shannon/Walt. I am not so concerned about learning the answers to all the mysteries RIGHT NOW dammit. Instead I am content to ride along, and what an enjoyable ride it's been.

Thank you.

I've been posting the same thing in every thread for the past two months.

I'm surprised that the boat set sail already. I figured for sure that would be part of the last few minutes of the finale, to make for a predictible cliffhanger.
Old 05-19-05, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 197 Likes on 162 Posts
It's the next morning and I still can't believe how good the show was last night - there was just so many great parts.

I don't care if the dog scenes were cliched, particularly the last one, they got to me.
Old 05-19-05, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by achau9598
I have a theory that the numbers are some kind of combination that will open the hatch. With Jack and Michelle Rodriguez having seats that also happen to be two of the numbers, I believe that it is more than luck.
Shannon while talking to Boone at the airport says it's a 15 hour flight.
Old 05-19-05, 07:49 AM

Great episode. Note to the writers: Shirtless Sawyer = very good. Let's see some more of that in the future.

After that promo, it's going to be absolute hell to stay spoiler free.
Old 05-19-05, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Maybe the whole hidden "number" thing will get dropped, just like they stopped bothering with #47 on Alias.
Old 05-19-05, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
Maybe the whole hidden "number" thing will get dropped, just like they stopped bothering with #47 on Alias.
One can only hope. Now whenever they mention 47 on Alias, I have to fight the urge to throw something at the tv. Let the numbers go, JJ. I beg of you.
Old 05-19-05, 08:05 AM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
I must have not paid attention when Jack talked about the status of his marriage. Could someone let me know what it is? Thanks!!
Old 05-19-05, 08:08 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
He said he wasn't married any more, which could be taken a number of ways.
Old 05-19-05, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Do we know that it's an invisible t-rex? That one time it was going pretty slow...kinda like an invisible brontosaurus.
Old 05-19-05, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Another good ep, but the numbers thing is played out.

People who own dogs can relate to the dog scenes - people who thought it was lame must be cat-people
Old 05-19-05, 08:53 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I actually like the whole numbers thing, but it seems odd to me that Hurley (and Danielle) were so close to the hatch and didn't see the numbers. They must be pretty tiny. We only saw the numbers on it that one time, right?
Old 05-19-05, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Numbers are rows. 42F was the seat number I believe. So, 15 and 16 would be two different rows, with A through whatever as seats.
Wasnt Locke sitting directly behind the black woman, or charlie?

People who own dogs can relate to the dog scenes - people who thought it was lame must be cat-people
Theres nothing cuter than the look of determination on a dog's face when swimming.
Old 05-19-05, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by aktick
I actually like the whole numbers thing, but it seems odd to me that Hurley (and Danielle) were so close to the hatch and didn't see the numbers. They must be pretty tiny. We only saw the numbers on it that one time, right?
Locke spent so much time with this thing, he MUST have seen the numbers. He should mention it, and watch big Hurley light up. Maybe in the last 2 hours this will happen.
Old 05-19-05, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 935 Likes on 660 Posts
Originally Posted by Meatpants
Another good ep, but the numbers thing is played out.
For you and maybe a few on this forum, but I would say for the average viewer all the numbers are: Hurley's lotto pic, on the hatch, and have something to do with Danielle being there. That's it. I doubt the average viewers are noticing all the number coincidences popping up like the users here. The seat numbers never crossed my mind until reading the thread.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.