Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lost -- "Exodus, Part One" -- 05.18.2005

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-05, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 461 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by dadaluholla
Yeah guys I'm sorry. I wasn't aware of the rules...Ummmmm. They sure got that raft in the water didn't they? That was pretty cool. And that dog swimming around was cool too. Oh and that smoke!!!! That had me on the edge of my seat. can't wait to see what happens next!!!!!

Old 05-18-05, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The dog turning around when Walt told him to was just about the lamest thing I have ever seen next to the invisible monster.
Old 05-18-05, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Serious, i'm not trying to cause trouble. Its an ok show its just SOOOOO drawn out.

If you need me to black out any of those show hightlights as spoilers let me know.
Old 05-18-05, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They must be doing something right if each week people are watching... Yes they do drag the episodes out but i still enjoy the show.
Old 05-18-05, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 198 Likes on 163 Posts
I kind of liked it when Walt gave Vincent to Shannon.

And the scene between Sawyer and Jack was a long time coming.
Old 05-18-05, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think my main problem with the show is I can't accept jack as anyone other than Charlie from Party Of Five.
Old 05-18-05, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dadaluholla
Serious, i'm not trying to cause trouble. Its an ok show its just SOOOOO drawn out.

If you need me to black out any of those show hightlights as spoilers let me know.

Well if it causes you so much grief..why watch it?

I am sure you can find better things to do with your time?
Old 05-18-05, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow. You are right... i guess i love the show.

ONCE I WAS lost, BUT NOW I AM FOUND.
Old 05-18-05, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 938 Likes on 661 Posts
There was some great character moments this episode:

Jack and Sawyer
Walt and Shannon

and the best scene of the whole show, Jin and Sun. Powerful. Forget the cliched dog follwing it's owner, this scene was the best in many episodes.
Old 05-18-05, 10:06 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 124 Likes on 112 Posts
Good episode but I agree with the hula hoop the show overall is pretty lacking.
Old 05-18-05, 10:08 PM

Was it me, or was the background muzak fucked up the entire episode? It kept sounding like a CD player that skipped every three seconds. I thought it was my Tivo at first, but the dialogue has no problems.
Old 05-18-05, 10:09 PM

Received 112 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by B.A.
And the scene between Sawyer and Jack was a long time coming.
Great scene!
Old 05-18-05, 10:37 PM

Welcome Leslie Arzst to the show. They are making an effort lately to include "redshirts" into the shots, whether in the background or in some way interacting with the primary characters.

Good scenes all around. The backstories were good as well as the action/interaction on the island.
Old 05-18-05, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,874 Likes on 1,969 Posts
Good to have Danielle back, though I still don't know what to make of her. Wonder what those scratches on her arm are...

Michelle Rodriguez is smokin' hot, even though she kind of scares me.

Yeah, I was expecting a shark to eat the dog when he was swimming out to the boat and then back to the shore.

Leslie Artz -- I like the character and hope he doesn't get killed next week -- but it's kind of weird seeing the kid who murdered his girlfriend in "River's Edge" playing a science teacher.

There was actually quite a bit of information dropped tonight:

*Sawyer revealed his meeting with Jack's dad to him.
*Security system? Says a lot without saying much at all. The implication is that the "monster" is protecting something; the wording further implies that it was put there by someone to protect something.
*Shannon's an even bigger bitch than I thought.
*Still don't know what to make of Kate. Is she a sociopathic stone-cold killer, or is she just a victim of some kind of horrible circumstances? We still don't know what she was initially wanted for... must be pretty bad for the cops to open fire on her in a hospital parking garage.

Last edited by Josh-da-man; 05-18-05 at 11:52 PM.
Old 05-18-05, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
i don't know about this "it's too drawn out" talk. seems to me that we got a lot covered/answered in this episode.

I liked how this episode featured flashbacks from a lot of the characters. different, and a good thing. i would have liked to have seen Sun stand up for herself with those americans, at least while Jin was gone. and like someone said, probably the best scene of the show. so we have some closure with Sun/Jin.

the scene between jack and sawyer was great. so we finally get that chapter of the book closed (Jack's guilt over his father's losing his job and death).

we get to see the black rock. was "Black Rock" written on the back of the ship? i wasn't home so had to watch it on Tivo, and not HD, so it was very hard to make out.

we learn more about the others.

we learn that alex is a girl. let's all go back to some of the first lost threads. I (as well as many others) figured the writers were attempting to trick us by having danielle say "Alex is my child" instead of "son". so it had to be a girl.

we learn about the safe deposit box.

I could probably think of more. I was pleasantly surprised with this episode. very well done.

the dog scene was cliched, but they pulled it off. just like the whole "someone dies, but a child is born" thing was cliched, but the scene on Lost was done so well. very touching scene. any dog owner would agree. it got a little dusty in my house. eyes watering. it may have been my allergies...

i wonder if anything happened to sayid in regards to leaving his bag. think shannon even remembers him or feels guilty?
Old 05-18-05, 11:29 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I liked being mislead about both Alex (I think most of us assumed it was a male, and that Ethan could have possibly been Alex for a while) and the Black Rock.

Before the t-rex shows up, it always downpours, then once he's gone it suddenly stops. Not sure if there's any meaning there.

So who do we have to see yet at the airport? Hurley, Charlie, Locke?

I wonder if we'll see the raft as kind of it's own story, or what will happen? You've gotta assume they end up back on the island somehow.

I'd keep digging up that damn hatch, it's gotta end at some point...doesn't it? I sure hope they get it open next week.
Old 05-18-05, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I hate to break it to all of you, but I figured out what the mysterous security system is.

IT IS ELEPHANTOR!!

But from a semi-seroius point, I'm getting a little annoyed that the characters are just okay with the secuirty system response. I mean obviously it's meant to tease, but I think these guys would want a little more info from her after all the deaths and crap.

and i hope shannon bites it and by it I mean death from metal elephant.
Old 05-18-05, 11:36 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
we learn that alex is a girl. let's all go back to some of the first lost threads. I (as well as many others) figured the writers were attempting to trick us by having danielle say "Alex is my child" instead of "son". so it had to be a girl.
OK, so I was the only one who thought it was a boy!
Old 05-18-05, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
There was actually quite a bit of information dropped tonight:

*Sawyer revealed his meeting with Jack's dad to him.
*Security system? Says a lot without saying much at all. The implication is that the "monster" is protecting something; the wording further implies that it was put there by someone to protect something.
*Shannon's an evil bigger bitch than I thought.
*Still don't know what to make of Kate. Is she a sociopathic stone-cold killer, or is she just a victim of some kind of horrible circumstances? We still don't know what she was initially wanted for... must be pretty bad for the cops to open fire on her in a hospital parking garage.
Another one:
boat leaving = boat discovered?

I think they showed a little too much for next week
Spoiler:
It looks like the boat comes back, skeleton apparently on the Black Rock, explosives
Old 05-18-05, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm gonna go ahead and stand up for the writers of the show. Thank you for all the character development. While some people complain about "Drawn-out" and filler and crap this and boo-hoo that, you have managed to create a group of survivors that I genuinely truly CARE about. It's the moments that make this show for me. Case in point, tonight we had the Jin/Sun, the Sawyer/Jack, the Shannon/Walt. I am not so concerned about learning the answers to all the mysteries RIGHT NOW dammit. Instead I am content to ride along, and what an enjoyable ride it's been.

Thank you.
Old 05-18-05, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
cliff, GREAT post. without all the character development, would we really care that jin is leaving sun? that walt is giving up his dog to shannon to help her grieve? that sawyer went past his machismo to give jack closure? those scenes would not have had the same impact if we didn't know these characters and care about them like we do.

i, too, applaud the writers of Lost.
Old 05-18-05, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts
I missed it. I can not believe that I missed the show tonight. Son of a...

I'm guessing that this episode will not be replayed between now and next week, right? Could I possibly be that lucky?

That's it, I'm getting DVR this week.
Old 05-18-05, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lopper
I'm guessing that this episode will not be replayed between now and next week, right? Could I possibly be that lucky?
TiVo tells me that the episode will be replayed Tuesday, 5/24 at 8:00pm ET.

Get a TiVo.
Old 05-19-05, 12:01 AM

I agree with cliffzig, people need patients with a television show especially new television shows. The first season has been about introducing you to the main characters and giving you some information about the island. Next season they may pick up the pace a little bit and give everyone some more action and answers which they so desperately crave.
Old 05-19-05, 12:10 AM

Some of TheGodfather's theories on Lost, spoilerized for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

Spoiler:
Walt caused the plane to crash because he wished it so. Death to a 9 or so year old boy is better than living in a strange land with your estranged father. Especially one who won't let you watch Power Rangers full blast at 5 AM. So he wishes the plane would crash only in his child's mind doesn't realize when you wish for something you have to be specific, so they survive the crash. The hatch and the polar bears are straight out of his comic which he also wished to life somehow. This is why he knows what is in the hatch and warns Locke not to open it. Also why Danielle has never seen it. Only problem with this is - how did the numbers get on the hatch?

Kate was originally wanted for killing her father. That's why her mom wasn't exactly thrilled to see her. Daddy either molested her or someone else, or cheated on mommy somehow or another. Or maybe, just maybe, Kate's dad was a con man who conned a certain other castaway's mother, prompting her husband to kill her, then himself. Then once Kate found out what daddy did for a living she killified his ass.

Now as for the "security system"... T-Rex obviously is aware of the castaways yet lets them live. Why? Why kill the pilot and let everyone else live? What do we know about everyone else? They all have unresolved issues. But who doesn't? The pilot looked at T-Rex dead on but so did Locke. So in what way did the pilot threaten the T-Rex, or whatever it's protecting, that the other survivors haven't? If they were all brought there for a purpose, by the numbers somehow, perhaps the pilot served his purpose by bringing them there so T-Rex whacked him.

The Black Rock looks like a pirate ship - how did it get so far inland? Depending on how long it's been there it's quite possible it didn't used to be inland. Could it somehow be the origin of the numbers? Or was it called there too? Maybe the show is just another Pirates Of The Carribean story.

OK so maybe there are more questions than theory in that mess. What can I say? I love this show, I could talk about it all day.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.