Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Palau 05/05/05

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will be voted off May 5, 2005?
Caryn
21.05%
Gregg
52.63%
Dolphin Boy Ian
3.51%
Jennifer
3.51%
Katie
10.53%
Tom
8.77%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: Palau 05/05/05

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-05, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
now what would everyone think if the jury actually wasn't used this season? what if everyone was just played and the winner would come down to being the winner of one final super survivor challenge? I doubt they would ever do it but I think it would be funny to see just once. let the jury run through their nitpick/bitch session and then have Jeff say "ok, lets get to the final challenge and see who wins it all". the look on everyones faces would be pure gold when they realize they can't pick a winner on the possibility of spite.

this would also be great just to prove who the ultimate survivor is and not who was more popular between the 2.
While I totally sympathize with your desire, the problem is in that setup every player showing the slightest physical prowess would be voted out at the first opportunity and never be allowed anywhere near the final. It would much more likely end up with the two weakest players at the end, as the only incentive would be to only keep players in the game you thought you could beat in the final challenge. So the weakest players vote out the strongest remaining players until Scout and Caryn are left to "battle it out."
Old 05-11-05, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Isn't that guy on the right on the jury?

Old 05-12-05, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
The jury portion of the game is overrated in the sense that I think most jurors already have their mind made up and no matter is said, that won't change. Maybe there is one voter in each edition that comes in truly on the fence.
I think it's much higher than one undecided. Usually at least three come to the final vote on the fence. IMO