Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Marti Noxon's Point Pleasant

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-05, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So what's the word on Point Pleasant?

Any reviews out there? Has anyone here seen the first episode anywhere? The previews have got my attention.
Old 01-17-05, 07:17 PM

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts
I'm intrigued. I'll be checking it out.
Old 01-17-05, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Geofferson
I'm intrigued. I'll be checking it out.
Same here. Haven't heard any advance word, but I'm curious.
Old 01-18-05, 05:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts
Not sure. This series could go either way. I'm hoping it's more X-Files/Millennium than the typical teen drama.

Marti (Buffy) Noxon and Ben (Angel) Edlund are exec producing so it has a good pedigree. Noxon is generally blamed for the worst aspects of Buffy, but Edlund gets a lot of credit for the better parts of Angel.

And Aubrey Dollar, former Guiding Light cutie, is a regular in the cast, so it'll be good to see her again. Mmmmm. Redheads.
Old 01-18-05, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Doesn't sound like my kind of show. Plus I refuse to watch this after the way FOX treated Tru Calling.
Old 01-18-05, 10:03 AM

Marti Noxon also wrote some great episodes of Buffy in the early years, and since PP is "her" show (thus she can't screw up an existing one), I'll give it a chance. The commercials for PP look pretty interesting.
Old 01-18-05, 11:00 AM
Cool New Member

this show is on wed at 9 in my area...wth putting a new show gainst Alias and the west wing...good luck i predict 6 episodes
Old 01-18-05, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by BloodyDrake
this show is on wed at 9 in my area...wth putting a new show gainst Alias and the west wing...good luck i predict 6 episodes

That's only the preview. The regular slot is Thursday at 9 (vs CSI and Apprentice) - the slot that was supposed to go to Tru Calling.
Old 01-18-05, 11:41 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
The commercials really intrigued me. You know what it reminds me of?

Spoiler:
American Gothic

"Someone's at the door!"

Seriously, if PP is half as good as AG was, this should be worthwhile TV.
Old 01-18-05, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Isn't Point Pleasant the town that the Mothman Prophacies took place in? I keep thinking that is what the show is going to be about when I see the commercials.
Old 01-18-05, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
I just found out its set in Pt Pleasent NJ!?!?!...but filmed in California
Old 01-19-05, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Point Pleasant 1/19/05 - PILOT

Reminder - on FOX tonight at 9pm. The NEXT episode airs tomorrow at 9pm after the O.C..

PILOT:
Spoiler:
All hell is about to break loose in a sleepy New Jersey town when a sudden violent storm washes in more than the tide. The peaceful existence of a small seaside community will dramatically change forever when Christina Nickson is rescued from the ocean by local lifeguard Jesse Parker and brought to the home of local doctor Ben Kramer. The Kramers, including Ben's wife, Meg, and daughter, Judy, take an instant liking to Christina and invite her stay with them as she searches for clues to her past and attempts to find her mother, a Point Pleasant native whom Christina never knew. Unbeknownst to Christina, her presence in the town is having a profound effect on its inhabitants - awakening repressed feelings, unlocking secret desires and heightening emotions. As Christina seeks answers to her mother's disappearance, she will come to realize that she has never known her "real" father either - for Christina is the offspring of a mortal woman and the Devil. While Christina struggles to control the demon inside her (and the powers that come with it), the fight for her soul has begun and the town of POINT PLEASANT has turned into the ultimate battleground of good vs. evil.

Human Nature (1/20):
Spoiler:
Christina continues to search at the local church for clues that will lead to her missing mother. Meanwhile the town prepares for its annual boat parade, which is even more competitive than usual thanks to Christina's presence. Christina and Jesse grow closer, which infuriates Paula. Charismatic-yet-sinister Lucas Boyd makes his move to Point Pleasant. And another death in town rains on the parade in the "Human Nature" episode of POINT PLEASANT.

Important to note if you have DirecTiVo and record LOST & ALIAS: The DVR has been overlapping - runs late on LOST and starts on time for ALIAS so it records BOTH and prohibits you from recording Point Pleasant at 9pm while both ABC shows are recording. Fiddle accordingly!

Last edited by rfduncan; 01-19-05 at 10:38 AM.
Old 01-19-05, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm hoping yo meant 1/19, not 1/09 because i actually wanted to watch this
Old 01-19-05, 10:38 AM

Actually, the regular PP timeslot is Thursdays at 9, after The O.C., so we'll only have the Lost/Alias problem tonight.
Old 01-19-05, 11:44 AM

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by rfduncan
Important to note if you have DirecTiVo and record LOST & ALIAS: The DVR has been overlapping - runs late on LOST and starts on time for ALIAS so it records BOTH and prohibits you from recording Point Pleasant at 9pm while both ABC shows are recording. Fiddle accordingly!
Yup, ABC sucks that way.
Old 01-19-05, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well I won't be watching the show, so somebody let me know if they show any scenes from the boardwalk area. Pt. Pleasant is one of our favorite Jersey shore summer fun spots.
Here's the Fun House on the boardwalk.

Old 01-19-05, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The preview looks interesting. I'll definitely check it out tonight and tomorrow.
Old 01-19-05, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by rfduncan
my dtivo shows Alias with a start time of 9:03pm eastern
Old 01-19-05, 07:08 PM

Fortunately, I don't have that problem. I have both Fox East and West (388 & 389)
Old 01-19-05, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Phil L.
Well I won't be watching the show, so somebody let me know if they show any scenes from the boardwalk area. Pt. Pleasant is one of our favorite Jersey shore summer fun spots.

I knew that picture looked familier...I believe the only thing you`ll see is a sign that says,Pt. Pleasant NJ...the producers claimed PP might not be sunny enough so they took the sign and slapped it on a beach in California and filmed there...

http://www.dotphoto.com/Go.asp?l=fre...D=14484242&T=1
Old 01-19-05, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by egbok
Fortunately, I don't have that problem. I have both Fox East and West (388 & 389)
you suck.

I ended up getting 2 dtivos to help against these problems, plus I can use my dvd recorder and gasp, my vcr if needed. I wish I could have qualified for east/west feeds.
Old 01-19-05, 08:10 PM

Well the opening sucked,

Hellow,ever hear of a Hospital...
Old 01-19-05, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by tommy28
Well the opening sucked,

Hellow,ever hear of a Hospital...
I think that kid mentioned some reason why he couldn't get the girl to the hospital.
Old 01-19-05, 08:11 PM

Oh,ok!thanks-
Old 01-19-05, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Phil L.

Was that the same boardwalk featured in Dogma and Chasing Amy?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.