Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The O.C. - 3/10/05 New Episode!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-05, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You'd think there would be a moderator around to keep this OC talk.
Old 03-11-05, 08:03 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alex is not attractive at all. She looks nasty. I hate chicks with tattoos, and I hate where that stupid butterly tat is on her arm. If I had to rank the women

1) Summer

2) Marissa- I love her face

3) Julie- What a MILF, although I liked her hair in season 1 better.

4) Kirsten

5) Anna- I just loved her cute-ness. For along term relationship, I would definetly go with her. Hot as hell, and down to earth and not high maintence.

Alex isn't that hot. She is extremly overrated
Old 03-12-05, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MIne:
Anna>Alex>Kirsten
The others I probably wouldnt glance twice at if they were just normal people.
Old 03-12-05, 02:27 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Hmm...
Summer, Kirstin, Julie, Lindsey, Alex , Anna, Sandy, Rosie the housekeeper, and then Marissa
Old 03-14-05, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,946 Likes on 1,506 Posts
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Hmm...
Summer, Kirstin, Julie, Lindsey, Alex , Anna, Sandy, Rosie the housekeeper, and then Marissa
lol... this and the El Scorcho quote from the other thread had me rolling...

Just marathoned the last four eps of this show, and thankfully, that helped the Rebecca pain go away quickly. Ugh. I like Sandy the way he is, and I hope that the whole Kirstin/editor thing does not happen ever again.

What was Julie in before? She looks really familiar, but I can't place it. I'm surprised, my wife said that she was perhaps the prettiest on the show, but maybe I can't divorce her on-show personality from her looks, because I don't find her all that attractive.

The whole mall thing was highly implausible, though what I enjoy about the OC are the little jokes here and there (that setup for the Spiderman joke a few weeks ago, with Seth very early on wearing that mask, was classic). Here, I liked the whole phonecalls in the changing room joke, and the whole Caleb/Sandy outing. Of course, I'm assuming there will be no repercussions even though the security camera got their faces on tape...

The plots otherwise are pretty straightforward and obvious, especially if you look at this as a soap and assume that the most ridiculous things are going to happen. Though they did surprise me at the end: I was sure that Alex was going to walk into that Diner and catch Marissa and Ryan.

They softened Ryan up quite a bit and made him likeable (they did this with Summer as well, though in a different way), and Seth is not as unbearable as he was early in the season because at least he has Summer now. So I'm hoping now that the plots are reset, with the Julie PRON thing and the Alex/Marissa thing being the only danglers, things will look up.
Old 03-14-05, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
Originally Posted by fujishig

What was Julie in before? She looks really familiar, but I can't place it. I'm surprised, my wife said that she was perhaps the prettiest on the show, but maybe I can't divorce her on-show personality from her looks, because I don't find her all that attractive.

Melinda Clarke (Julie) has had a number of guest appearances on television dramas, most notably playing 'Lady Heather' in 2 episodes of CSI.
Old 03-14-05, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My order is: Kristin, Julie, Summer, Ana.
No male rankings? Luke, Zack, Ryan

Seth and Marissa dont rank.
Old 03-14-05, 02:09 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
Melinda Clarke (Julie) has had a number of guest appearances on television dramas, most notably playing 'Lady Heather' in 2 episodes of CSI.
Yup and Gil was so in to her! I'm hoping she makes another appearance.

This week's episode was average at best, IMO. I did like Seth's, "Saving Private Ryan" line though.
Old 03-14-05, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

She was also on the soap Days of Our Lives for a few years and played a part that was (is) the exact opposite of Julie.
Look for her in that comic book movie, Spawn also.