Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

What shows have you STOPPED watching?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-05, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
I pulled the plug on CSI:NY after the 'spinoff' episode on Miami. Coincidentally I pulled the plug on Miami near the end of last season as well. 1 CSI is enough for me. NY just looks so dark, dank, and not NYC.
Old 02-11-05, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Numbers because of its horrible time slot

Joey- Just wasnt funny

The Apprentice-No reason

Playboys Night Calls 411- No wait.... i still watch this
Old 02-11-05, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I quit the West Wing when Sorkin left. I tivo'ed it last season, just in case the buzz was OK, but never watched it. Didn't even tivo it this season.

Quit Nip/Tuck after the first year. Shield Season 3 is still patiently waiting for me on my machine--I'll wait to see how reaction to Season 4 is going before I decide.

Quit Survivor around Season 3 or 4, and have ignored Big Brother for the past few summers after being into it the first couple years.
Old 02-11-05, 03:16 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
West Wing for me as well. Also ER needs to end its run. Although I love the shows I don't watch Berrnie Mac or King of Queens anymore because I'm not home on Friday nights and I have no idea when King of Queens comes on anymore. I liked it when it came on before Raymond.
Old 02-11-05, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I gave up on Er in '02.

Stopped watching Law&Order:SVU when it went head to head with NYPD Blue.

Stopped Law&Order:CI last year.

Gave up on 7th Heaven about two years ago and left Everwood this year after Anne Heche entered. Really missed Marcia Cross as Harold's sister.

Will probably give up on JAG once Harm is gone.

Monk has gotten tiresome.
Old 02-11-05, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
KoQ is on at 9 Wednesdays.

I'm actually close to hanging that one up, however. It is hard to tell which one is the King nowadays.
Old 02-11-05, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I pulled the plug on CSI:NY after the 'spinoff' episode on Miami. Coincidentally I pulled the plug on Miami near the end of last season as well. 1 CSI is enough for me. NY just looks so dark, dank, and not NYC.
We still watch Miami, but we mainly watch it as a comedy. Caruso's acting and one-liners are so laughingly bad. It's a show you can put on and not have to pay much attention to the story. I also get a big laugh when the coroner coos to the corpse: "Sweetie you didn't mean to get head in the head by that shovel, did you?"

Comedy gold.
Old 02-11-05, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Well, I didn't bother Replaying Las Vegas this week. Didn't even bother me that I didn't.

Joan Of Arcadia I boycotted last week due to the Duff's appearance.

I watch SNL only so I can particpate in the weekly thread bashing .

Watched the first two epidsodes of CSI:NY because Sinise rocks and I find myself attracted to the chick with big lips from 24 last season. However, I only lasted two weeks.

Numb3rs and Point Pleasant I Replayed, but never got around to watching [and have no interest either].

I've missed the Simpsons for the past two weeks [not on purpose], but strangely, i've had no desire to accquire 'em using "other" methods.

Will give the Noth-fronted L&O:CI a one or two episode shot, but I have a feeling i'll quit watching eleven episodes of this show.

Don't remember how long ago it was, but thanks to my girlfriend, I used to watch While You Were Out. Once Teresa left, so did I.
Old 02-11-05, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Stopped ER a few years ago, tried to watch again, and made it through 3 episodes. Dropped for good.

Joey isn't worth my time.

Those are really the only two dropped, but I don't watch a lot of primetime. No in Survivor, Apprentice, or any of the other "reality" crap.
Old 02-11-05, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'll give another vote to That 70s Show.

Also CSI (never watched the other two)
Law & Order

I actually don't have any shows that I just have to watch. I can take or leave almost everything (except for HBO - well until next year anyway).

Six Feet Under is over with later this year and The Sopranos next year. Then I am done with HBO. The others shows I can just wait for the dvd and rent.

Last edited by conscience; 02-11-05 at 05:11 PM.
Old 02-11-05, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts
For some reason, I forced myself to watch the first season and a half or so of Smallville on HDNet. Occasionally I would think, "wow, that was actually a pretty good episode", but then it dawned on me that if I'm watching a show and feel surprised when it's any good, maybe that's an indication I should stop. So I did.

That's the only still-ongoing show I've dropped.

I have to admit that my interest in Lost has plummeted. Not that I think it's a bad show or that the quality has careened downhill or anything, but that initial "wow!" that coasted me through many of the early episodes has faded away. I like it, but if I missed an episode, it wouldn't bother me all that much.
Old 02-11-05, 05:24 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CSI: NY I stuck with for about 5 episodes, but I have so many other shows on Wednesday night I had to give up CSI: NY so I had time to catch up on stuff I taped. I may catch up on reruns when everything is in repeats, I don't know.

Medium I watched the pilot, but forgot to tape the next two episodes. I tried to watch the fourth but I already felt lost so I gave up.

Point Pleasant I watched the pilot, and taped the second episode. I hadn't watched it by the time the third episode aired, and I had Apprentice and CSI to deal with, so I said screw it and quit the show.
Old 02-11-05, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The Practice is the last show I can recall saying "Screw this, I ain't watching this crap anymore" in mid season. It was around the time Bobby's wife had gotten her small touchy feely practice across the hall and had a client that was required to sing in court as testimony.

24 I stopped watching after being disappointed in season 2 as a whole and even more disappointed in its cheap cliffhanger ending.

Star Trek Enterprise I stopped watching because it was moved opposite Joan of Arcadia and I didn't want to make the special effort to record it every week.

Also, I liked Grounded for Life and Malcolm in the Middle, but I don't normally watch sitcoms and eventually stopped remembering to tune in through no fault of their own.
Old 02-11-05, 06:49 PM

Smallville. I can't believe I watched that for two seasons. When the third season started, I just watched the first 4 episodes, and decided enough was enough. There's only so much utter crap I can put up with to just see Tom Welling shirtless for a couple of seconds an episode.
Old 02-11-05, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm getting close to giving up on Lost. They just can't seem to get the balance of giving us enough new clues so that we keep watching but not enough to answer every question. It just seems so disjointed, I mean why the hell hasn't there been anything else about that hatch that Locke and Boone find?
Old 02-11-05, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant
I'm getting close to giving up on Lost. They just can't seem to get the balance of giving us enough new clues so that we keep watching but not enough to answer every question. It just seems so disjointed, I mean why the hell hasn't there been anything else about that hatch that Locke and Boone find?
I kind of agree, but I have great hope that it will all tie in incredibly at some point.
Old 02-11-05, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Medium
Medical Investigation
Jonny Zero

The one about the baseball team and the batboy. But that show didn't last much longer than the couple shows I watched.

A few more I can't remember.
Old 02-11-05, 08:57 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Alias.

I actually stopped watching sometime last season. The storyline was just so dumb. Tried watching again this season, but found out it was incredibly boring.
Old 02-11-05, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose

After Mark Greene was gone from ER, I noticed the show took a steep drop in quality. Once Romano was gone, I stopped watching and haven't seen a new episode since.
I gave up the same time. I had begun to deal with the loss of Greene and Benton and then Romano died and I just decided to forget about the show. I didn't like any of the new people enough to keep watching and was sick of the other story lines.
Old 02-11-05, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Sir_Fireboard
Smallville. I can't believe I watched that for two seasons. When the third season started, I just watched the first 4 episodes, and decided enough was enough. There's only so much utter crap I can put up with to just see Tom Welling shirtless for a couple of seconds an episode.

Well, the 1st 2 seasons were really good. Im with you on seasons 3 and 4 though.
Old 02-11-05, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Alias, I started losing interest after the Super Bowl episode but I hung around, hoping it'd get better. I gave up on the show for about four episodes in the middle of last season, but came back for the end. During the premiere this year I just wasn't interested, so I dropped it.

7th Heaven, I watched a few episodes this season, but I just wasn't feeling it, maybe it was the season by season cast changes that took their toll. (Though I did see the Ruthie's first date episode this week and remember why I did like this show)

I was losing interest in Lost before the Dec break, but have come back. This show is kind of on the ledge, a couple of below the line episodes in a row could gave it added to my drop list.
Old 02-11-05, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Smallville: Started watching it during the 3rd season, quit, and then tried again when the 4th season started. Lana Lang must die.

The Simpsons: Just wasn't funny anymore.
Old 02-11-05, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I ditched on Joey just before the Kelly Preston episodes. Even she wasn't enough to get me to check it out again. I stopped watching Malcolm in the Middle after 3 episodes this season. I hate it when people say that the Simpsons is far past its prime and should be put out of its misery, so I'll refrain from saying the same about Malcolm.

I have a backlog of several Desperate Housewives episodes waiting for me. I haven't exactly given up on it yet, but I'm not exactly itching to catch up there either. I haven't seen the latest Lost episode yet, which is odd since I've almost always watched them as soon as I got them.

Of course, it hasn't helped that I've had this other monster time sink that's been consuming me of late.
Old 02-11-05, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Everwood - The "winter break" combined with the Anne Heche plotline, the Amy-Ephram plotline, the new doctor and the diner owner plotline... Well, basically every plotline this season.

Will & Grace: I've actively disliked this show for years, but finally realized it was actually painful to watch. That problem is no longer an issue.

Law & Order: Didn't even give the new detective a shot. No one replaces Lenny.

Mythbusters: Got tired of Season Premiere on Sept 20th! No, October 29th! No, December 15th! Then they changed the timeslots around again and again. Then when the show finally started back up, the change going from staying with one myth until it's conclusion to a rotation every few minutes... Finally the fact that only one or two myths were actually done by Jamie and Adam. A shame, it was one of my favorite shows for a while.

Point Pleasant: Had expected this would be enjoyable. Utterly horrible acting and writing, an OC-clone trying to pretend to have a sci-fi element.

Las Vegas: Didn't even give this a shot for the second season. Watched the season finale last year, realized it was just a time killer over the summer and gave up.

Joan of Arcadia: I haven't officially stopped watching this, but I haven't seen any of the episodes since November. Have all the episodes waiting to watch, but the show took such a downward spiral that I really doubt I'll get around to finishing them all.

Malcolm in the Middle: The time-change meant I missed almost all of the episodes in November/December. Got used to not watching the episodes, and kept up what Fox started after Football ended.

Cold Case: Same deal as MitM.
Old 02-12-05, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

while i haven't stopped watching alias, i have the last three weeks saved but i just have no motivation to watch them. same thing with west wing, not really in a rush to watch it anymore.

i have also stopped watching ed but that's not my fault.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.