DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   What shows have you STOPPED watching? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/409357-what-shows-have-you-stopped-watching.html)

Chrisedge 02-11-05 01:09 PM

What shows have you STOPPED watching?

This season, or lately?

I deleted from my season passes:
Las Vegas (Decent show, but every story seems the same)
ER (Just deleted last night, tired of this, all the new people bug me, and I find Carter's character, more and more unbelievable....)

El Scorcho 02-11-05 01:10 PM

ER for me as well, after some 9 odd years of watching religiously. The show took a dive for me when Benton and Greene left.

Goldberg74 02-11-05 01:12 PM

I still TiVo Medical Investigation, but I have a backlog of 4 episodes (add a 5th one tonight)... I just never sit down and watch them.

Might as well delete it... but I'm afraid to.

Chew 02-11-05 01:13 PM

I haven't given up on any shows that I've been with for more than a full season. There's been plenty of new shows I gave up on early this season though: CSI:NY, Medium, Medical Investigation, Numbers to name a few.

Red Dog 02-11-05 01:14 PM

Since the start of the season (only shows that are still on the air):

The Apprentice
Joey
Charmed

Geofferson 02-11-05 01:14 PM

Joey and Point Pleasant

B.A. 02-11-05 01:17 PM

One Tree Hill is the only one I can think of that is still on the air that I don't watch at all.

and shows I no longer watch regularly:

Crossing Jordan
Joey
That 70s Show

Chew 02-11-05 01:24 PM

When did everybody give up on Joey? It started out pretty rocky, but has steadily gotten funnier over the last few weeks.

Red Dog 02-11-05 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Chew
When did everybody give up on Joey? It started out pretty rocky, but has steadily gotten funnier over the last few weeks.

I think I stopped watching after the Kelly Preston ones and I only watched those since I love Kelly Preston. Even if it has steadily funnier, that ain't saying much because the show sucked at the start. I didn't have high hopes for it anyhow seeing as how I didn't watch the last 3 seasons of Friends (which started going downhill after the whole gang went to Vegas).

regent 02-11-05 01:36 PM

This season, CSI

Shows that are still on the air that I quit long before this season
ER
That 70's Show

NORML54601 02-11-05 01:37 PM

That 70's Show
CSI NY
SNL

Groucho 02-11-05 01:43 PM

Yeah, I almost gave up on Joey but it got a whole lot better when he got cast in the ski show.

SunMonkey 02-11-05 01:45 PM

I don't what much TV at all anymore, but I'm quickly losing interest in Lost. It is good, but I hate the feeling that I being sucked into another X-Files scenario where for every question that is answered (sort of), two more are posed. And then the series dies before even a semblance of resolution is provided.

Doughboy 02-11-05 01:53 PM

I should've quit on Joey by now, but I keep watching it. I figure it's only 20 minutes an episode, but that adds up over the course of a season.

I've sworn that I'll finally give up on Smallville if they cop out and have Chloe conveniently forget Clark's secret.

Charlie Goose 02-11-05 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by SunMonkey
I don't what much TV at all anymore, but I'm quickly losing interest in Lost. It is good, but I hate the feeling that I being sucked into another X-Files scenario where for every question that is answered (sort of), two more are posed. And then the series dies before even a semblance of resolution is provided.

I know what you mean. I'm not losing interest in Lost, but I still worry that I'm going to be betrayed by the plots.

After Mark Greene was gone from ER, I noticed the show took a steep drop in quality. Once Romano was gone, I stopped watching and haven't seen a new episode since.

House
CSI: NY
Will & Grace (for the most part)

I have a strange feeling that I'm going to stop watching NYPD Blue very soon. :(

Red Dog 02-11-05 01:58 PM

I think I stopped watching ER in '96 or '97. :lol:

Groucho 02-11-05 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I think I stopped watching ER in '96 or '97. :lol:

Me too. The episode that finally made me say "Okay, that's enough!" involved somebody firing a rocket launcher into the ER for some reason.

zuckuss 02-11-05 02:09 PM

Point Pleasant

Bill Needle 02-11-05 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho
Me too. The episode that finally made me say "Okay, that's enough!" involved somebody firing a rocket launcher into the ER for some reason.

My wife is in the medical field and travels to Chicago on business, including the hospital the show is modeled after. I asked her once to check for rocket, bullet, and helicopter fragments lying around. Amazingly, she found none, nor anyone who could remember such a thing ever happening. I was stunned.

ChrisHicks 02-11-05 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by SunMonkey
I'm quickly losing interest in Lost. It is good, but I hate the feeling that I being sucked into another X-Files scenario where for every question that is answered (sort of), two more are posed. And then the series dies before even a semblance of resolution is provided.

same here. I'm also getting kinda tired of Alias too. I don't know why but I just can't seem to get into it now.

I've stopped watching Trading Spaces and TS Family. I want to give up My Wife And Kids but my wife likes it(it's good for her to sleep to for 30 min.).

Phil L. 02-11-05 02:32 PM

I've only seen two episodes of Numbers and I think that's the only ones I'll ever see.
I actually like the math kid enough, but can't take the unbelievably bad casting of Rob Morrow as the FBI agent. He's way too wimpy. While I was watching I kept wishing that Anthony LaPaglia (I think that's his name) the agent from Without A Trace was in the role instead.

Judd Hirsch as the quirky dad is tough to take as well.

lopper 02-11-05 02:37 PM

Same here with regards to Lost. In fact, I was about to completely jump ship after this week's episode, which I found pretty disapointing after a 3 or 4 week break between new episodes. I'll stick around through this season if only just to (hopefully) find out what's in that damn metal box.

I don't think I'll be watching Six Feet Under when it returns for its next (last?) season, and I'm finished with all flavors of CSI as well.

hardcore 02-11-05 02:40 PM

After putting up with a couple mediocre seasons, I've finally stopped watching Gilmore Girls. I don't know if it is just me, but it seems in the past couple seasons the dialogue has become flat and the characters annoying...

MrX 02-11-05 02:41 PM

Joan of Arcadia
CSI: NY(made it about 8 episodes in)
The Apprentice

Shows that I only tuned in for a few episodes but that was enough:
Numbers
Meduim
Point Pleasent

Jadzia 02-11-05 02:49 PM

I just pulled the plug on CSI:NY which was quite liberating. I had about 6-7 episodes unwatched in the Tivo so I tried to watch one, it bored me to tears, and I gave up. I only wanted to see Hill Harper, but there wasn't even enough of him to keep me interested. I liked him better on The Handler, anyway.