Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lost 02/09/05

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-05, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ethan has to be dead, Charlie shot him like 3 or 4 times in the chest. Unless they have an ER in the jungle, he isn't coming back. [ cut to next week when Ethan is alive ]

I too don't understand why Ethan wouldn't just kidnap Claire again instead of making Charlie give her back? The only thing I can think of is he doesn't want the baby to get hurt if he was trying to re-subdue her by force?

I TIVO'd the Jimmy Kimmel show that night since I saw the preview with the Lost bit in it. It was pretty funny, Jimmy and Evangeline were walking in the forest and it had a Jimmy voiceover and she could hear everything he was thinking. Also, Jimmy asked Sawyer for some bug spray but Sawyer wanted a kiss as a trade. Instead Sawyer sprayed him in the eyes hehe. Also, he told Hurley he needed a catch phrase and asked Jack why his beard never grows yet is never clean shaven.
Old 02-11-05, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by SMB-IL
What's SD6?
Spoiler:
A secret terrorist organization that uses CIA agents as members but the CIA agents think SD6 is a good organization. SD6 has currently been destroyed but one of the head members managed to become the head of a black opts CIA team.

Edited to add spoiler tags about another show. ~ Jadzia

Last edited by Jadzia; 02-14-05 at 12:04 PM.
Old 02-11-05, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 346 Posts
Originally Posted by Kennyx
Yeah, I thought about that, but still... IIRC Ethan was just a superior fighter (his blocking, throwdowns, etc...). Plus you take into consideration his strength (lifting charlie up and then pinning him up against a tree a foot off the ground with just one hand), you'd think he'd put a better fight (not to mention Locke saying in a previous episode that he was a superior hunter).
That's an interesting point! Maybe Ethan was part of a secret "super soldier" program on the island and the baby is needed for more experimentation. It would seem that Ethan is (was) not alone, but how many more could be in his group? Is Ethan a clone? (clones are within the realm of scientific probablility). It's obvious that wherever Ethan came from, he had enough skill and knowledge of the outside world to fit in for a few weeks.
Old 02-11-05, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So, did anyone wonder if Sawyer's "Bygones" utterance was a reference to Ally McBeal?

Old 02-11-05, 11:35 PM

No...but when they said Island I thought it was a reference to Gilligan Isle.
Old 02-12-05, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
i thought using the pregnant girl as bait was an obvious reference to home fries, starring drew barrymore. those writers sure are clever.
Old 02-14-05, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I liked the episode, but Charlie is pissing me off as well.

There are so many questions that hopefully they will keep "throwing us a bone" every couple of episodes.
Old 02-14-05, 09:25 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
Spoiler:
A secret terrorist organization that uses CIA agents as members but the CIA agents think SD6 is a good organization. SD6 has currently been destroyed but one of the head members managed to become the head of a black opts CIA team.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHRHRHHGHHRHhHRh!!!

I'm still on Season 2! Why did I read that?????

Last edited by Jadzia; 02-14-05 at 12:05 PM.
Old 02-14-05, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by TJC980

I'm still on Season 2! Why did I read that?????

Heh heh. I feel your pain. Even though it's old news, perhaps detailed plot descriptions of shows other than the one in the thread title should be in spoilers.
Old 02-14-05, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by Gil Jawetz
Heh heh. I feel your pain. Even though it's old news, perhaps detailed plot descriptions of shows other than the one in the thread title should be in spoilers.
2+ years old?
Old 02-14-05, 10:08 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Gil Jawetz
Yeah, that would be nice!
Old 02-14-05, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
2+ years old?
It is a weird area but then again, this isn't an Alias thread. Ah, whatever.
Old 02-14-05, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
2+ years old?
Just because it is old news to you doesn't mean it is old news to everyone else.
Old 02-14-05, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Morf
Just because it is old news to you doesn't mean it is old news to everyone else.
That's why it's a grey area. After a certain point things just become common knowledge. But still, reading a spoiler for a different show from the one that the thread is about sucks. Tough call.
Old 02-14-05, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Agreed. How about Dr Cox spoiling "The Sixth Sense" for the Janitor on Scrubs a couple of weeks ago? Nasty, but if you haven't seen TSS yet, the statute of spoiler limitations should be up.
Old 02-14-05, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by movieking
Agreed. How about Dr Cox spoiling "The Sixth Sense" for the Janitor on Scrubs a couple of weeks ago? Nasty, but if you haven't seen TSS yet, the statute of spoiler limitations should be up.
Funny thing is, I'm one of those who just never got around to seeing it and generally was able to avoid spoilers, and even had a copy from NetFlix waiting to be watched -- so there I am, watching Scrubs....

Old 02-17-05, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
On to revive this one now.

Originally Posted by Cusm
I am happy with the pacing of the show. Any faster and it would seem like every other show out there. I want answers, but this just means I jones really bad for the next episode. I do not want this wrapped up at the end of the hour.
Exactly. Kinda like 24. They leave you wanting more. There is nothing wrong with that.

Originally Posted by Patman
I was more interested in that ominous conversation between Jin and Sun.
I took it as he is suspicious of his wife interacting with them. Especially working with others on her garden. I think he has a hint that she speaks English, and was testing her based on her responses.

RE Anyong: I see it as a nod to AD. A reference? No. Just a nod. Just like the nod to the Fugitive. It doesn't mean the character is an avid AD fan, just means the writers are and wanted to throw it in for fun. Or it could be total BS since it means hello.

As for revealing things too slowly and the french woman: I think she let Sayid go on good faith that he wouldn't bother her since she obviously wanted nothing to do with the others. For him to betray her would be wrong. I think that is why we haven't seen them go after her, yet.

You also have to consider the timing. Do you think the cast aways are going to solve this stuff in a few weeks time? That is all the time that has passed. I don't think so. They are still getting used to their situation and coming to grips with the fact that they are not going to be rescued. I don't think it would be right to set each episode a week or two apart just to speed along the story. Then you would have even less coherant plotlines and even more speculation of what happened during the week they DIDN'T show us.

I also agree that getting more than one flashback episode per character is too much when there are others we could learn about. Especially when they reveal nothing more than we knew from the first flashback.

Speaking of flashbacks. Watching these two episodes still makes me wonder if these are reflective of the character pondering them or if they are a direct tool for the viewer. Michael/Walt's flashbacks seemed to be 50-50 to me. All of Charlie's however seemed like he was thinking about them. Especially since you see him sitting there alone thinking about how Claire didn't need anyone to save/protect her, then you get a related flashback of him trying to do the same to a previous acquaintence. Just seemed like it was on his mind and that is why it is revealed to us. But I know I am alone on that bandwagon. I wish there was a way to find out for sure.