Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Do you need to see Season 2 and 3 of 24 to understand Season 4?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 02-17-05, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have only seen Season 1 and I loved it. I have never seen Season 2 or 3 though. I have most of Season 4, but have not watched it thinking that I won't be able to keep up since I missed 2 whole seasons. What do you think?
Old 02-17-05, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

No. You'll be fine. The writers are good about completely ignoring entire characters and plots between seasons (and hours) which should work heavily in your favor. There are some minor details of background that would be helpful to know, but it won't take you but a few minutes into the first episode to figure out what happened in previous seasons to put the characters in their particular positions.

das
Old 02-17-05, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by das Monkey
No. You'll be fine. The writers are good about completely ignoring entire characters and plots between seasons (and hours) which should work heavily in your favor. There are some minor details of background that would be helpful to know, but it won't take you but a few minutes into the first episode to figure out what happened in previous seasons to put the characters in their particular positions.

das
Agreed. I started watching this show this season without having watched the first 3 seasons of the show.
Old 02-17-05, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

das
Is this a rant on 24 or Enterprise?

It seems to work either way.
Old 02-17-05, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

das
A little harsh, but mostly correct. For this season anyway. The first 3 seasons, however, intertwine more with recurring characters and storylines, kind of like a trilogy. 4 is more of a reboot with all those storys cleared up and every character other than Jack is new(with small cameos from a couple previous characters).

I would definitely watch the others in order though.