Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lost 02/09/05

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-05, 02:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I missed this episode, I thought it was another repeat.

So can someone tell me who died....or should I say 'died' I know how weird this show is so I dont think someone actually died
Old 02-10-05, 02:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by IMRICKJAMES
I missed this episode, I thought it was another repeat.

So can someone tell me who died....or should I say 'died' I know how weird this show is so I dont think someone actually died
Spoiler:
Ethan killed Scott, who apparently everyone was miscalling Steve. Don't know who he was. Apparently he was in a previous episode, maybe as an extra. Was he the guy with the major rash problem in the golf episode?

Then Charlie killed Ethan.
Old 02-10-05, 03:00 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There is still a Scott around there somewhere. Cuz one episode Hurley came running up and the guy goes "Hey Steve" the guy pointed and said "Thats Steve I'm Scott". Its easy for me to remember cuz my name is Steve Scott.....Hey do you think JJ was referencing me??!?!?!?!?!
Old 02-10-05, 05:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts
Just watched this again on tape.

I would assume that Ethan's face was scratched by Claire when she escaped; or that's what they want us to think.

With Ethan dead, it leaves a lot of questions -- Why was he on the island? Why did he want Claire and/or her baby? Was he alone?

"I was attacked because of whatthey've done." Does Jin know something the others don't? Also, it seemed like he was taking an interest in Claire's baby. Significant?

Ethan seemed unusually strong and robust -- we saw him lift Charlie, who didn't put much of a struggle, and he also broke quite a few bones in Scott before he finally broke his neck, and was able to withstand a pretty good pounding from Jack. I wonder what they did with his body... buried? burned? left in the jungle? If they just left him in the jungle, makes me wonder if he's really dead...

And how did Claire escape, anyway? Ethan's extremely strong, and he's an excellent tracker, too. Was she allowed to escape? Did he let her go? Was she cooperating with him?
Old 02-10-05, 06:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
If they just left him in the jungle, makes me wonder if he's really dead...
Same thing I was wondering.

I'm guessing the next time he shows up, he'll be wearing a Shatner Captain Kirk Halloween mask and a blue jumpsuit.
Old 02-10-05, 06:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Pretty entertaining episode though Charlie gets more annoying each week. Where did Charlie get the gun he used to shoot Ethan? I saw Jack drop his when he jumped on Ethan but I thought he picked it up again once Ethan was knocked out.
Old 02-10-05, 07:57 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
Beginning to think that Hurley will never get a back story.
I saw an interview with Jorge Garcia a while back, and they are doing a Hurley backstory episode later in the season. I believe they said episode 18, which is due to air March 2.
Old 02-10-05, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I also got rather pissed at Charlie tonight. This show is starting to get the X-files vibe to me in the way that there are numerous questions, almost too many to keep track of, yet they never offer any solutions. I really don 't want to wait another 8 seasons to find out what's going on just to be ultimately disappointed. I bet you a dollar that the season ender will be a huge cliff-hanger.

P.S. Isn't it past time for Claire to have her baby? I thought it was mentioned early in the season that she only had a couple weeks left. Last night, Jack mentioned they had been there about a month.
Old 02-10-05, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
In regards to providing us with some clues to the questions surrounding this show, this episode was very defficient however, it came up big in providing us with some interpersonal moments between characters.

I like how at the end, Shannon was tending to Sayid's wounds.

I also agree with everyone that indicated that Jin and Sun conversation was very interesting. Kudos to JJ Abrams and his writing team, for giving them some depth and now I can't wait for Jin's backstory. In regards to the "baby" comment, I felt that Sun's pause was not to divulge that she knew what was happening at the camp and it had nothing to do with Jin's being involved in the kidnapping of Claire as some of you suggested. But then again I could be wrong...
Also I'm pretty sure that when Charlie said "Anyong (Hello)" to Jin, it was just that and it wasn't a reference to Arrested Development.

They may have killed Ethan with the guns but now a bigger problem has presented itself, whoever controls the guns, become the power figure on the island. I'm sure that Locke already has it figured out.

I vote Boone as the main dumbass on the show. Whenever he tries to help, it ends up backfiring on him and the other people. Case in point yesterday, falling asleep during watch duty and previous to that was he almost drowning while trying to rescue the woman at sea.

Charlie killing Ethan was a dumb move however, I tend to agree with what Charlie said "that Ethan probably wouldn't have told them anything" and he would had ended up escaping and causing more harm.

My guess is that at first, Kate will end up with Sawyer instead of Jack. Sawyer seems to know or sense what Kate wants or is looking for.

Next week can't come soon enough...
Old 02-10-05, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I believe Charlie did pick up the gun Jack dropped.

I also believe that Jin suspects his wife knows more, but I feel that Jin can also understand English. I almost felt he was trying to work his way to asking that question last night.

Even if Ethan would not have talked, it would have been cathartic for everyone.

Did it appear that Ethan came up out of the ground before he made his run after Claire? That is what it looked like to me.
Old 02-10-05, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by NORML54601
Pretty entertaining episode though Charlie gets more annoying each week. Where did Charlie get the gun he used to shoot Ethan? I saw Jack drop his when he jumped on Ethan but I thought he picked it up again once Ethan was knocked out.
No, it was Jack's gun that Charlie used since Jack never picked it up.
Old 02-10-05, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cdoug57
Did it appear that Ethan came up out of the ground before he made his run after Claire? That is what it looked like to me.
Interesting. I didn't noticed that but is it possible that Ethan could have come out of the metal door/hatch?
Old 02-10-05, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by freudguy
I also got rather pissed at Charlie tonight. This show is starting to get the X-files vibe to me in the way that there are numerous questions, almost too many to keep track of, yet they never offer any solutions. I really don 't want to wait another 8 seasons to find out what's going on just to be ultimately disappointed.
Yeah, I've been saying this for the past few new episodes. Like the producers care, but if this season ends with a big stupid cliffhanger and no solutions to the tens of questions posed so far, I won't be back next season. I've already had my X-files experience for one lifetime!
Old 02-10-05, 08:38 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Damn you Charlie! Good episode last night. Liked Charlie's backstory and its parallel to his actions in the ep.
Old 02-10-05, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
I think Charlie was 100% about Ethan. He would not have told them a thing, and he would have escaped and possibly taken Claire and/or kill several other people in the process.
Old 02-10-05, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Good episode, and while at first it seemed like Charlie was crazy to shoot Ethan, I don't think they would have gotten much out of him, and as we've seen, he's pretty wily. I do agree though that they keep asking questions and not really answering any of them. I'd like at least one major answer by the end of the season.
Old 02-10-05, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

One thing I found curious: In the last bit of the previous new episode Claire looked like she was no longer pregnant. That is, when she returned to the camp. We were speculating like mad on what that meant, but obviously last night she as pregnant again. Did we just see it wrong at the time? three of us watching in 2 different locations thought she wasn't pregnant. Anyone have the tape?
Old 02-10-05, 09:32 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
They only showed Claire from the waist up at the end of the last episode (probably deliberately). How people derived from that that she wasn't pregnant I don't know.
Old 02-10-05, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
now I can't wait for Jin's backstory.
Jin & Sun was one of the first backstories they showed. It seemed to center more around Sun, but I assume they're doing a "shared" backstory similar to Michael & Walt's

Last edited by NORML54601; 02-10-05 at 07:21 PM.
Old 02-10-05, 09:37 AM

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
I liked how Jack just kept wailing and wailing on Ethan, yet nowhere was there the standard line that absolutely must be shouted by someone present: "That's ENOUGH, ________! That's ENOUGH!"

Cool how everyone just let Jack finish.
Old 02-10-05, 09:47 AM

Unfortunately, I lost interest in this show a couple weeks ago. I say unfortunately because it was the most promising new show I had seen in a long time. There was just too much foreplay and no payoff. I got tired of week after week having cliffhangers with no answers in the next episode.
Old 02-10-05, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

[QUOTE=NORML54601][QUOTE=LorenzoL]now I can't wait for Jin's backstory.
Jin & Sun was one of the first backstories they showed. It seemed to center more around Sun, but I assume they're doing a "shared" backstory similar to Michael & Walt's
If you watched "The House of the Rising Sun" episode, the backstory was with Sun's point of view. The one coming up is a backstory with Jin's point of view.

The backstory with Michael and Walt was with Michael point of view. I wouldn't consider Sun and Michael backstory a "shared" one.
Old 02-10-05, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

ABC's "Lost" returned after a short hiatus with an 11.6/18 to dominate the 8 p.m. hour. CBS was second with "60 Minutes," 7.3/11. "That '70s Show," 5.6/9, and "The Simple Life," 5.5/8 -- which took a tumble without the benefit of an "Idol" lead-in -- put FOX in third. NBC quietly concluded the "SI Swimsuit Model Search." The WB got a 3.0/5 from "Smallville" to grab fifth place. UPN trailed with "The Road to Stardom with Missy Elliott."
Old 02-10-05, 10:29 AM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
the whole "someone will die" thing is like the episode with deperate housewives... the preview says "one of the housewives WILL DIE" and shows footage of the main girls. then of course it's not one of them.
Old 02-10-05, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Feneant
Good episode, but its getting hard to follow everything with all the fucking 2 weeks pauses. Why is ABC giving one of their hit shows the Fox treatment?
This is such a LAME comment.

Do you understand that a regular season for a show like this is 22-24 episodes? It started airing on 9/22. There are 37 weeks between that date and the last Wednesday in May. THEREFORE several weeks must be repeats/alternative programming. Same thing happened with 24 since FOX only ordered 12 episodes, they needed some time to finish filming the season once the go ahead was given. Just to warn you, March will only have ONE new episode.

What you have dubbed "the FOX treatment" is not this - THIS is what every show that starts in September and runs until May has been doing on network television for YEARS. It is a standard practice. "The FOX treatment" is ACTUALLY what both Alias and 24 are getting NOW which is 24 consecutive episodes with no breaks between January and May (give or take a week for Alias because of State of the Union).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.