DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Project Runway -- Appreciation Thread (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/401115-project-runway-appreciation-thread.html)

StealthStratos 10-19-06 02:34 PM

I was rooting for Uli but can settle for a Jeffrey win.

Anybody know what song was playing during Uli's runway show?

Buford T Pusser 10-19-06 02:49 PM

I was wondering if anyone watched the season finale.

Brent_MN 10-19-06 03:25 PM

I am glad Jeffrey won....I woulda been happy for Michael too, but Jeffery was my pick bascially from the beginning. This was my first season of the show, and in trying to keep my mancard, I picked him. lol.

Sure, he was a jerk to some people, but they (in several instances) were asking for it. He just speaks his mind. When it comes down to it, he's a sweet person and means well. I think how he acted towards Laura post-calling out, was a lot better than he should have. She was obviously jealous.

All in all, great season. I will definitely watch again.

Buford T Pusser 10-19-06 10:11 PM

Like many we liked Michael but were disappointed by his final effort. At least he has braces and Brandy as a girlfriend. Did anyone notice her appearance?

Laura did some good work but it wasn't too exciting. Her husband looked like a character and much older than her. Reminded me of Bruce Dern. He makes some major $$-I wonder what he does.

Uli did a great job and came a close second. She sure looks like her mother although Michael and Laura did quite a bit as well. She seems sweet.

Jeffrey came up with some good stuff. Apparently his father issues really damaged him and he's working through it finally. Guess he's glad he didn't hang himself. He definitely will benefit from the cash more than Laura.

An excellent season and the talent was way up this year. Maybe next year will be even better.

Auf wiedersehen season three of Project Runway. They really did make it work people.

Premise 10-20-06 12:27 AM

Does anyone know the names of the songs/or bands each designer used?

Brent_MN 10-20-06 12:32 AM

I didn't know Michael was dating Brandy? nice job.

And yeah, Laura's husband...lol. He's been a nice guy from what we've seen, but he just looks goofy. lol. Love it.

Buford T Pusser 10-20-06 08:17 AM

Did anyone watch Top Chef after the finale?

They showed some unseen bits from PR.

Of course there was some nice snarky comments. Jeff saying that if Laura didn't have a rich husband she'd be going around in a minivan wearing sweatpants. Laura saying Jeff was going to reach new heights and then making a weird face/noise.

Then another bit showed Jeff talking about fan favorite Michael. He said he plays how he loves his mama and church but did a lot of talking about "strippers and ass."

Don't remember any clips of Uli. Guess she's too nice.

clckworang 10-20-06 05:10 PM

I was disappointed with the final decision. I really thought Uli's collection deserved to win. I just feel like we saw Jeffrey's baby doll dress thing too much, it just didn't do anything for me. But I will concede that he is a more fashion forward designer, although that doesn't mean I like his designs. I think Uli had the best collection followed by Laura then Jeffrey and then what-were-you-thinking Michael.

I think Michael might be the type who does better when limitations are put up for him, evidence by how well he performed in challenges compared to his own collection.

DJariya 11-13-07 04:26 AM

Project Runway.....Is it worth watching?

Never seen it before. Although I've watched Top Chef, which is from the same producers and really enjoyed it. I've heard some people say this is one of the best reality competition shows. I know season 4 premieres Wednesday, should I give it a try?

magiccmom 11-13-07 06:38 AM

I def. think so...I got hooked about 2 years ago, and I dont sew or have any interest in design...but I love the concept of having to produce something to be judged on in the end, instead of a reality show that votes you off due to alliances. They def. have quirky characters and creative challenges. Like Top Chef, ANTM, and this, I like having some end result to judge. Give it a try, get past the choosing of contestants to one or 2 challenges. Bet you will be hooked!

leeta 11-13-07 07:51 AM

I love it. Really creative contestants and for the most part, fair judges. It's fun to see their final product going down the runwalk.

The Bus 11-13-07 08:13 AM

This show is great. :up:

BDB 11-13-07 12:27 PM

I'm with The Bus.

Perkinsun Dzees 11-14-07 06:11 AM

Project Runway Season 4 (Premieres 11/14)

New season of Project Runway starts tonight!

Hopefully it'll be as entertaining as last season.

http://l.yimg.com/img.tv.yahoo.com/t...qIZKLHq700SQ--

They've got some cute looking chicks this year:

Kit Pistol (awesome name!)
http://l.yimg.com/img.tv.yahoo.com/t...MjdL5AYR3ukg--

Victorya Hong
http://l.yimg.com/img.tv.yahoo.com/t...xxEKvEqNbl5Q--

But I call dibs on Jillian Lewis

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

http://l.yimg.com/img.tv.yahoo.com/t...cJus6EFgP0KA--

LiquidSky 11-14-07 08:32 AM

I've never watched this show but will be tuning in this evening.

mphtrilogy 11-14-07 08:54 AM

Bring it!

BDB 11-14-07 12:31 PM

It's been added to the DVR

redtornado 11-15-07 06:32 AM

Pretty good first episode. It looks like the designers are of a decidedly higher caliber than in previous seasons. Already though, it looks like Rami is a favorite to win it all.

I wonder who this season's Santino/Jeffrey/Marcel/Hung will be? My guess is Christian, the young whippersnapper with the terrible haircut.

magiccmom 11-15-07 07:38 AM

I was also impressed with the level of talent for this season. Rami already has his own line and dresses the stars, so I feel like he has more to prove than the others. I really liked most of the dresses. There is a whole lot of gay going around (not that there is anything wrong with that)

McLovin 11-15-07 05:27 PM

I think the Project Runway people were embarrassed that none of the winners from previous seasons have really set the fashion world on fire so they decided to load up this season with some big shots.

Which means poor Elisa is probably going to get booted sooner than later since it seems doubtful that someone who can't even use a sewing machine will be the next great designer.

I like Kit a lot, but yeah, baldy seems to be a pretty formidable competitor.

magman 11-17-07 10:40 PM

Just watched the first episode on Tivo. The opening challenge wasn't as interesting as in past seasons. Didn't really care for most of the dresses, though I did like the ones by Chris and Jillian. Wasn't that impressed by Rami's dress, though that may be because I didn't think his model was very attractive.

Funniest part was the race for fabric and Chris getting left in the dust.

BDB 11-21-07 01:12 AM

Rami impressed me, his dress was flawless.
Christian you could see was going for a straight up Vivienne Westwood look.

LiquidSky 11-21-07 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by magman
Funniest part was the race for fabric and Chris getting left in the dust.

Poor guy. At least the material he liked was still there. :)

mwbmis 11-22-07 02:44 AM

Marion might have deserved to go home tonight, but the good news is that if they ever decide to remake Wrath of Khan he's got a good shot at getting that outfit in the movie.

Finisher 11-22-07 03:14 AM

Yeah, if your model looks like she's wearing a burlap sack .. you should probably go home.

Victorya's dress was easily the best and very impressive considering the limitations.