DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Project Runway -- Appreciation Thread (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/401115-project-runway-appreciation-thread.html)

BDB 01-03-08 10:34 AM

I missed this show! Why did it need a christmas break.

I'm glad that Elisa is gone, as clearly she had no idea. the sleeves on that thing - ick-

Rami's dress was very inventive, but I think Jillian should have won, for bravery in using the food.

I liked that Chris toned it down for this one, and his dress with the Twizzler/Hershey repeating pattern looked great.

I don't think they mentioned that christian couldn't be voted off did they? he finished his in what seemed like an instant. of course that's the magic of editing.

Jadzia 01-03-08 10:46 AM

I was laughing at the editing of the final judging sequence when they showed a quick shot of the heavy-set guy (Chris) backstage popping a candy into his mouth. That just seemed so wrong.

LiquidSky 01-03-08 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I was laughing at the editing of the final judging sequence when they showed a quick shot of the heavy-set guy (Chris) backstage popping a candy into his mouth. That just seemed so wrong.

:lol: I was too~! Glad he toned his style down. I liked his dress. From the previews, it looks like Cry Baby is turning on the tear ducts again. :rolleyes:

Jadzia: are you enjoying all the snow? :)

Jadzia 01-03-08 01:19 PM

I have been sick (the whole family has) so haven't been outside. Too bad, because I wanted to take the little guy sledding. It's real thick snow. Did you come here to visit?

I forgot to mention, does anyone think Heidi Klum might be pregnant again? Her face is looking different for some reason.

LiquidSky 01-03-08 02:31 PM

J: My pal who lives in Ann Arbor came to visit for New Years. I've had a sinus infection for a couple of days now. Ugh. :(

LiquidSky 01-10-08 07:07 AM

Did anyone else watch?

I hated to see
Spoiler:
Kevin
get the boot but that dress was damn ugly. Christian had his hands full this time. :D Cry-Baby was all tears and wounded puppy dog looks again. :rolleyes:

magiccmom 01-10-08 10:25 AM

So surprised that they dismissed Kevin so quickly, his work was so good up to that point. I think Crybaby should have gone, that dress color was horrible and the dress was boring. I'm glad Christian stayed, he cracks me up! Jillian continues to impress. I think her work is flawless.

Jadzia 01-10-08 10:33 AM

I can't believe Victorya's fug dress won. Sweet P was robbed!

Those judges did not seem to have a clue what kind of dresses girls want for their prom. They kept remarking on looking too "old" - duh! That's what high school girls want!

Finisher 01-10-08 04:19 PM

I hate these challenges where some designers get semi-modelesque body types to work with and others do not. On top of that, the demands of the clients can vary pretty drastically.

LiquidSky 01-11-08 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by magiccmom
So surprised that they dismissed Kevin so quickly, his work was so good up to that point. I think Crybaby should have gone, that dress color was horrible and the dress was boring. I'm glad Christian stayed, he cracks me up! Jillian continues to impress. I think her work is flawless.

Agreed.

BDB 01-14-08 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I can't believe Victorya's fug dress won. Sweet P was robbed!

Those judges did not seem to have a clue what kind of dresses girls want for their prom. They kept remarking on looking too "old" - duh! That's what high school girls want!

I actually thought Victorya's dress deserved the win, it's the best outfit she did, and while I did like Sweet P's dress, I think the colour won it for Victorya.

Sweet P has grown on me a lot through the season, and I'm really glad they brought Chris back. He's great!

magiccmom 01-16-08 10:25 PM

Damn, crybaby has 9 lives!!! I really got nervous for Rommy...he better shake it up and do something besides the same old look he does every week. Jillian is perfection, but I'm afraid she is starting to crack under the pressure. Christian is a star. I could watch him in his own show week after week.

BDB 01-17-08 01:18 AM

Agreed.. He needs to get away from the dresses, and mix it up.
I loved the Trenchcoat, but was pleased that Chris/Christian one, as I am not a fan of Victorya.

magiccmom 01-17-08 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
Agreed.. He needs to get away from the dresses, and mix it up.
I loved the Trenchcoat, but was pleased that Chris/Christian one, as I am not a fan of Victorya.

Me too. I wanted the win for Jillian, but it seemed team leader picks up the win, which would have been another win for Victorya and saved her from elim another week. Now to be sure we have christian for another week and thats a good thing!

Cellar Door 01-17-08 08:49 AM

It looked to me like Christian's dress was inspired more by his own hairstyle than by the model's. It didn't strike me until I saw him standing on the runway with the model, but when I noticed it I burst out laughing.

magiccmom 01-17-08 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Cellar Door
It looked to me like Christian's dress was inspired more by his own hairstyle than by the model's. It didn't strike me until I saw him standing on the runway with the model, but when I noticed it I burst out laughing.

HA HA! You are absolutely right!!!!

LiquidSky 01-20-08 09:04 AM

Second week in a row that I liked Sweet P.'s dress the most. Rami dug his own grave shutting Sweet P. out but really did her a favor. There was no way for him to pin any blame on her.

Perkinsun Dzees 01-24-08 01:33 AM

Arrrrrgggghhhh! Crybaby wins. Crap. Thank god there was no immunity for this challenge, so he can still get kicked off next week.

Jillian is the only hot chick left. She better make it to the finals. :mad:

LiquidSky 01-24-08 07:33 AM

He wins and still cries. :rolleyes: I was glad to see Vyctoria (sp?) get the boot. Christian is getting on my nerves and the look on his face when cry-baby won instead of him was hilarious.

BDB 01-24-08 08:39 AM

Christian makes for good TV.

Gillian and Victoria were idiots making the Jacket. Esp coming off last week.
SWeet P's turned out great after starting out horrid. I'd have liked to have seen her win.. I didn't actually think that ricky's was all that special.

BDB 01-24-08 05:31 PM

From tim's Blog, on bravo's webpage..

Ricky wins! I don’t know who was more surprised by his win -- Ricky or me. I cannot tell a lie: I was profoundly concerned about his look. I thought it was too basic and too poorly finished. On the show, you hear me say, “It’s stunning,” and it’s true that I did say it, as in, “Fix all of this and make certain that it’s stunning.” The editors were stuck with a conundrum, because so little of what I said to Ricky (and I said a lot) could be used. In any case, I was baffled by the judges’ rhapsodic support of his design. It was so similar to Rami’s look and even to Chris’s design, but it was less ambitious than either. The judges celebrated the look’s fit. It’s a strapless tube dress! How challenging can the fit be? But please don’t get me wrong: I’m sincerely pleased for Ricky that he won. But I’m equally baffled. Chacun a son gout. It’s a matter of taste.

Finisher 01-24-08 06:23 PM

I'm thinking Ricky knows one of the producers or is giving Michael Kors head or something.

Christian talks shit but actually backs it up. He deserves to make final three at least.

LiquidSky 01-25-08 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
Christian makes for good TV.

Indeed. In real life, I would not be able to stand him for more than 15 minutes.

LiquidSky 01-25-08 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Finisher
Christian talks shit but actually backs it up. He deserves to make final three at least.

Agree.

mphtrilogy 01-25-08 07:54 AM

This season has been a shocker, Kit and Victoria were back to back.. it sure seems to me that Chris, Sweet P and Ricky are all weaker designers then those two. I don't recall pas seasons when quality like that was booted before what sure seems like weaker opponents.

Strange.

I think its looking like Rami, Jillian and a wild card for the third.. maybe Christian? Who's act is getting very old.