DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Project Runway -- Appreciation Thread (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/401115-project-runway-appreciation-thread.html)

LiquidSky 11-22-07 07:45 AM

Marion's dress! :eek: ugly!

I wonder if almost getting the boot will tone Christian's ego down a bit?

redtornado 11-23-07 06:59 AM

Never been much of a Sarah Jessica Parker fan, but I thought she came off very well in the episode (even though I hear her Bitten line is horrible). Seemed very humble and down to earth. Loved the scene when she reached out to shake that one designer's hand and he didn't notice it and just walked away and left her hanging. :lol:

Glad to see Christian hang around. He adds too much personality to the show to leave early.

Hope to god the crybaby gets kicked off soon.

Jadzia 11-23-07 11:28 AM

I thought the dress that won looked like ass, but I am not surprised since I thought the SJP line of clothes looked horrible when I saw her show them on Oprah. I guess it fits right in.

Perkinsun Dzees 11-29-07 12:42 AM

Ugh! Crappy episode tonight. :grunt:

Male models! :mad:

Who wants to watch male models undressing? :wacko:

Plus, I hate Tiki Barfer and the NY Giants! :mad2:

Hopefully next week will bring us back the scantily clad, anorexic chicks :blush:

Jgh8x 11-29-07 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Perkinsun Dzees

I would say that 90% of the people who watch this show. Count me in as a very satisfied viewer. :)

I thought tonight was an interesting episode. I had always wondered in previous seasons why a challenge involving designing menswear was never initiated, and this episode has proven that perhaps this is one experiment that was not so successful. It seems the time alotted in challenges is just not enough to accomplish successful menswear.

I would've sent Ricky home, but I'm not devestated to see Carmen go.

Next week looks like more drama. I'll be right there in front of the telly.

mwbmis 11-29-07 02:12 AM

I think a lot of them were in completely over their heads. They were just lucky that there were people whose outfits were SO bad that their outfits looked OK in comparison.

Honestly, I think the only reason why that guy won is because he just made a shirt and pants (and Tiki wanted to wear the winning outfit on the air). Personally, I would have picked the other guy's outfit as the winner. He at least was partially successful at what he attempted. I didn't really care for Kit's fleece jacket.

As for who went home...you could have picked between five or six of them and not been wrong. If they can make outfits out of garbage....why can't they make mens wear.

Finisher 11-29-07 03:21 AM

Anyone liking any of these people?

Elisa is growing on me.

LiquidSky 11-29-07 07:25 AM

Ugh! Crappy episode tonight. :grunt:

Me! :banana: :drool: :banana:

LiquidSky 11-29-07 07:27 AM

Does anyone else think Jack kind of cheated by tracing his own pants for a pattern?

magiccmom 11-29-07 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by LiquidSky
Does anyone else think Jack kind of cheated by tracing his own pants for a pattern?

No, not really. He did ask if they could use what they were wearing as reference...although it was sneaky, I dont think they could use it against them when Tim said that they could. And he did share. Although, I'm surprised he couldnt do 3 pieces, when he didnt have to spend much time on his pattern. I was surprised how this challenge sent many of them into meltdown. I liked the fleece jacket, to me that looked the most anchor friendly. I wasnt a big fan of stripes and stripes...but it looked impeccably made. I'm enjoying this season.

LiquidSky 11-29-07 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by magiccmom
No, not really. He did ask if they could use what they were wearing as reference...although it was sneaky, I dont think they could use it against them when Tim said that they could. And he did share.

Yeah, I forgot that Tim said it was okay to do. :)

BDB 12-06-07 10:49 AM

Another team effort last night, and I think that they made the right decision in who to send home, I liked Chris, and what he brought to the table, but he got screwed by choosing the shoulder pads, as really I think it would be quite hard to update.

Jilian's team worked well, as did

And I think Rami will be in this all the way to the end.

Christian and Kit's team is also good too.

Jadzia 12-06-07 11:21 AM

How come the team that had pleather did not use any pleather in their designs?

BDB 12-06-07 12:04 PM

I imagine it was in there somewhere.

magiccmom 12-06-07 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Jadzia
How come the team that had pleather did not use any pleather in their designs?

...and they didnt actually do cutouts? I was confused by that as well....

orderandlaw 12-06-07 05:26 PM

Chris did a jacket, for which he suffered.

But, hello? how else are you going to have shoulder pads?

If he had left it out, there would have been three dresses with no shoulders ar all!

And where was the fringe?

Hosed!...

Timber 12-06-07 07:11 PM

Last night was the first time that I noticed Jillian. :drool:

She's hot and dressing like she's still in the 80's sort of did something for me.

Perkinsun Dzees 12-06-07 10:38 PM

I was surprised to see Chris go. I had him pegged early on to become one of the four finalists. Ah well, I will miss his hearty wit and laughter.

Still waiting for Crybaby to get the boot.

LiquidSky 12-07-07 07:04 AM

Still waiting for Crybaby to get the boot.

Me too! His constant forlorn looks and teary eyes get on my nerves. I wonder whats up with Jack next week. I know of his medical status but he looks like the picture of fitness. Perhaps it has to do with something else or maybe the stress of the competition is making him ill.

Jadzia 12-07-07 07:52 AM

That guy Christian looks like he should be a member of DotDotDot from the Next American Band. That hairdo is a force of nature.

Perkinsun Dzees 12-13-07 01:29 AM

Sad to see Jack have to leave the show due to sickness, although it looks like he's doing fine now.

http://buzzkilled.com/blog/wp-conten...k_and_Dale.jpg

However, nice to see Chris back in the competition, though I can see how some of the designers might think it's unfair if he ends up making it to the finals or even winning the show.

Overall, this was probably the best episode of the season so far even if I would rather have seen Crybaby get booted than Steven.

LiquidSky 12-13-07 07:12 AM

Good to see that Jack is doing well. I would love to see him come back next season. Christian's design was cool and I'm glad he won this week although I'm sure his ego will be out of control. Cry Baby continues to annoy me.

BDB 12-13-07 10:55 AM

I think steven had never designed anything before in his life, and I'm wondering what the heck he thought that dress would turn out like? Seriously.

Christian and Kevin's designs were fantastic, I think I liked Kevin's better as his model nailed it. She was a different person in the outfit.

Jillian made a brave choice to abandon the material completely but the judges like her.

I also really liked Kit's dress.

I like that immunity is in now, as it means Christian or whomever wins can go wild the next time out.

Not sure who is cry-baby? Elisa?

I didn't like Sweet P at first, but she's growing on me.

Also I love the Amazing Race, and Phil as presenter, but I think Tim is the best reality show host out there.

Felt bad for Jack, and I think Chris while he's fun is still stuck in Costume mode, so won't last all that much longer.

TruGator 12-13-07 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy

Not sure who is cry-baby?

http://www.bravotv.com/Project_Runwa...gner/ricky.png

BDB 12-13-07 11:09 AM

ah right- He's okay. but yes I see it now

thanks!