Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville - 10/20/04

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-04, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Thoroughly enjoyable episode, lots of fun - and great dynamics between characters on so many levels.
Old 10-20-04, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Great episode. I hope we see Bart come back in future episodes.
Old 10-20-04, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome episode. I also liked the "maybe we can start a club, or league or something" line. However, is the Flash really THAT much faster than Clark though?
Old 10-20-04, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That was fucking awesome. I had a a big smile on my face at that end sequence. Great way to end the episode. Loved the "league" line, as well as the fake IDs of other Flashes.
Old 10-20-04, 11:14 PM

Well the current flash if I remember correctly is connected to the speed force making him faster then superman. Figure that in with Clark's powers still growing and it makes sense that the flash can make him look slow right now.
Old 10-20-04, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Who is faster, Superman or The Flash? That has been a question for many years. As far as I know it has never been answered. I have seen several comic books where they race but something has always come up that interupts the race.

I look at it this way -

Superman: "Faster than a speeding bullet"

Flash: "The fastest man alive"

That should answer your question.
Old 10-20-04, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts
***GEEKGASM***

Sigh... too many awesome moments.

Clark in blue, Bart in red, like Tron lightcycles.

Bart running on water.

"Maybe a League, or something..."

"Jay Garrick; Barry Allen; Wally West..."

The lightening bolt on the backpack.

DAMN! I just wet 'em...
Old 10-20-04, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I always thought of it in terms of their Prime Requisite. Supes' is invulnerability and Flash's is speed. So Flash is faster.
Old 10-20-04, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Bluebomber
Well the current flash if I remember correctly is connected to the speed force making him faster then superman. Figure that in with Clark's powers still growing and it makes sense that the flash can make him look slow right now.
You have to take into account that this is Bart Allen and not Barry. Bart is the Grandson of barry and he pretty much has something that no other speedster has. He is very very powerful. Hell, he read a libary full of books in a matter of twenty minutes.

Flash is faster, but considering whenever they get into a race there is always a cop out where some villain shows up and the race has to be put aside. http://www.hyperborea.org/flash/races.html

they gave bart the barry origin in a sense where he reads about the flash in comic book. Going into all this will lead to a lot of confussion with earth-1/earth-2 pre-crisis bullshit, so lets just say barry read about the Jay Garrick flash backstory through comics.

Last edited by Jackskeleton; 10-21-04 at 06:04 AM.
Old 10-20-04, 11:45 PM

Bart comes from the future in the comic books, yes? I'm not really up on my Flash history.

The new Teen Titans that came out today is pretty cool. They meet their future selves!
Old 10-21-04, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
I kept expecting Bart to say "Dont have a cow man"
Old 10-21-04, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally posted by Soybean
Bart comes from the future in the comic books, yes? I'm not really up on my Flash history.

The new Teen Titans that came out today is pretty cool. They meet their future selves!
Yeah, he's from the future. He changed from impulse to kid flash in the early run of the current teen titans comics when deathstroke shot him in the knee cap. He decided to mature pretty fast and read a lot of books and became Kid Flash. I've found a lot more respect for him now as the future flash. Kids game and lost family are two trades that are worth picking up on the titans run.
Old 10-21-04, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

One thing that doesn't really click for me on this episode is why exactly did Clark feel the need to keep a lead box containing a piece of Kyrptonite in it? Just in case he needs to "feel sick" the next day because he stayed up late partying and didn't study for tomorrow's exam?
Old 10-21-04, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by SuprVgeta
One thing that doesn't really click for me on this episode is why exactly did Clark feel the need to keep a lead box containing a piece of Kyrptonite in it? Just in case he needs to "feel sick" the next day because he stayed up late partying and didn't study for tomorrow's exam?
I'm thinking every now and then, as his powers improve, he tests himself with it, to see if part of his progress is the ability to develop some sort of resistance to it. But alas, we all know 'tis not to be.
Old 10-21-04, 03:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
Yeah, he's from the future.
I assumed his cheesy line to Chloe about being from the future was a nod to the comic fans in the audience, as well.
Old 10-21-04, 05:23 AM

Originally posted by SuprVgeta
Awesome episode. I also liked the "maybe we can start a club, or league or something" line. However, is the Flash really THAT much faster than Clark though?
In the comics.....YES!!!

Bruce
Old 10-21-04, 06:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Matt Millheiser
***GEEKGASM***

Sigh... too many awesome moments.

Clark in blue, Bart in red, like Tron lightcycles.

Bart running on water.

"Maybe a League, or something..."

"Jay Garrick; Barry Allen; Wally West..."

The lightening bolt on the backpack.

DAMN! I just wet 'em...
Add in the just mentioned "from the future" line to Chloe and that pretty much completes my list as well. The "league" one being the best.

No one has mentioned the connection of having the voice of the Justice League's Flash talking to Kid Flash though.
Old 10-21-04, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Better than most eps, though I can always do with less caves/Kryptonian symbols/Native American mumbo jumbo.

Lex beating up that goon was off the charts on the Unintentional Comedy Scale. Did Lois have time to teach him that?

And just when I thought they couldn't top the homoeroticsm of last week's episode (boys who must be drugged to like cheerleaders, Lex and Clark in the boys' locker room, etc), Lex busted out his "I decided to play cowboy and got handed my spurs" line. Get a room already fellas!
Old 10-21-04, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally posted by mikehunt
next week looks like another
Spoiler:
red kryptonite episode, at least behavior wise even if it isn't actual red kryptonite
Did you not comprehend the preview?

Spoiler:
We saw John Glover in jail say something like "It's me, Clark." then at the end of the preview, Tom Welling was on the phone and said "This is Lionel Luthor."

This is MORE than Clark going badass -- this is body-switching.
Old 10-21-04, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

This is the preview for next week's ep, from thewb.com:

Spoiler:
Clark (Tom Welling) hears a painful ringing sound in his ears and is drawn to the prison where Lionel (John Glover) is being held. When he sees Lionel attempt to stab Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) with a strange glowing stone, Clark grabs for the stone causing the two men to switch bodies. Learning his new body has super powers, Lionel immediately begins wreaking havoc on Smallville. Trapped behind bars without his powers, Clark must figure out a way to get his body and powers back in order to save his friends and family.

Hopefully
Spoiler:
Kirk Cameron, Dudley Moore, Fred Savage, and Judge Reinhold
can all make appearances.
Old 10-21-04, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
"5x5"
Old 10-21-04, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought it was a pretty good episode. I'm definitely not up on my comic book history, so I had to take it at face value. But I thought it was quite enjoyable, and I did like Flash's character. Some of his lines were horrible. "Smell you later." I don't think I've heard that since fifth grade.

Next week looks pretty cool.
Old 10-21-04, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,505 Posts
Hmm, haven't watched the Ep yet, but I am a little disappointed they used Bart Allen instead of Wally West... If Clark is young, all the other superheroes would be young too, right? What next, he teams up with Robin instead of Batman?

From the previews of this weeks episode, I thought they were going to pull a fast one and just let it be another freak-of-the-week and not the "real" Flash, but that was a pleasant surprise.

I guess the secret's finally out, unless they use yet another form of brainwashing/wiping.
Old 10-21-04, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by fujishig
Hmm, haven't watched the Ep yet, but I am a little disappointed they used Bart Allen instead of Wally West... If Clark is young, all the other superheroes would be young too,
It's the producers' own take on the Superman mythos. That's why you already have Lex. And Lois. And Perry. Does this really have to be mentioned each and every week?

Last edited by Kal-El; 10-21-04 at 11:21 AM.
Old 10-21-04, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This ep absolutely sucked monkey bones. Sooooooo bad. I will never watch the show again. Why? No Lois! ::runs and cries in the corner::

Ok, now that that's out of my system, the ep was pretty cool. Outside of Bruce, Bart is one of the few young superhero's that makes sense to have on Smallville. GL? No. Ok, maybe Hal Jordan - sans the GL powers for a flight show or something. Martian Manhunter? Not really. Wonder Woman? Maybe, but I bet that would be hell getting the rights. Kid Flash fit in perfectly though.

As for those asking who's faster Flash or Supes. I've always subscribed to the belief that Flash is faster. That's his main power, how lame would it be if there was somebody else out there just as fast? That wasn't his arch enemy or anything? Plus ::geek hat:: there was an issue of The Flash where Gorilla Grodd (or someone) setup the entire Justice League and Flash saved them all in like 3 seconds. The only one to notice this was Supes because of his quickeye, but Flash is definately faster by like 2 to 5 times.

One thing that drives me crazy is how they show speed on this show. I thought it was dope how they did it with Bart saving Pa Kent and they've used that device before. But I cannot stand how they show speed when they were racing. It looks so damn cheesy. I'm not talking about when all you saw was a blue and red streak, but at the end. So cheesy.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.