Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Ghost Hunters

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-07, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Received 513 Likes on 353 Posts
I'd ask for a job, personally!
Old 06-08-07, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Who ya gonna call?
Old 06-08-07, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Wildo1966
Well, I just found out that the men from the TV show Ghost Hunters have opened an office in my city this past week! They publish a monthly magazine about the paranormal and they have their office about one mile from where I live...Does anyone watch the show? Does anyone read the magazine they put out? I was thinking of stopping by their office at the Mill Outlet and seeing if they give free samples away....What do you think?
I think you won't know till you try.
Old 06-09-07, 07:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love the show! That is very cool they opened the office near you.
Old 06-10-07, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Wait, what kind of free samples do they give away? Free ectoplasm?
Old 06-10-07, 05:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by tofu
Wait, what kind of free samples do they give away? Free ectoplasm?
Sorry I don't know...I was thinking of stopping by their office this week to see if they may give me a free sample of their magazine. You think they might have some back issues to give away to get people interested. They had a meet and greet a week ago but I did not know about it. I would have gotten my Ghost Hunters dvd set signed....
Old 06-13-07, 04:37 PM

It's funny I keep crossing paths/reading about people who crossed paths with Ghost Hunters. My time must be coming. It is a good show that is getting better I think, last week's episode was one of the best I've seen. Hopefully tonights will continue the trend.
Old 06-13-07, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I have to disagree, I think the show has gotten worse. Tonight's episode had moments where the two younger crew members were just acting like complete dumbass teenagers. Nothing professional about it whatsoever. It needs retooled abit.
Old 06-14-07, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My wife and I noticed that the show has dramatically changed from trying to debunk to trying to prove..problem being, they never prove anything other than their silly "personal experiences".

I'm glad they're coming back to the states, because that Barry guy has been a freaking pansy.
Old 06-14-07, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

That is another problem, just like lastnight they kept talking about how it just "felt weird" in one of the rooms. That proves nothing. The show truly has lost sight, it was a lot more fun when the crew tried to disprove.
Old 06-14-07, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by dgmayor
I'm glad they're coming back to the states, because that Barry guy has been a freaking pansy.
Yea, every time something happened he'd run away.
Old 06-17-07, 02:33 PM

I disagree with you guys. I don't think last week's episode was their finest, but there's no way to know going into an investigation what you're going to find. Just two weeks ago they recorded some really inexplicable stuff with the infrared camera. I thought the first episode of the season was one of the best I've seen.
Old 01-10-08, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Just started watching this series lately. Certainly will make the writers' strike go by a bit quicker (this and "The First 48" on A&E).
Old 01-10-08, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I watched some episodes of the marathon today that I hadn't seen before and then caught the new stuff. They seem to be getting away from the annoying team conflict stuff which to me always took away from their investigations. I really didn't care if they were having a problem with a team member, I'd rather know more about what was going on in the investigation.
Old 01-11-08, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by FinkPish
I watched some episodes of the marathon today that I hadn't seen before and then caught the new stuff. They seem to be getting away from the annoying team conflict stuff which to me always took away from their investigations. I really didn't care if they were having a problem with a team member, I'd rather know more about what was going on in the investigation.
Yeah, I agree. Wasn't needed, but I wonder if they did that to fill time on some of their more less eventful episodes. The episodes in the maraton were chosen by the viewers so as a relative newbie, it was great to get the highlights of the shows and see some of the more interesting investigations (loved that lighthouse one).

Also watched Ghost Hunters International. OK, I guess but more of the same but without Jason and Grant, it really isn't as good but it's fine as filler until the new season of the original premieres in March.

Last edited by TheMovieman; 01-11-08 at 12:57 PM.
Old 01-11-08, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts
I think Ghost Hunters: International premiered within the last couple days. Maybe that's the premiere you saw.

I like the show more when they actually find some kind of proof of something. The show where they went to Ireland and filmed some weird heat signatures in that field was pretty cool. I liked the lighthouse one as well.
Old 01-11-08, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, it premiered on Wednesday (1/9). Wasn't bad or anything but the episode itself wasn't all that exciting since, like you, I like it when they find evidence. I mean, in that lighthouse episode seeing that footage of that figure looking down over the railing was creepy...
Old 01-11-08, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I dig this show cause of the history background stuff and never miss it. That said I didnt like this GHI cause that little fruit Andy annoys the hell out of me and I despise him, that new lead seems like a wannabe commentator (him doing EVPs and posing in a pic with a ghost?), than that tall chick is too jumpy after all the years of doing it. I hate most of this shows cast
Old 01-11-08, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ravenous
I dig this show cause of the history background stuff and never miss it. That said I didnt like this GHI cause that little fruit Andy annoys the hell out of me and I despise him, that new lead seems like a wannabe commentator (him doing EVPs and posing in a pic with a ghost?), than that tall chick is too jumpy after all the years of doing it. I hate most of this shows cast
Yeah, I never liked Andy... at all. The rest are OK, but the leader needs to chill out, too over the top.

It was funny that the chicks thought they heard a horse-drawn carriage when in fact it was the other investigators.
Old 01-12-08, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Ravenous
That's the problem I have with GHI, it's a very cool idea but a very annoying cast. The new guy seems like he's trying too hard to be a hard ass and Andy will kiss whatever as is available.
Old 03-06-08, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Anyone watch the season premiere tonight? Pretty good one and creepy as hell. Hopefully they didn't save the best for first though... Glad they got rid of the opening credits.

Oh, and I love Kris.

Old 03-06-08, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by Icculus
That's the problem I have with GHI, it's a very cool idea but a very annoying cast. The new guy seems like he's trying too hard to be a hard ass and Andy will kiss whatever as is available.
I always said if a ghost was able to pull down its pants, Andy would jump to give him a blow job.

Kris is hot. But where did you get the pic? Looks like an actress headshot. Kinda odd for a 'reality' show.
Old 03-06-08, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Looking at her IMDb profile, she has acted in a couple things...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1366043/
Old 03-06-08, 08:37 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Ghost Hunters and UFO Hunters (on History Channel) -
Old 03-06-08, 09:49 AM

Pretty good episode night. I wonder if the team will go back there again to catch more stuff. That guy's lazy eye was freaky!

Oh yeah, Kris looks hot!

Last edited by bigsoos; 03-06-08 at 09:53 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.