Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Ghost Hunters

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-09, 01:34 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: 'Ghost Hunters' Fifth Season

all the lighthouse episodes give me the goosebumps. While the TAPS team seem professional and less scarible, one of the lighthouse incidents where one of the filming crew just freaked out and wouldn't step back into the lighthouse seemed like a geniune response/fear.
Old 03-16-09, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Giles
the controversy was that Jason rigged the coat tug:

http://paranormalactivities.net/2009...rs-collar-tug/

I thought the freakiest glimpse of a captured entity was when the thermo hit a human shaped hot spot looking at the camera from down a hallway.

what I don't like about the show when they hear stuff but we the viewer can't is that SciFi ads their music over the voice/sound effects track so any attempt to actually hear is is almost impossible at times.
Wow, some of those comments...

Hmmm...makes ya think about things and if the show is starting to go downhill a bit and they are resorting to cheap parlor tricks to keep the audience there.

When I was watching the show last weekend, I sort of wonder why they are always filming at one, and for one night only at all these places?

When I had my own personal experiences (which is why I'm believer in these sort of things!), it all happened in broad daylight! And they only happened when I wasn't waiting for and/or expecting it.
Old 03-16-09, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mickey65
I never realized there was any "controversy" over the coat tugging incident??

I saw that and thought it was pretty freaky. It was the Halloween one they just did in October.

Yeah, the Betsy Ross one was a bore. A waste of time. And I get bugged when THEY can hear the voices, but we can't! Even when they do playbacks on the reveal, they don't catch it.

I'm still waiting for the day when they catch an actual apparition just walk right into the cameras in the same room they are in. After 5 seasons, still hasn't happened...

Yeah, they've caught a couple here and there, but I'm talking a REALLY good one...
I stopped watching after the coat tug controversy as well.

Here is what it is all about:

http://www.skepticalviewer.com/2008/...-part-1-grant/

http://www.skepticalviewer.com/2008/...-part-2-jason/

And here is a helpful analysis of the actual video of the "jacket tug."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlM-U...eature=related
Old 03-16-09, 01:39 PM

there's a notion that SciFi wanted a cheap trick added for the live show and that Jason agreed to enact it, but given the fact that he denies such tampering AND he hasn't addressed this on the show, would suggest that SciFi wouldn't let him and shift the problem (finger) in their direction. Essentially biting the hand that feeds you.

Last edited by Giles; 03-16-09 at 02:01 PM.
Old 03-16-09, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

as long as she:

is still on the show I'll continue to DVR it.
Old 03-16-09, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 735 Likes on 537 Posts

I thought the freakiest glimpse of a captured entity was when the thermo hit a human shaped hot spot looking at the camera from down a hallway.
The lighthouse one was pretty frickin' weird, too. Gave me the heebie-jeebies.
Old 03-16-09, 02:09 PM

I'm forgetting the episode title, but there was one where the team captured a series of clear child/woman sounding EVP's and played it back to the woman of the house and she knew the voice and the words they recorded instantly, whereupon she got weepy - it was both freaky and heartbreaking.
Old 03-16-09, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

I've read that after all the set-up and tear-down of the equipment, these guys really spend only a couple hours actually 'investigating.'

I used to love this show, but after so long I just had to call "bullshit" on the deal. Like others have said, just show me something more convincing than what they've managed to capture up to this point.

And reading the links about Collargate only further illustrates what has become known on some sites as the "Grant Effect," which essentially states that he's the mastermind behind most of the fakery.
Old 03-16-09, 02:13 PM

let's just face it, ghosts are extremely camera shy. And even if Ghost Hunters were to film a video/photo/audio capture, what would this prove anyway? Life after death... heaven... things that would put some of our fears to rest (raises hand) - what's wrong with that??

Last edited by Giles; 03-16-09 at 02:16 PM.
Old 03-16-09, 02:52 PM

The show has bored me but since Ive watched from the very begening I havent stopped... but I want to! GHI is worse though. I hate all those morons and ugly chicks, the last season was boring and I wont watch again.

Considering I caught an EVP once by total accident, I think that part is legit, but I wouldnt be suprised if theyre faking their shit. Its really easy to fake their evidence and I called bullshit on that jacket tugging scene when it happened. It looks unnatural.

That Kris chick was hot, but shes been getting fat like her partners and her forehead is getting bigger with some receding hairline. Compared to the other harpies on this show shes hotter than hell though!
Old 03-16-09, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Ravenous
The show has bored me but since Ive watched from the very begening I havent stopped... but I want to! GHI is worse though. I hate all those morons and ugly chicks, the last season was boring and I wont watch again.

Considering I caught an EVP once by total accident, I think that part is legit, but I wouldnt be suprised if theyre faking their shit. Its really easy to fake their evidence and I called bullshit on that jacket tugging scene when it happened. It looks unnatural.

That Kris chick was hot, but shes been getting fat like her partners and her forehead is getting bigger with some receding hairline. Compared to the other harpies on this show shes hotter than hell though!

Same here. Most episodes are really boring but I cant stop watching. I checked out of GHI after the 1st season just because I couldnt stand the team.
Old 03-16-09, 03:51 PM

I've never really seen the girls being "hot" on the show, especially with their eyes lit up all green under the night-lights and all.

And thank god Brian is off the show - both of them. I couldn't stand him!

I have the feeling this MAY be the last season for Ghost Hunters...

In my own personal experiences, I've heard an EVP, seen a misty/fog cloud (which the dog even saw too), and had knocks on the walls in various rooms - all in the same house. Made me a believer - especially since my Mom died in said house!
Old 03-16-09, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
Re: Ghost Hunters

Still the greatest moment ever. Thank you Elijah Burke.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1aNa_x5Zu4U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1aNa_x5Zu4U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 03-16-09, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 735 Likes on 537 Posts

I never understood what they were supposed to do on the show anyways. It's a debunking show. Even for the unexplained things, they are like... well, we don't know what the fuck it is either. It's not as if they actually capture some evidence and pull out a proton pack to hunt it down. I think the day they have some super concrete evidence, they'll shit the bed.
Old 03-16-09, 05:05 PM

I did like that Brian guy, though maybe its cause he wasnt around long enough to hate him.

These idiots are also such pussies. Everthing scares them! I hope they do catch something cause Im sure theyd shit themselves and forget who they were. Than that moron Andy who use to be on would probably come out and try to suck its cock
Old 03-16-09, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There's a reason why they haven't found really good evidence
Old 03-17-09, 09:08 AM

I did like that Brian guy, though maybe its cause he wasnt around long enough to hate him.
Steve and him never got along, I was waiting for the episode where Steve would have given him a knuckle sandwich.
Old 03-17-09, 09:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, Brian was an idiot, but he was an entertaining idiot - and thats what this show really needs when week after week you have nothing but 'personal experiences' that the viewers dont get to experience.
Old 03-17-09, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Strafe
and thats what this show really needs when week after week you have nothing but 'personal experiences' that the viewers dont get to experience.
Or constant promos for Roto-Rooter also...
Old 03-17-09, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Most Haunted is just so much more entertaining all the way around - and lots more happens.

Really looking forward to the return of Ghost Adventures. Extreme ghost hunting - just three guys, no crew, antagonizing the spirits. Love it.
Old 03-17-09, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan1boy
Most Haunted is just so much more entertaining all the way around - and lots more happens.
It's more entertaining to me because the guys on that are so afraid of every noise they hear. They always scream and run away.
Old 03-17-09, 03:17 PM

^ they overreact, it's extremely funny

'eeeck.. a mouse' (runs away flayling arms emitting girlie screams)
Old 03-17-09, 03:19 PM

Steve and him never got along, I was waiting for the episode where Steve would have given him a knuckle sandwich.
Only Steve wouldnt have the balls to do it. Cant fly, cant see a spider without screaming, lives with 50 cats.... He doesnt carry a man card.

Is that other ghost show with those retards that cant stop cussing?
"Did you touch my fucking arm dude?!?! Was that fucking you dude??!?"
That show is even more trashy.

I find it odd that all the GH people, when interviewed discuss their new tattoos. I guess thats where their money goes. How deliciously white trash.
Old 03-17-09, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,225 Likes on 2,081 Posts

Only Steve wouldnt have the balls to do it. Cant fly, cant see a spider without screaming, lives with 50 cats.... He doesnt carry a man card.
Isn't Steve an ex-police officer though. Makes me wonder when he went soft.

Granted they don't catch much on tape but I do like the crew. Grant and Jason seem like cool guys and Steve and Tango always crack me up with their goofing on each other. And I'll walk around a dark mansion alone with Kris Willams anyday.

It's funny how Ghost Hunters International basically has all the Original GH rejects. I've seen Brian and Andy (I think is his name) who were both on GH when it first started.
Old 03-22-09, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Used to be a big fan of the show, but I'll never watch it again after the Halloween 08 special. And I'm not even referring to "Collargate" which was the least of my concerns...more like the whole being cued to flirt with/ask questions to the Miz by a producer, being cued to "walk in a certain area" and them catching it live, and worst of all, "YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HERE!" which cemented these two in my mind as frauds. Hell, I'd sell off the DVDs if I thought my wife wouldn't kill me for it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.