Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Apprentice - 9/16

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-04, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The best part of that boardroom was Ivana's reaction. Stupid Bradford.
Old 09-17-04, 01:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah but is it smart to get rid of your "best guy" as Trump stated. Okay I'm gonna let second best or third best run my multi million dollar company because the number one person showed a little class and balls and laid himself on the line with his fellow teammates. To me that's good leadership qualities...

I'm guessing Trump was offended by the rejection of his precious immunity so much that he fired the guy as an example...

Well we all know Trump makes the best judgements in the biz..
Old 09-17-04, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Timmio
Yeah but is it smart to get rid of your "best guy" as Trump stated.
In the room. Not overall.
Old 09-17-04, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Let's face it.

This may be week 2, but this cast pales in comparison to the original.

And it's pretty clear - no one in today's boardroom is eventually going to win the job anyway.
Old 09-17-04, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Trump did it for the shock-value and ratings and the discussion here is a testament to that. Bradford put his merits up to judge instead of using his free immunity, maybe not the smartest move, but not deserving of negating the rest of the competition. I also think he's keeping Stacie around for ratings, and it really isn't about the competition anymore, then again maybe it never was.

I thought it was funny afterward when Trump asked Carolyn (sp) if she thought he made the right decision and she immediately agreed, I don't think she did.
Old 09-17-04, 02:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,748 Likes on 1,893 Posts
Originally posted by Fok

Seems like Caroline is getting a bit more bitchy in the boardroom.
Yeah, did you notice that when that guy called her "Caroline" it looked like she was going to sprout fangs and horns?
Old 09-17-04, 02:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Josh-da-man
Yeah, did you notice that when that guy called her "Caroline" it looked like she was going to sprout fangs and horns?
Can't say I blame her. As Commander Data once said, "One is my name. The other is not."

I agree though that Carolyn is extra bitchy this season. I like it. Her verbal smackdowns in the boardroom are cracking me up. The producers probably told her to bitch it up this season, it makes for good tv.
Old 09-17-04, 04:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Perhaps I'm crazy, but does anyone see a wierd resemblance
between Stacie and Cameron Diaz?
Old 09-17-04, 06:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ratings are more important to Trump than logic.

He kept saying that if anyone did that in a company they would put the company in grave danger. Did what exactly? Gave up immunity from being fired? Yeah I'm sure that they have little games at IBM to see who gets a free pass from being fired the next time earnings are down.

This year's cast sucks and even more so now without Bradford.
Old 09-17-04, 06:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I guess in Trump's mind he put himself in a precarious position that he did not need to be, and if he did that with a company, it could doom them.

As for Bradford getting booted, it was ridiculous, but it was telegraphed throughout the whole show, so when it happened it was no surprise. I guess Trump is trying to beat Mark Cuban at his own game by tossing people at a whim. Honestly, Trump is an idiot for knowingly getting rid of the strongest player in the room, by his own admission. Trim the fat first. Ivana and Stacy J deserved to go more.

The fact that Bradford was willing to stand behind his performance, which he and all of his team members knew was outstanding, and get eliminated for it is too ridiculous for words.
Old 09-17-04, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by GuessWho
Except that if you win, you're not in the boardroom at all and cannot be subjected to Trump's "whim"
That's if Trump lets you win. He also can control the outcome of each task.

Remember the Penthouse Rental Task from last season. I still say the last minute offer Nick/Amy received was fixed.
Old 09-17-04, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by Jadzia
I agree though that Carolyn is extra bitchy this season. I like it. Her verbal smackdowns in the boardroom are cracking me up. The producers probably told her to bitch it up this season, it makes for good tv.
The least they could do is give her a make-over to go w/ her extra bitchiness. She looks like a poor lawyer's legal secretary or something.
Old 09-17-04, 07:19 AM

Originally posted by movieking
I guess in Trump's mind he put himself in a precarious position that he did not need to be, and if he did that with a company, it could doom them.

As for Bradford getting booted, it was ridiculous, .
I agree with your first statement but I don't see his firing as ridiculous. If anything it makes the competition more "real". I don't know about you, but there are companies that let good employees go because of stupid moves like Bradford made. No, not immunity, but the you can insert any number of reasons. A person does a good job for years and gets canned because of a procedural mistake, or one bad judgment decision - is this not what happens in the real world?

Trump is the boss, he made an executive decision, as many bosses do. Bradford had immunity and should have kept it, the boardroom is no place bravado. He'd already shown himself useful, no one would have thought twice if he used the immunity he earned. It shows he will make a rash decision that could cost a company everything. I would dare say there are others who might prove themselves more deserving in the end, not Ivana or Stacie though.
Old 09-17-04, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by diesteldorf
Perhaps I'm crazy, but does anyone see a wierd resemblance
between Stacie and Cameron Diaz?
Maybe from "Being John Malkovich".
Old 09-17-04, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 326 Likes on 243 Posts
Originally posted by msdmoney

I thought it was funny afterward when Trump asked Carolyn (sp) if she thought he made the right decision and she immediately agreed, I don't think she did.
I thought the same thing...what a kiss-up! I was hoping George would disagree and tell Trump that was an idiotic decision.

How does being proud of the work you've done equate to a decision that could destroy a whole company (as Trump labeled Bradford's decision)? In my opinion, Trump made a stupid mistake last night...good thing this is just a TV show and not a real financially important choice for him (it's not like the winner gets a ton of power in the Trump organization).

By the way, I think the "rules are broken" next week when
Spoiler:
Last year's winner replaces George in the boardroom...that's supposed to happen at some point this season.
Old 09-17-04, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Great Thread!

1) Caroline is a kiss ass and a Yes-Woman. She recomends someone else for the boot, then when Trump makes his decision she says she agrees with it. Therefore, in the Trump organization - don't ever stick with your decision - flip flop to match what your boss thinks

2) "Your the best in the room" but because you decided to stand behind your performance - I'm going to get rid of you! What bone head move was Trump talking about? I could see if this was Survivor, and you give up immunity and then get voted out by your peers (yeah, that is stupid). Or giving up exemption even when you did a bad job (yeah that's stupid).

3) Trump knows he needs to keep his "villians" around in the show longer - so let's get rid of someone who a team player and is confident in his performance.
Old 09-17-04, 08:41 AM

And if you're proud of your work, what does that have to do with giving away your immunity? You can't use your immunity and stand by your work? What makes it even more of an insane decision is no one was questioning his excellent work during this task, so what exactly was he proving by giving it up. Dumb.
Old 09-17-04, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 619 Likes on 498 Posts
That was great , but thanks to NBC's previous hype machine about this boardroom, it was obvious that Bradford was going to get fired after Ivana chose him to come back to the boardroom.

They are trying really hard to make that mophead into another Ponderosa.

The chick on the guy team has got to go. What was with all the questioning about how the ice cream is made. Who the fuck cares - you are not involved in that period.
Old 09-17-04, 09:00 AM

Originally posted by Steam
Ratings are more important to Trump than logic.

He kept saying that if anyone did that in a company they would put the company in grave danger. Did what exactly?
Made an impiulsive decision that could hurt the team for personal gain.

His choice to give up immunity was purely about his ego.
Old 09-17-04, 09:03 AM

I see Mark Cuban is posting in this forum under various names...
Old 09-17-04, 09:04 AM

My guess for how the "rules will be broken" next week:

Spoiler:
Trump gets annoyed again and ends up firing someone from the WINNING team
Old 09-17-04, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

In many ways Trump led Ivana into bringing Bradford into the boardroom. When she said she would bring 2 people into the boardroom, he said something along the lines of, "Why not bring 3? Bradford made a stupid move".

I think Trump was caught so off-guard with Bradford relinquishing immunity that the quick reaction that went in his mind is, "That was stupid and this guy has to go." He then proceeded to manipulate the situation in order to get Bradford in for the final meeting. Trump had made up his mind and I don't think anything Bradford, George/Caroline or the other girls said was going to change his mind at all.

I'm sure the breaking of the rules will be...

Spoiler:
Bradford coming back after Trump thought about what he did and why Bradford offered himself up (which to me, once explained, was a sign of leadership). I also think Bradford and the girl will be switching back to gender lines. There will also be two firings in order to make up for this week

That's just my thoughts though.
Old 09-17-04, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 326 Likes on 243 Posts
I can't see Trump bringing Bradford back. What - first he makes an impuslive firing, now he's going to show how indecisive he is on top of that?! Maybe he'll let someone else do the firing next week...or, as someone already noted, get so mad that he fires two people instead of just one (there are more players this year than last...perhaps because they wanted to do this at some point in the season).
Old 09-17-04, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The point was that in business you don't give up a strategic advantage if you don't need to, and if you do give up the advantage, it can cost you and your company.

In the framework of the game, Bradford demonstrated that he could be bullied/shamed into giving up a strategic advantage with nothing tangible in return, and that is a trait that the Donald wasn't okay with for the Apprentice #2.
Old 09-17-04, 10:52 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

Originally posted by AgtFox

I think Trump was caught so off-guard with Bradford relinquishing immunity that the quick reaction that went in his mind is, "That was stupid and this guy has to go." He then proceeded to manipulate the situation in order to get Bradford in for the final meeting. Trump had made up his mind and I don't think anything Bradford, George/Caroline or the other girls said was going to change his mind at all.
Bingo. You hit the nail on the head. Trump manipulated Ivana fairly easily and got some indecisive jabs in as well.

Bradford may have been the best player in that room, but he was also the biggest moron. Giving up immunity is pure idiocy.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.