DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Apprentice - 9/16 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/385731-apprentice-9-16-a.html)

DRG 09-16-04 11:42 AM

The Apprentice - 9/16

Just a heads up, NBC has this starting at 9:19 PM (8:19 PM Central), and it runs until 11PM (10PM Cental).

Groucho 09-16-04 11:45 AM

Which means that in actuality it'll probably start a 9:14 and end at 11:08 or some nonsense like that.

Red Dog 09-16-04 11:56 AM

Originally posted by Groucho
Which means that in actuality it'll probably start a 9:14 and end at 11:08 or some nonsense like that.

Yep. Stupid NBC and their super-sizing. -ohbfrank- I think last week it was listed to start at 8:30. When I watched my Replay recording of it last night, I had to go 10 minutes in to find the start.

Gil Jawetz 09-16-04 12:24 PM

That makes zero sense. I'm sure Mark Burnett is pissed. It makes that smooth transition from Survivor to Apprentice a mess. Oh well.

jeffkjoe 09-16-04 12:33 PM

The two people I see on the chopping block in the near future:

Raj

that wacked-out African American woman with the crazy hairdo

Groucho 09-16-04 12:38 PM

If you saw last week's extended episode, Raj has already earned the respect of his fellow teammates, despite his eccentricities. He'll be around for a while. As for Staci, she won't last long.

DRG 09-16-04 12:55 PM

Interesting note about tonight's episode... it's listed to run 100 minutes. The replay on CNBC tomorrow is listed to only run 60 minutes, while the Saturday replay on NBC is again beefed up to 120 minutes.

So apparently they had to make three different versions of tonight's episode.

movieking 09-16-04 06:34 PM

I think that Stacie J might last awhile, since they started to build her as a bit of a villain last week. I don't think that they would do this if she was going to go soon.

Patman 09-16-04 09:58 PM

Good grief, that was insane in the boardroom!

Spoiler:
Bradford lived up to my nickname for him, Bradford the boob. He volunteered to give up immunity and Trump made him pay the price for that idiotic decision, even though Stacie or Ivana should have gone home.

conscience 09-16-04 09:59 PM

Wow. Intense.

MrX 09-16-04 10:01 PM

:lol: What a moron

Spoiler:
Ivana should thank him for being such an idiot

Gallant Pig 09-16-04 10:01 PM

wtf....

Gil Jawetz 09-16-04 10:02 PM

Woah. Crazy.

That guy is a moron. He could have played it off by saying that he wasn't the leader and he didn't think he should be separate from the others and that he wanted to support and stand shoulder to shoulder with them..." instead he was like "Duuuuuh... I'm an idiot!" Great stuff.

Sunday Morning 09-16-04 10:06 PM

WTF was that all about? Trump is insane.

Yeah...That person is the best in the room, so i'll fire them.
He's just giving people something to talk about. I guess it works!
I wonder what the chick who couldn't shut up had to say.

Maybe next week's episode that aludes to trump "breaking the rules" is ...
Spoiler:
Him rehiring bradford

The very least....
Spoiler:
give the guy back his clothes for god's sake!

B.A. 09-16-04 10:06 PM

Bradford just bent over and took it in the ass when there was no need to even be in that position. -ohbfrank-

Jeraden 09-16-04 10:10 PM

That was so stupid. And I'm not talking about the person kicked out, I'm talking about Trump's reasoning for it.

LBCrazyFool 09-16-04 10:13 PM

Well... Didn't expect that.

iggystar 09-16-04 10:13 PM

No, if you're going to make a stupid decision like Bradford, "duh, I won't even accept immunity", then he deserved to go.

Ivana was a inept leader. I cracked up when they had 5 million ice cream flavor choices and did choose one until 15 mins. before deadline.

Stacie is a wack job. Hiring temps, why?

Steam 09-16-04 10:15 PM

From the sounds of the cab interview the reasoning behind the fired persons decision was sound but Trump decided to show the one flaw of the show. The fact that its based on his whim and has no real merit behind it. He made the women very weak by making that decision.

Derrich 09-16-04 10:43 PM

Trump made the best decision in the history of reality show 'vote offs'. Brad made a dumb move. A stupid move. And Trump saw that for what it was. Like he said, it's not about who sold ice cream, its about who's gonna run one of his companies.

There was no way for Brad to lose, but he managed to find one. Trump couldn't believe it. There was no way for the guy to lose, but he still managed to find a way to lose! That man should not be in charge of anything, especially not a big (or small) company.

Trump didn't fire Brad on a whim. Trump recognized a truly idiotic move and dealt with it.

D

DRG 09-16-04 11:11 PM

Yeah, if Bradford would've at least explained his situation the way he did in the cab (team unity, etc.) he might've had a fighting chance. Instead, he basically just gloated about how good he was in the competition, etc. The one woman (not Ivana or Stacie) actually looked a little pissed about the decision, probably realizing they lost a good player and she was still stuck with the two bad ones.

Josh-da-man 09-16-04 11:42 PM

I think what pissed off Trump was that Brad gave up an advantage he had rightfully earned. Ultimately, you're competing and you want to perform to best of your ability and not enter a competition with one arm metaphorically tied behind your back.

That, or Trump just thought it would make for compelling television. He's playing to the audience more than anyone else.

I think the real reason Brad did was a show of confidence to impress Trump, and the team unity was just ex post facto reasoning.

I'm not surprised that Stacy (or Stacie?) wasn't fired tonight because it was rather apparent that everyone was ganging up on her to get her booted. So Trump's showing them he's the boss and is going to fire whoever he wants to.

Now, this series is interesting to watch to see how these various people react to the situations they're put in, but there's also something phoney about it. Since everything is based on Trump's final word, there's little point in the competitions. He could decide who he is or isn't going to "hire" before the competition even begins, and then fire accordingly. Since you have three-four people going up against each other, he can protect the players he favors despite their performance in the given challenge.

GuessWho 09-17-04 12:06 AM

Originally posted by Josh-da-man
there's little point in the competitions
Except that if you win, you're not in the boardroom at all and cannot be subjected to Trump's "whim"

Alyoshka 09-17-04 01:07 AM

I think that Trumps decision made sense from a business point of view and ratings. When you're not on the chopping block it is foolish to put yourself there. He seemed to think that the grant of immunity was unecessary. He felt like he was untouchable. Obviously that wasn't the actual case.

Fok 09-17-04 01:11 AM

I thought Trump might of saw the flip side of Bradford's decision.....to be in business sometimes you have to take risks right?
Seems like Caroline is getting a bit more bitchy in the boardroom.