Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor 7: 11/13/03

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor 7: 11/13/03

Old 11-18-03, 02:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 954 Likes on 662 Posts
Anyone else think that Lil is genuinely certifiedly Psycho? Why did she kick Burton out of the immunity challenge? Don't they have a stron pact? Was it just a rouse?

Since she came back I half expect her to tie a noose and slip it on and step off a coconut tree(at which point the knot will come lose of course). She's cursing and bitter and just acting really really random.
Old 11-18-03, 12:15 PM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by tanman
Anyone else think that Lil is genuinely certifiedly Psycho?
Certifiedly stupid.
Old 11-18-03, 01:16 PM

Originally posted by BDLOU
Didn't they take 2 away and add 2 on a day that was normally for the Reward Challenge? They are off on the number of episodes but I think they are still on target for the total amount of days for the survivors.
Oh, ok, so there's still the 39 days, but would this mean that there's an extra episode this time around?
Old 11-18-03, 02:15 PM

Yep, they got rid of the re-cap episode (thankfully) that is usually placed in the middle of the season somewhere. That was replaced with the second half of the "outcast" episode.
Old 11-19-03, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In a sheer fit of boredom, I reviewed Ryan O. and Savage's chats on CBS.com. Here's what I found interesting:

From Ryan's chat:
ruprules01: You were adorable with Pelican Pete Ryan! Just how useless was Osten?
Ryan O: Actually, OT did a lot of work, but the camera wasn't going to show it because he complained a lot and you know, I still consider him a friend. He wasn't quite as much of a whiner as everybody thinks he is.

Michellefan14: Did you have a crush on Nicole? When she was talking, it kind of seemed like you did. Also, who do think is the hottest SURVIVOR ever?
Ryan O: No, absolutely not. I was never attracted to Nicole. She might have thought so, but that wasn't the case. I was more attracted to Darrah. And out of all of them, lookswise--Jesse Comacho.

CyberJoeCool: Now that you have been voted out, who are you rooting for?
Ryan O: I'm actually rooting for Darrah. I've got a great respect for how tough the girl is...and I also like her.

rink: Most irritating voice: Christa or Tijuana?
Ryan O: Christa, for sure.

mykona: Was Jon a real jerk or did he just play one on TV??
Ryan O: Jon just played one for TV but in reality he was an all right kid.

Ryan O: Osten had pus filled holes in his body that needed to be cleaned out regularly. It was pretty disgusting. I'm not exactly sure what it was.

queenraw: Were there ever any sparks between you and Darrah?
Ryan O: I think from my point of view, yes, but from hers, no. I wasn't going to cross any boundaries because she has a boyfriend of 2 years and they plan on getting engaged.

booo: Ryan: Who do you think is the most untrustworthy person of the remaining players?
Ryan O: Out of all of 'em I would say Lill, and Jon's a close second.
Much more at: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivo...no/ryano.shtml
Old 11-19-03, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From Savage's chat:

Andrew: In my opinion, Jon absolutely does not deserve to stay.

Andrew: What you didn't see is that after the feast, Rupert and I had an alliance. There were three Morgans and three Drakes. A handful of minutes before we got into the boat to go to Tribal Council Lill decided to jump ship and side with the Drake tribe. As soon as she did that, my alliance with Rupert disappeared. There was no reason for the Drakes to align with the Morgans because with Lill the Drakes had superior numbers.

Andrew: What you don't see is Osten gathering oysters and muscles and firewood every day and contributing to the tribe.

Andrew: ...no one will convince me that Lill or Burton outwitted, outlasted or outplayed me because they were voted off before me fair and square.

ROGNA: Do you think Jon could have a bright future as a manager for a pro wrestler?
Andrew: [laughs] I think Jon has a bright future in an industry that requires a personality that pushes everyone's buttons and creates great controversy and attention. He is no doubt a master in those skills.

Andrew: We had Rupert on our island for two days. Rupert caught four fish. When Rupert is on his island for two days, Rupert catches thirty fish. Rupert's island is an aquarium. The lagoon on our island had very few fish. Regardless of the fishing skills, if you don't have many fish to catch you're not going to catch any.

Andrew: I learned that the Drakes voted Shawn out instead of Jon because they feared the return of Burton and a resurrection of the Shawn-Burton alliance.

Andrew: Darrah was a lot more active than you actually see on television. She had quite a bit more input and interaction with the Morgan tribe. Unfortunately, it's an hour-long television show and CBS can only show so much. Darrah is a great gal, tough as nails and I hope she does well.

ROGNA: Have any of your opinions about the people on the show changed after you have seen it aired? If so, how?
Andrew: I would say that my dislike for Little Jon has increased, which was hard for me to imagine. My respect for Tijuana, Darrah, Ryan O. and Osten has increased when I see that the Drake tribe was experiencing the Survivor game while on Club Med.
More at: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivo...w/andrew.shtml
Old 11-19-03, 03:04 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Y2K Falcon

From Savage's chat:
Andrew: What you don't see is Osten gathering oysters and muscles and firewood every day and contributing to the tribe.

IMO, Osten is still a loser, because he quit no matter what.

From Savage's chat:
Andrew: We had Rupert on our island for two days. Rupert caught four fish. When Rupert is on his island for two days, Rupert catches thirty fish. Rupert's island is an aquarium. The lagoon on our island had very few fish. Regardless of the fishing skills, if you don't have many fish to catch you're not going to catch any.

He wasn't complaining when he was overjoyed to have Rupert there, and it seems now like he's just whining by claiming the Drake's island was a lagoon....

From Savage's chat:
ROGNA: Have any of your opinions about the people on the show changed after you have seen it aired? If so, how?
Andrew: I would say that my dislike for Little Jon has increased, which was hard for me to imagine. My respect for Tijuana, Darrah, Ryan O. and Osten has increased when I see that the Drake tribe was experiencing the Survivor game while on Club Med.

And as for this...well, it was Club Med for them because they were a good tribe, it's not Drake's fault Morgan was full of losers..
I don't know! Just seems to me like Andrew is just as bitter now as he was then because he got stuck with the shitty team!

Last edited by Vegas9203; 11-19-03 at 03:06 PM.