Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor 7: 11/13/03

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-03, 03:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What a weird episode.

As much as I see Rupert act like a bastard, I can't tell if he's a crazy guy, or a smart guy pretending to be crazy. I've known a few "mentors" in my time, and they really know how to turn their emotions on and off to scare people. But they're also often very highly sensative.

Burton/Lil just annoy me. I guess I'm in the camp that thinks they were voted off and shouldn't have had a chance to get back.

This was the first episode of the show I really didn't like very much.

When Rupert goes, I'll not be too interested in the show anymore. I'm missing Andrew too, even though I didn't care too much for the guy, he was a big part of the show.

I kind of hope they vote Rupert off and then starve for the rest of the time and really regret it.

How sucky would it be if Rupert/Christa/Sandra get in with the Morgan girls, then boot off Jon, Burton, Lil, then eventually Rupert again? damn, those four people would make baaaaad TV.
Old 11-15-03, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too found this episode less appealing than those previously aired, not only because of the lame challenge, but the Lil/Burton alliance. Rupert should have kept the breakfast and taken Burton with him, not give it up completely.

I never thought it could happen, but Lil is more irritating than ever. She professes to want to play the game, yet tells Burton she will do whatever he tells her. What an idiotic thing to say! She has no business being back in the game, and I would never want her to be my son's troop leader.
Old 11-15-03, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Hmmm, I never thought it was bizarre editing, but Burton and the others not wanting to show Rupert they were gunning for him. Maybe that wasn't the case!
Old 11-15-03, 05:12 PM

Although my girl thinks that Burton is the most handsome player to ever be on "Survivor," I am so completely annoyed by the way this man speaks. He is obviously intelligent and articulate, but he has such a nasal, unemotional, monotonous drone to his voice when he speaks. According to his bio, he is a marketing executive. I would guess that the position would call for some type of dynamic presentation of oneself. To me, at least, he sounds like some computer geek. I also find his presence, and Lil's, to be very irritating; considering they have not "outwitted," "outlasted" or "outplayed" any of the players not previously voted off the islands. It seems the producers are running low on originality when they have to borrow tactics from "Big Brother," by letting previously kicked-off players back into a game.
Old 11-15-03, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, it defeats the whole slogan of this show when outcasts are placed back into the game.
Old 11-15-03, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,935 Likes on 1,496 Posts
I wonder how many people (both on Survivor and watching) would be really ticked if an Outcast actually won the game. I mean, people are mad that they're back in it at all, but if one of them wins it...

At first, I didn't understand why the female Morgans would want to get rid of Ryno at the immunity challenge, but I guess if he won immunity, one of them would have gone instead. They seemed to make very little effort to get another alliance going, but I guess that's in keeping with their character. I love how both of them liked it better when they were a separate tribe, and could talk more and be themselves, instead of having to work...

I don't know if I'd want Jon next to me at the end. If he gets there, he will have played a pretty good game. And after last year's terrible Survivor outcome, I wouldn't trust the jury to pick someone more deserving... I swear, if Jon or Lil wins, I'll be livid...

I wonder what Rupert's plan is... he can't believe that either Sandra or Christa would pick him for the final two, if they were the final three. Does he plan to just win immunity from here on out?
Old 11-16-03, 04:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally posted by atlantamoi
Hmmm, I never thought it was bizarre editing, but Burton and the others not wanting to show Rupert they were gunning for him. Maybe that wasn't the case!
If they wanted him off, and it's clear that everyone wanted him off then it would be simple, deny him the ability to get immunity and there you go. who cares if he bitches. everyone already showed they planned to get him out so it made no sense to not get rid of his chances there regardless of what protest he put up.

I think it's more on the editing right now.
Old 11-16-03, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This was the perfect immunity to get him out as well. But I think the former Drakes want more of a lead before they start voting off their own. I think they may do it this week though. I have a question though. Don't they have the choice of giving the immunity away at tribal council? They didn't show Jeff asking Rupert if he wanted to. Maybe they didn't ask him either because they would obviously want Rupert in for as long as possible becuase they knew he would be a fan favorite. They didn't even want to give him the option since they knew of all the scheming going on behind his back. I doubt thats the case but who knows.
Old 11-16-03, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ok, I can kind of see that maybe they don't wish to get Rupert out of the tribe yet. So then why didn't they go after the "Outcasts" first? Especially Burton, who is not only an Outcast but a physical threat as well. I would think the other Survivors would be determined to get risdo f the people taht they don't feel deserve to be back in the game. Since this is the first tribal council they could have voted for one of them, I am surprised they were not a target.
Old 11-16-03, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I still dont buy the whole morgan wanting to get advantage. from the way I saw it, John was already on the morgan/outcast alliance so it would leave only sandra and christa vs. five. the odds are stacked against the former drake right now.
Old 11-16-03, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally posted by BDLOU
I have a question though. Don't they have the choice of giving the immunity away at tribal council? They didn't show Jeff asking Rupert if he wanted to.
They haven't given the option to give away immunity every season (maybe two or three of them?), and I think the only reason Burton got to was because he had double immunity.

I would assume that because Rupert wasn't asked, no one else will be either. But, who knows?
Old 11-16-03, 09:45 PM

Originally posted by buskerdog
BTW, before the season Jeff said that there was some big "lie" that threw everyone for a loop. ... Has it happened already?
Nope it hasn't. My guess is it will happen in two weeks. Episode 10 is title "The Great Lie" and is scheduled to air on 11.26.03 (a Wednesday?).
Old 11-16-03, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Wow. Does that really mean there are only 4 more episodes?
Old 11-16-03, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The big "regret" has already happened though, it happened in the first episode with the Outcasts. I think it was ment to be Osten quiting.
Old 11-16-03, 10:55 PM

If Osten was the big regret (and I think you are right that it is), then I'm not holding out much hope for a spectacular "big lie". I hope I'm wrong about this
Old 11-17-03, 02:37 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Go Jonny Fairplay woooooooooooo. Off with Rupert and Lil's heads.
Old 11-17-03, 06:58 AM

Remember people, they still have one extra person than they should at this point, because of the time they kicked off two players and brought back two Outcasts...That week, the numbers didn't change...To fit the schedule, they should be down to 7 right now, but there's 8 in the game still...If it's supposed to be the normal 39 days, then they need to make this up somewhere along the line...
Old 11-17-03, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by potvin48
Remember people, they still have one extra person than they should at this point, because of the time they kicked off two players and brought back two Outcasts...That week, the numbers didn't change...To fit the schedule, they should be down to 7 right now, but there's 8 in the game still...If it's supposed to be the normal 39 days, then they need to make this up somewhere along the line...
Didn't they take 2 away and add 2 on a day that was normally for the Reward Challenge? They are off on the number of episodes but I think they are still on target for the total amount of days for the survivors.
Old 11-17-03, 08:17 AM

BDLOU you are correct. They are on track for 39 days.
Old 11-17-03, 08:22 AM

What if the "Big Lie" is that the outcasts really had any chance of winning this game at all? I mean what if they were just brought back as spoilers and they can't really make it to the final two no matter how hard they want to/try? Maybe Jeff is going to come on and say "Ok, that was fun, but you two are not really in this, hit the beach?"

I'll bet it's something along those lines.
Old 11-17-03, 09:07 AM

I thought the "big lie" was dealing with a contestant that is not what he or she appears to be ??
Old 11-17-03, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If Osten was the big regret (and I think you are right that it is), then I'm not holding out much hope for a spectacular "big lie". I hope I'm wrong about this.
Me either. Though Probst seemed way more into the "big lie" than the "big regret" as if it was a bigger deal to him, and he DID seem to really hate the whole Osten thing.

Just to confirm, Probst said on Ellen that the big regret would occur on "tonights episode" which would have been the Outcast one. Just in case anyone was wondering where I got that info.
Old 11-17-03, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Vonner
Episode 10 is title "The Great Lie" and is scheduled to air on 11.26.03 (a Wednesday?).
November sweeps ends on the 26th. Expect Friends to move as well (just a guess on my part).

I take it back. I see NBC has already adjusted things by having one episode of QEFTSG, and two L&O.

Last edited by Y2K Falcon; 11-17-03 at 11:37 AM.
Old 11-17-03, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by BizRodian
What a weird episode.

As much as I see Rupert act like a bastard, I can't tell if he's a crazy guy, or a smart guy pretending to be crazy. I've known a few "mentors" in my time, and they really know how to turn their emotions on and off to scare people. But they're also often very highly sensative.
I think it's pretty obvious that Rupert is a pretty smart guy who is also a little bit crazy. I'm pretty sure he wasn't faking it when he was screaming at Jon. Rupert's a mentor for troubled teens, no doubt because he was a troubled teen himself.

I'm rooting for him because he's by far the most compotent player they've got. They could've given him nothing but that spear and he'd probably be fine out there. I don't remember any season where they've eaten so well. Even when Richard was catching all those fish in season one he still lost a ton of weight and you'd never hear anyone say they had enough food. This season it's more like, "Oh, no no, I'm good. You take that last bit."
Old 11-17-03, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Rupert has already mentioned that he used to be the fat kid that the other kids picked on.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.