TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

NCIS (CBS) --- Series Discussion Thread

Old 04-29-09, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: NCIS -- "Legend" -- Spinoff Pilot starring LL Cool J & Chris O'Donnell -- 4/28/09

I'll probably like the spinoff cast much better once they are on their own show. Just like when NCIS spun off of JAG, I didn't care for the NCIS people then. Of course, I love them in their own show. I've wanted to go back & watch those JAG episodes but don't know which ones they were.
Old 04-29-09, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: NCIS -- "Legend" -- Spinoff Pilot starring LL Cool J & Chris O'Donnell -- 4/28/09

I like how the producers introduce their spin-off shows. It makes the transition easier than just dropping them on the schedule.

With that said, it was prettty good. Tony and Ziva's personal issue is coming to a head while Gibbs' past comes back to haunt him again.
Old 04-29-09, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
I hope the NCIS producers come up with a decent name. NCIS: OSP or NCIS: LA would be really lame.
I can hear the promo now:
"Tonight on CBS - NCIS:OSP with LL Cool J"
Old 04-30-09, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I was bored with the new characters. They also seemed to be too young to be ineteracting with Gibbs on an equal footing. The technology just seemed like some touchscreen user interface. Two thumbs down for the new show.
Old 04-30-09, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll give it one thumb up, one down. I agree with the casting of Louise Lombard, she'd be better off back on CSI. I was actually surprised by how much I liked Chris O'Donnell's character so I'll definitelty give the spin-off a shot, but I do hope the team leader gets recast.
Old 05-05-09, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

NCIS -- "Legend Part 2" -- LL Cool J/Chris O'Donnell spinoff pilot -- 5/5/09

Photobucket

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Conclusion. Gibbs and McGee continue their hunt for the terrorist in Los Angeles; and Tony questions Ziva regarding her relationship with Rivkin. G. Callen: Chris O'Donnell. Sam Hanna: LL Cool J.

If you watched last week, this is Part 2 of the NCIS spinoff backdoor Pilot with LL Cool J and Chris O'Donnell. Last week was a pretty solid episode. Looking forward to the conclusion.
Old 05-05-09, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: NCIS -- "Legend Part 2" -- LL Cool J/Chris O'Donnell spinoff pilot -- 5/5/09

what did the psychologist say to Gibbs about his past w/ Mace towards the end?
Old 05-05-09, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: NCIS -- "Legend Part 2" -- LL Cool J/Chris O'Donnell spinoff pilot -- 5/5/09

Originally Posted by B.A. View Post
what did the psychologist say to Gibbs about his past w/ Mace towards the end?
He told Gibbs that Macy had buried the evidence that Gibbs' killing of a drug lord 18 years earlier was basically a revenge killing for his wife and daughter, and that Macy had protected Gibbs all these years. Gibbs seemed to process the info and gave Macy a nod (via the surveillance camera) that he understood, basically letting her off the hook (for the hard time he had been giving her.)
Old 05-05-09, 11:33 PM

I enjoy NCIS because of the chemistry of the cast. So far, I'm not feeling any chemistry with this new group. I was also a little confused with the storyline cuz I thought Ziva boyfriend was also a terrorist.
Old 05-05-09, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Mysteryfan View Post
I enjoy NCIS because of the chemistry of the cast. So far, I'm not feeling any chemistry with this new group. I was also a little confused with the storyline cuz I thought Ziva boyfriend was also a terrorist.
Same could have been said when the NCIS crew was introduced during Jag. This is only an introduction to the characters. Cast chemistry doesn't really develop until they all actually work together during the course of a full season.
Old 05-06-09, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I really like that Renko guy for some reason. The Kenzi? chick and psychologist guy I didn't care for particularly. That interactive screen stuff has got to go. Did they watch Quantum of Solace and think people would be wowed by a less impressive version?
Old 05-06-09, 03:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Didnt expect the drive-by at the end.
Old 05-06-09, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by the big train View Post
That interactive screen stuff has got to go.
I think it's a CBS thing. CSI Miami is into the sexy computer screen thing for a coupla months now.
Old 05-19-09, 05:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

NCIS -- Season Finale -- "Aliyah" -- 5/19/09

NCIS

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

In the sixth-season finale, the team travels to Israel, where Ziva has an uneasy reunion with her father (Michael Nouri); Tony has a confrontation with Rivkin; and Gibbs makes an important decision that reverberates throughout NCIS.

Looking forward to this episode and hopefully they answer all these lingering questions with Ziva.
Old 05-20-09, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

NCIS - "Aliyah" - 5/19/09

Two seasons in a row end with Ziva back in Israel (or at least, not at NCIS).

Interesting twist on the story about Ari.

I also loved how DiNozzi ended up playing the Mossad director like a fiddle.
Old 05-20-09, 02:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Re: NCIS - "Aliyah" - 5/19/09

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/555...5-19-09-a.html

It got bumped down to page 2 with the large glut of stuff being talked about. I still need to watch this before the week is over.
Old 05-20-09, 06:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Great episode. Just hoping the team doesn't lose another female team member to violence.

Tony and the Mossad Director was a call-back to A Few Good Men. Gibbs was right, Tony CAN handle himself.

McGhee and the lame hard drive joke - come on, how many of us have run a joke into the ground because we thought it was funny.

Nice to see Arnold V (the Mummy and Chuck's nemesis) on the scene!
Old 05-20-09, 08:02 AM

I don't believe the whole new angle about Ziva and Ari. If Ziva was sent to kill him, she had plenty of opportunities to do so before Gibb's place, and she didnt have tro wait so long to gain his trust, putting a bullet in his head and then presenting the corpse to Gibbs would have been good enough. I think the Mossad director is just trying to make a bad situation look good for himself.
Old 05-20-09, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Disneyboy View Post
I don't believe the whole new angle about Ziva and Ari. If Ziva was sent to kill him, she had plenty of opportunities to do so before Gibb's place, and she didnt have tro wait so long to gain his trust, putting a bullet in his head and then presenting the corpse to Gibbs would have been good enough. I think the Mossad director is just trying to make a bad situation look good for himself.
Possible. But if Ziva just shows up and offs Ari, Gibbs says thanks and she goes back to Israel. This way, Gibbs feels like he won her over and that she sacrificed a beloved relative for his sake.
Old 05-20-09, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by N2DVD View Post

Nice to see Arnold V (the Mummy and Chuck's nemesis) on the scene!
Wasn't he also the bad guy in one of the season's of 24?
Old 05-20-09, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

He was Marwan the magician.
Old 09-22-09, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ncis - 09/22

What an outstanding season premiere. Loved how they used the circumstances to introduce the main characters for any new viewers. And, Tony's movie references while he was under duress were great. This show continues to get better and better - so much so that the LA version was meh right after.
Old 09-22-09, 11:55 PM

Re: Ncis - 09/22

I agree, it was an excellent way to kick off the season. This is my favorite drama on TV on right. I enjoyed NCIS:LA but it didn't hold a cadle to this episode.
Old 09-23-09, 03:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Loved when the one possible replacement came running out of her meeting with Gibbs crying. This was a nice episode.
Old 09-23-09, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Strike one!

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.