Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Second Season "Project Greenlight" this Sunday!

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Second Season "Project Greenlight" this Sunday!

Old 07-28-03, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Decker
If there was someone even remotely smart there on that set, they might have pointed out that the one scene that could have been shot somewhere else was the limo converstation, since it's just an interior shot. Maybe they should have done that one last and started with the scenes outside the church. Perhaps if Chris ever took his head out of his box of donuts, he might have noticed that.
I noticed that as well. Seemed silly.

But, part of the scene had the limo moving. Maybe they thought the background was too distinctive?

Can't think of any other reason
Old 07-29-03, 02:36 AM
Banned

Here's the trailer for the movie:
http://progressive.stream.aol.com/ao...ts_trlr_dl.mov
Old 07-29-03, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ok, that trailer is nothing like what we've seen on the PG show. This reminds me of when the movie Striptease was originally set up to be a drama, but then all the trailers started playing up the funny parts of the movie and you thought it was a comedy.

Now I'm wondering if they took all the dramatic parts out of the movie. I'm also wondering if this is the original intent of the writer - to make it a comedy. Is this why she has been cringing during the melodramatic scenes?
Old 07-29-03, 02:19 PM

Missed Project Greenlight Episodes #19 and #20

Didn't have DirecTV while I was moving and I finally should get it hooked up today. I can get episode #21 later on this week, but I missed episodes #19 and #20. Anyone know where I can find them online perhaps? I already check my newsgroups, but no one seems to have them.

Thanks.

Matt
Old 07-29-03, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Since they're copyrighted, there isn't a 'legal' way of getting them online.

And 'illegal' ways aren't to be discussed on this forum.
Old 07-29-03, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

HBO doesnt repeat?

I try not to watch as that Shia kid is the most annoying thing to hit the tv screen.
Old 07-29-03, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

he is a cocky little tyke, then again so are Efram and Kyle
they will repeat the whole lot again I am betting before the DVD release.
Old 07-29-03, 08:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The screenplay that I read was really funny: lots of sarcastic lines, etc. It seems like on the show they are only showing the dramatic scenes, which in the screenplay did not seem that dramatic.
Old 07-29-03, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think Shia is awesome not sure were you guys seeg the cockiness, Efram and Kyle on the other hand are pretty annoying. I'd like to see the both get leveled with a 2x4.

Last edited by WhattheFFF; 07-30-03 at 01:21 AM.
Old 07-30-03, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

wow, I like Shia... he seems to understand films a lot more than the average young guy in hollywood... but then again, it's not like I'd seen many others in a format like this, so who knows...

anyway, I don't see the cockiness at all, really.
Old 08-04-03, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Project Greenlight 08-03-03

These directors run their set like a police state! "Do it our way or not at all", "don't talk about lines in front of the actors".

Trying to fire a guy over an argument even though the guy has done a boat-load of movies? So, what were they expecting? A new sound guy would just drive right up and they could continue filming?

What difference does it make if people make suggestions in front of the actors? Were they afraid the actors would think they (the directors) don't have control or a clear vision? The fact is, these guys can't even keep things straight between themselves.
Old 08-04-03, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, the "don't make us look bad in front of the actors" has already been covered before. But I think if these guys get another movie to direct, they won't have the screenwriter with as much input as Erica has been given, so it might give them a chance to be the lil' despots we all know they can be.

I couldn't believe Efram couldn't let the snide sarcasm from the sound dude go either. Efram is not endearing himself to the technical crews in Hollywood with his initial foray into movie-making.

I was ROTFLMAO when Shia was having a tough time with his scene in the grocery store. Plus seeing Chris Moore cajoling the directors to move on move on to the next scenes was funny too. How many 16 years old do you know that get to put the moves on Amy Smart with their mom watching on the set?

Ray Wise's bit was also funny.

Last edited by Patman; 08-04-03 at 07:21 AM.
Old 08-04-03, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Was it just me, or did the Project Greenlight cameraman have a serious fling with J-Lo's butt?
Old 08-04-03, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Patman
Was it just me, or did the Project Greenlight cameraman have a serious fling with J-Lo's butt?

Yeah, I kinda noticed that too.
Old 08-04-03, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Patman
Is there anythinig wrong with that?

I've been really diggin' this season. I didn't catch the first season. But I like this season so much b/c of Shia, & Chris Moore. Efram really annoys me, it seems he annoys everyone.
Old 08-04-03, 08:28 PM

Theres know why in hell that Efram and and the other moron well ever be offered another feature film to direct again. Project Greenlight is a reality show made for audience entertainment. These two A HOLES well never see another directing job again. Efram showed what a putz he is when he tried too have the sound guy fired. In the end the movie well suck and Efram well drive home too maine in his old car that leaks oil and for the rest of his life he well be know in Maine as the great Project Greenlight contest winner, which well go along nicely with his employee of the month awards hell receive for his great service in running the drive throw window at the local burger king in maine. I really believe that Eframs greatest achievement was not directing the film. It was convincing chris moore to let him drive a $50,000 Land Rover For a few weeks during the films production. Which is something that eframs family and future generations of eframs can always take tremendous pride in.

Last edited by SERPICO7; 08-04-03 at 11:48 PM.
Old 08-04-03, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

"Wahhh. I want a new sound man."

"There is only eight days of filming left. Let's work something out."

"Wahhhh. He is speaking his mind and I don't like that. Wahhhh."

These directors will probably have to give sexual favors to get another job. All I have to say to them is don't go back to Miramax.

Old 08-05-03, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 3,042 Likes on 2,015 Posts
Actually, I think the sound guy totally overreacted. It seemed like a pretty reasonable request that the sound guy totally blew up at.

BTW: Was the woman who played the yuppie mom in "Shaker Heights" the same woman who was Tim Matheson's wife (and Chevy Chase's girlfriend) in Fletch? She's not listed in the credits at IMBD.
Old 08-05-03, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally posted by Decker

BTW: Was the woman who played the yuppie mom in "Shaker Heights" the same woman who was Tim Matheson's wife (and Chevy Chase's girlfriend) in Fletch? She's not listed in the credits at IMBD.

You are correct, sir.

The actress is Dana Wheeler-Nicholson, co-star of the original FLETCH and THE BATTLE OF SHAKER HEIGHTS.

Now, altogether, let's sing the Fletch theme: "Bit by bit, one way or another..."
Old 08-08-03, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Anyone catch Shia on Leno last night? Boy, does he got a lot of personality and a good vibe about him. He wasn't all that intimidated by much of anything. Pretty good head on his shoulders for a 17 year old. He was riffing well with Megan Mullany (the guest before him) and also with Jay.
Old 08-08-03, 01:17 PM

Shia is reminding me of a young John Cusack. I think he could be a big star.
Old 08-08-03, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

And with the shorter haircut, he's not so "jewish" looking as he was while filming "The Battle of Shaker Heights".
Old 08-08-03, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

There's an article on Shia in this week's Entertainment Weekly ("The Hits and Misses of the Summer movies" issue). He really does look different without the longer curly/permed hair from his Project Greenlight days.
Old 08-10-03, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Project Greenlight 08/10/03

A 48?? Didn't they say bad movies get a 55? Doesn't look good.

Someone posted a few weeks back: Chris Moore always seems to be eating when they show him. His first two scenes were lunch meetings.

Only two weeks left
Old 08-10-03, 11:19 PM

If anybody is interested to see the trailer to The Battle of Shaker Heights you can watch it at http://www.apple.com/trailers/. It's pretty interesting to see the tone of it after watching how they struggled with that so much on this week's episode. And for what it's worth, I think the preview makes it look pretty good.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.