24 04/15/03

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-03, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
24 04/15/03

Day 2: 2:00 - 3:00AM

Spoiler:
Jack continues to look for proof the Cyprus audio tape is a fake; President Palmer is torn between launching a surprise attack or calling off the operation altogether.

Will Kim continue to be annoying?
Will the President overact (just a bit) again?
Will the Middle Eastern countries ever be named?

Tune in to find out.
Old 04-15-03, 08:14 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Can't wait!
Old 04-15-03, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's hope that Kim will finally be revealed as the mole. Maybe a strip-search is in order(hey, a guy can dream, right?)
Old 04-15-03, 01:24 PM

Any spoiler report this week?? ::crosses fingers:: I'm a sucker for those
Old 04-15-03, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It was pretty good.
Spoiler:
Show starts with the President in a meeting with the military. The military is pushing him to launch the strikes. The President tells them to wait, because Jack has reason to believe that the phone calls are fake. Yusuf, Jack, and Kate in the hospital with the chip. Jack calls the President, but can't get ahold of him because he is in a meeting. Jack calls Tony and tells him that they have the chip. Jack tells Tony to call the President. Yusuf finds out a tracking device is attached to the chip and that is how the guys found them at the warehouse. Yusuf gets the tracking device off the chip when Jack sees some more of those bad guys driving up. He finds out the tracker still works, so he takes the tracker with him and tells Yusuf and Kate to take the chip back to CTU. Tony calls the President and tells him that Jack has the evidence now. Mike tries to convince the President that they need to attack the 3 countries now, but the President still wants to wait. The bad guys find the tracking thing in a room and see Jack running away. They radio people in cars and they surround Jack. One of them tazers Jack and they capture him. Lynne tells Mike that she has heard that the vice president and the cabinet are holding a meeting, without them or the president. Jack is shown being tortured, when a guy in a helicopter calls and wants to talk to Jack. He tries to convice Jack to give up the location of the chip and says he will wire a large sum of money to Jack's bank account. Jack declines and tells Ronnie(one of the guys torturing Jack) to get the location of the chip by any means necessary. Ronnie has a scalpal with acid on it and cuts Jack. Michelle and Carrie start fighting again and Tony sees it. Tony calls Michelle into his office and asks the problem. Michelle says that her brother had a wife and kids and Carrie made him leave them and then she got bored of him and left him. She says it almost caused her brother to kill himself. Suddenly her brother shows up to CTU and is nervous about hte nuke that went off. He sees Carrie and snaps. He starts screaming at her and then he starts choking her, before some guys pull him off and sedate him. Mike confirms to Lynne that he found out the vice president is having a meeting and tells Lynne to meet him ina closet up stairs. Michelle is crying in a corner when Tony comes up to her and consoles her and then they start making out. Carrie sees them. Jack is being tortured some more and he passes out. Ronnie wakes him up with something. The guy calls Ronnie again and tells him to get the chip. Mike is with Lynne in the closet and asks Lynne if she is behind the President with his decision. Mike said he is afraid of that and locks her in the closet with an agent waiting by the door so she can't get out. Yusuf and Kate are waiting outside the hospital for Jack and decide that something must have went wrong and that they should leave. They get in the vehicle and some white power guys come up and blame Yusuf for the bomb and pull a gun on him. They get him out and Yusuf reverses it and steals the gun and tells the guys to get on the ground. Yusuf doesn't see one guy behind him and he knocks Yusuf on the ground. All of them start beating on Yusuf when Kate tries to stop them. They slap Kate to the ground. Tony calls Michelle and asks about her brother. She says she is ok and then says she is sorry about kissing him. Tony says it is alright and don't be sorry. Jack is being tortured and he passes out again. The other guy torturing Jack says that it is too much and they are going to kill him and then wakes him up again. They threaten to kill him and say that Jack doesn't want Kim to be an orphan. They tazer Jack twice. Jack passes out again and Ronnie tells the other guy to wake him up again. Jack won't wake up this time. The show ends with Jack on the floor dead and Ronnie giving him cpr. No Kim at all this episode.
Old 04-15-03, 02:57 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
Holy S**t!
Old 04-15-03, 03:11 PM

Thanks Blaster!
Old 04-15-03, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Trust me guys
Spoiler:
Jack won't die, read tv guide
Old 04-15-03, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Rypro PG-13
Trust me guys
Spoiler:
Jack won't die, read tv guide
Ha! I wish!
Old 04-15-03, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Blaster1
No Kim at all this episode
Best part of the whole episode!!
Old 04-15-03, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Holy carp!!! Awesome episode.

Spoiler:
I knew it, Mike IS involved somehow. That little weasel.

Woohoo!!! No Kim today.
Old 04-15-03, 09:06 PM
Suspended

Yeah, there's no suspense as to whether or not
Spoiler:
jack is going to come back to life
Old 04-15-03, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

easily the best and most violent episode of the year. Since the episode has ended in the east coast, I am spoiling this for those on the west, so don't read

First,
I honestly didn't see Mike, the advisor. going against the president. I mean, he has not agreed with Palmer with the bomb, but him going behind his back to side with whats his face, was not expected. Also, Jacks little beating and supposed death was indeed quite graphic in content and in violence so that was a bit tough to watch. Anyone else think that Tony and Michelle might start some kind of relationship. Also, the guys beating up Yousev and Kate wasn't expected as well
Anybody see the prieveiw for the episode
Spoiler:
when Chapelle talks to Tony, it appears that he quits, or wants to quit. And an advisor and Lynne fight on a stairwell and then SHE GETS THROWN OVER THE EDGE LIKE 5 STORIES ON HER BACK AND DIES INSTANTLY!!! Oh, man, I can't wait for next week, and no sign of kim next week as well
Old 04-15-03, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hmm.. See, I thought that was a terrible episode. Pretty much everything that happened was exactly what wouldn't happen.

Jack is willing to leave the delivery of the chip to those two?
Youssef gets out of the car to wait for Jack and then gets beat up because a fire truck almost runs him over?
Jack and Youssef don't just kill the bad guys?
Old 04-15-03, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by leepyswetr
Hmm.. See, I thought that was a terrible episode. Pretty much everything that happened was exactly what wouldn't happen.

Jack is willing to leave the delivery of the chip to those two?
Yeah, this was the part that didn't ring true for me as well. He's killed a bunch of people, been in a plane crash, pretended to kill a child, etc. and now he leaves the delivery of the only proof that can prevent war to a non-agent and a middle-eastern guy he just met?

By the way, Jack is stronger than me. As soon as I saw the utensils of pain, I would be blabbing away like a madman.

Honk!
Old 04-15-03, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I saw it as, they were waiting for Jack to get there, (which he said he would), and he didn't show up, Youssef gets in the truck, almost gets hit, and then unexpectingly gets the crap beat out of him which in the end
Spoiler:
unless somethin wierd happens, he gets shot point blank in the head.
Old 04-15-03, 09:35 PM

This show is getting more and more rediculous every week. I thought Kim missing would be a good thing, but they replaced her storyline with a retarded one about that chick's brother. It boggles my mind how many stupid and contrived events are occuring to just stretch this show out. Too bad this show wasn't called 12. There is enough material here for 12 very good episodes, but not 24.
Old 04-15-03, 10:00 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Easily the worst episode of 24 ever. What was the "big twist" supposed to be? Certainly not Jack's "death," since we know the show doesn't have the balls to kill off its lead.

Also, a question because I missed an explanation at the beginning: why will 20,000 troops die under the president's current plan?
Old 04-15-03, 10:05 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally posted by shaggybrown
This show is getting more and more rediculous every week. I thought Kim missing would be a good thing, but they replaced her storyline with a retarded one about that chick's brother. It boggles my mind how many stupid and contrived events are occuring to just stretch this show out. Too bad this show wasn't called 12. There is enough material here for 12 very good episodes, but not 24.

Don't really see what's the point of complaining about this since we're already almost done with season 2: it's taken 1-3/4 seasons for you to figure out what this show is like?

I ain't going to say it's a masterpiece, but this season has been damn entertaining.

I usually describe this show to other people as an "action soap opera", and for once, I understand why some people out there are able to enjoy soap operas (albeit with huge doses of violence :P )

Don't expect people to love every episode, but if you dislike the show and concept that much, why keep doing it to yourself?
Old 04-15-03, 10:11 PM

**spoilers for this episode in case some havent seen it yet**

I liked Kim not being in the episode, it made the whole thing better. I hope shes gone for the rest of the season (doubt it).

I knew Youssef was going to be attacked as soon as Kate heard the radio announcement about middle-eastern people being the targets of hate crime. That little twist is so unbelievably lame, i guess they figured that with Kim gone they had to insert some cheesyness.

Although, as other's have mentioned, the fact that Jack let some guy he doesn't know take the chip to CTU seems kind of phony.

Whatever happened with that guy Palmer was having tortured? Did they resolve that story-line while i wasn't paing attention?
Old 04-15-03, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
If you haven't watched it yet, do NOT watch the previews for next week. I know most people know not to, but I accidentally saw them tonight--and they give away a MAJOR plot point. Stupid previews.
Old 04-15-03, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by JuryDuty
If you haven't watched it yet, do NOT watch the previews for next week. I know most people know not to, but I accidentally saw them tonight--and they give away a MAJOR plot point. Stupid previews.
Well maybe
Spoiler:
if you are talking about Lynne getting thrown off the ledge. THAT really pissed me off. I mean, we saw the entire thing in the prieview with the exception of the actual contact to the ground
Old 04-15-03, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've never seen anyone use a metal detector on vomit before.

Not only has Jack just met Yusef and doesn't really know if he can trust him, but does he really think Olmeda is going to happily accept that the proof that spares his reclusive country from being smashed to smithereens is delivered by an agent of that very same country? With Bauer nowhere in sight?

And silly Kim is replaced by Michelle's equally silly and far less nubile brother. Great.

I'm going to watch out the string, but this year has been the disappointment that I feared last year was beconing until the big revelation @ the Sebian connection sent it off onto the thrilling path that it careened down in the season's second half.

There has been no silmilar rescue this year, just Kim: stupid, sweaty and breathing hard.
Old 04-15-03, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by shaggybrown
I said the same thing tonight. It's like the main story line is written by top-rate professional writers - they fill up about 60% of the script, but then they hand it over to some college freshman sitting in Film Studies 101 to fill in the subplots. It's amazing to me that 24 can be my favorite show, and yet it contains more than its share of characters and plot lines that make me want to turn the channel and never come back. Just when I didn't think I could hate a character more than Kim, they whip out that whining annoying guy who broke into the convenience store a few weeks ago. Now we have this horrid "my brother is psycho" storyline and Youssef getting beat down (at 2:00 in the morning, no less).
Old 04-15-03, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by Groucho
Easily the worst episode of 24 ever. What was the "big twist" supposed to be? Certainly not Jack's "death," since we know the show doesn't have the balls to kill off its lead.
Yeah. They didn't have the balls to kill off Jack's wife last season either..
Originally posted by JuryDuty
Thanks for the two-hour-late-warning Mr. JuryDuty

Personally...I thought it was ridiculous Jack took the tracking device and "ran" with it..he shoulda thrown it down a laundry chute or something..

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.