Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

24 3/4/03 "10pm-11pm"

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24 3/4/03 "10pm-11pm"

Old 03-04-03, 09:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,
Yup, really good episode. Solid all the way around and how nice to see Kim show a little common sense but then even the President showed a little more backbone than usual. I like how they took what would be thought of as the big threat and took it off of the table and opened up the show to take us through a larger threat for the rest of the season, a possible WWIII.
Old 03-04-03, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've actually been impressed with Kim in the last couple weeks. She's getting smarter. I admit that I cheered for her when she pulled the gun on the would-be rapist loser.
Old 03-04-03, 09:24 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 605 Likes on 347 Posts
Very impressive episode! Even Kim was watchable tonight, and she finally did something right (shooting at the jerk in the car).

They didn't specifically say so, but the middle eastern intelligence agent at CTU headquarters is from one of the three countries allegedly "in" on the bomb, right? I bet he doesn't know,and he ends up helping CTU.

Where's Nina?
Old 03-04-03, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think the agent that came to CTU that helped get the stuff from Sayed Ali's safe house is trying to SET UP the other 3 countries... He wants the US to think they planned it, so he's in on it...just he wants to play the americans like a fiddle....

MATT

notice how he asked Tony what they found...or rather, what he's HOPING they found....

Last edited by mdc3000; 03-05-03 at 03:42 PM.
Old 03-04-03, 09:28 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 284 Likes on 217 Posts
Hopefully they keep Kim making the right decisions. The only thing that worries me is now that she thinks Jack is dead she's going to revert back into dumbass mode.
Old 03-04-03, 09:30 PM

Originally posted by MrX
Hopefully they keep Kim making the right decisions. The only thing that worries me is now that she thinks Jack is dead she's going to revert back into dumbass mode.
It could be worse. She could get amnesia
Old 03-04-03, 09:38 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by guildda
It could be worse. She could get amnesia
I still think the odds are good she's going to get kidnapped/taken hostage again.
Old 03-04-03, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Excellent episode. Great tension. Emotional moment with Jack and Kimmy. All in all .

However, I'll be going through withdrawls for the next 3 weeks.
Old 03-04-03, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by mdc3000
I think the agent that came to CTU that helped get the stuff from Sayed Ali's safe house is trying to SET UP the other 3 countries... He wasn't the US to think they planned it, so he's in on it...just he wants to play the americans like a fiddle...
I think the three countries had nothing to do with it and it will tie back in with the CIA plot they started and the foreign agent will be from one of them and come under the initial scrutiny.
Old 03-04-03, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 822 Likes on 323 Posts
Originally posted by Bandoman
Where's Nina?
Where's Gary Matheson?

Originally posted by MrX
I still think the odds are good she's going to get kidnapped/taken hostage again.
I'd say the odds are looking pretty good with Gary being on the loose.

The one thing you've got to admire, is that not many shows would have the balls to let that nuclear device detonate. But with 24, you just never know what they're going to pull out of their hats (Assuming you don't watch FOX's "previews" for the next episode).

Who will be the first person here to admit to tearing up during the Jack/Kim scene?
Old 03-04-03, 10:44 PM

Originally posted by Chad
Where's Gary Matheson?

I'd say the odds are looking pretty good with Gary being on the loose.

The one thing you've got to admire, is that not many shows would have the balls to let that nuclear device detonate. But with 24, you just never know what they're going to pull out of their hats (Assuming you don't watch FOX's "previews" for the next episode).

Who will be the first person here to admit to tearing up during the Jack/Kim scene?
I teared up more at the Jack/Mason stuff. With the Jack/Kim stuff I kept thinking Bruce Willis & Liv Tyler from Armageddon
Old 03-04-03, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Now this episode lived up the the "Most Compelling Hour on TV" moniker.

The acting was uniformily good and the writing was heartfelt and "predictably" suspenseful
Spoiler:
(knowing that George is the one on borrowed time, and would be the one to give Jack an "out" on flying the kamikaze mission).
So now it's time for some payback, and Palmer has to figure out how to show the big bad "Who's their daddy!"

3 weeks is a long time to wait for the next new episode...
Old 03-04-03, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

awesome episode... the jack/kim and jack/mason exchanges were both very emotional. I don't think i can wait another 3 weeks again...why must they keep doing this?
Old 03-04-03, 11:02 PM
Banned

I'm thinking Kim will consider suicide with the remaining bullets from her gun.
Old 03-04-03, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,398 Likes on 950 Posts
Wow. This was probably one of the best episodes I've seen of any show ever. The emotional stuff of this episode was fantastic. I did get a bit choked up w/ the Jack/Kim phone call. As much as I hate the character of Kim and how I think Elisha is not a good actress, this was very convincing. Mason going down w/ the plane was truly a great moment. That's got to be the best way to die; an american hero.

I think what will happen is that they figure out that these three countries were not in on it, but they bring in another "Drazen" like figure. I am sure Nina will make a return appearance.
Old 03-04-03, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: the promo for the next episode featured:

Spoiler:
the voice of Gregg Henry, who is supposedly the 7th Black Cobra (or whatever that pack of 7 who were supposed to be tracking the bomb), when he tells Jack that the recording of the voices on the hard drive is a fake.
Old 03-04-03, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Does anyone else think the writers saw The Sum of All Fears when they were writing this season? Just like in the movie the bomb goes off at the end of the second act, and Jack will spend the rest of the day figuring out who REALLY was behind all this and get the information to the President before he declares war.

Gettting that out of the way, this is my favorite episode by far this year. No real revelations this week, but a very powerful hour that had me fighting back the tears a couple of times.
Old 03-04-03, 11:41 PM

Originally posted by Deftones
Mason going down w/ the plane was truly a great moment. That's got to be the best way to die; an american hero.
The dude was going to die anyway, so I don't think what he done was all that heroic. Now on the other hand, if Jack would have been the one to go down with the plane then the degree of heroism would have been off the chart and every American would have honored his name forevermore.
I agree, dying as American hero would be the best way to go and in this case the person would have been like an Uber-American Hero.
Old 03-05-03, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Breakfast with Girls
I've actually been impressed with Kim in the last couple weeks. She's getting smarter. I admit that I cheered for her when she pulled the gun on the would-be rapist loser.
Kim shooting that guy's window has to be one of the hottest things I've seen on TV in a long time.

I also teared up a little during the Jack/Kim and Jack/Mason exchanges. I would say the Jack/Mason one choked me up a little more because I knew George would die, whereas I was 99% sure Jack would get out somehow. Mason went out the best way possible. Also looking forward to Jack and Kate next season, though we'll have to see if it actually works out that way.

Hopefully Kim actually takes charge, now that she feels like she is all alone in the world. Well, until she talks to Tony and finds out Jack is still alive.

Spoiler:
Nice idea on the 7th Cobra being the guy who calls Jack in the preview. He's gotta have a damn good reason for killing six of his fellow soldiers. Looks interesting.
Old 03-05-03, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I hope they don't leave too many loose ends like that coral snake guy.

last season they left a bunch of loose ends...the first off the top of my head is the guy who got killed in New Orleans (i think), never explained it
Old 03-05-03, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Glad they let George go out like that. [Even though I saw it coming from 4 minutes away ...]

I did feel that the show ended abruptly after the nuke went off..

As for the three weeks hiatus...while it DOES suck, i'd have to give FOX props for taking the high road and showing a preview telling the audience exactly when it'll be back.. Unlike ABC who decided to put NYPD Blue on hiatus for the latest reality show. No promo. No "we'll be back in two/three weeks". Damn ABC.

Oh well..
Old 03-05-03, 12:19 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Deftones
I think what will happen is that they figure out that these three countries were not in on it, but they bring in another "Drazen" like figure.
I think it would be great if they brought in
Spoiler:
Donald Sutherland
to play that part.
Old 03-05-03, 12:25 AM

Wow, this episode just renewed my faith in the show. Really good mix of action and drama.

Waiting 3 weeks is really going to suck!

Last edited by Jehan; 03-05-03 at 12:55 AM.
Old 03-05-03, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Agreed on all particulars w/ the consensus here. Jack and Kim had a great moment (the way she broke down was very realistic. Elisha can act! Mirable Dictu!!)

The Jack/George scene was well handled. Xander is The Man. (I thought that dimwit Kate might be rummaging around the plane for just a split second...)

Susan Gibney picked Kim up: yet another Star Trek babe.

"You cayin't handle that gun..." BLAM!

Guess again, Cooter.

Kim is just a White Trash magnet, isn't she?

Best episode this season.
Old 03-05-03, 01:49 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Buck Turgidson
"You cayin't handle that gun..." BLAM!

Guess again, Cooter.

Like father like daughter, sometimes.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.