Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Buffy spinoff news

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-03, 01:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
http://www.smgfan.com/images2003/smg...oversmgfan.jpg

I don't think it's that great a shot of SMG, she just look a bit too hard, and skinny too.
it is pretty much the way I think she has looked all season. I strongly prefer SMG with just a little bit of weight so she looks a little softer.
Old 02-28-03, 01:42 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally posted by Nathan Gervais
it is pretty much the way I think she has looked all season. I strongly prefer SMG with just a little bit of weight so she looks a little softer.
Old 02-28-03, 04:28 PM

Hey, how about a wacky WB sitcom based around Xander and Anya where they have wierd demon neighboors and their families fight each other like in the wedding episode? Kind of like a sci-fi Dharma and Greg! Seriously though, if Buffy dies for good at the end of the season (which I think she should, I mean come on, you can't die and come back 2 times and expect to get away with it!), they could have Kennedy become the next slayer. Not many people seem to dig Kennedy that much on this board, but I think she's pretty cool. I like her better than Buffy. Buffy has never been my favorite character, I've always watched for the supporting cast. That's why I love Angel--all the coolness of Buffy, without Buffy! And I have a question--the first time Buffy died and came back in season 1, there was a new slayer, Kendra, and then Faith when Kendra died. Then Buffy died and came back again in season 5-6. So shouldn't that mean there's a third slayer running around out there somewhere? I mean, technically, the next slayer should have been called the second Buffy died in the Season 5 finale, and showed up to help Xander and co. fight demons during the summer break. This doesn't seem like the kind of thing that the writers would just forget. Anyway, enough outta me.
Old 02-28-03, 05:33 PM

Originally posted by Thoseidiots
I mean, technically, the next slayer should have been called the second Buffy died in the Season 5 finale, and showed up to help Xander and co. fight demons during the summer break. This doesn't seem like the kind of thing that the writers would just forget. Anyway, enough outta me.
They didn't. Whedon went on record saying that after Buffy's first death, the Slayer line went to Kendra. Kendra died, it went to Faith. So, Buffy's second death shouldn't have called another Slayer, since the line no longer goes through her. This was, at the time of her second death, supported by none of the characters expecting a new Slayer to appear.

Nobody knows why, a year and a half after the fact, the characters have decided that Buffy's next death will call another Slayer (maybe it's only the odd-numbered deaths?); we also don't know if Whedon changed his mind, and will have future Buffy deaths call a Slayer.
Old 02-28-03, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I liked the way SMG looked in the Season 3 and 4 episodes. She had a bit too much baby fat in Season 1.
Old 02-28-03, 09:16 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Jlbkwrm
They didn't. Whedon went on record saying that after Buffy's first death, the Slayer line went to Kendra. Kendra died, it went to Faith. So, Buffy's second death shouldn't have called another Slayer, since the line no longer goes through her. This was, at the time of her second death, supported by none of the characters expecting a new Slayer to appear.
The only problem with this is all the mention this season (especially the "Dawn might be the next potential slayer" ep) that Buffy will have to die for the next slayer-in-training to be called up. The writers don't seem to be very consistent in their logic about this.
Old 02-28-03, 09:33 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally posted by DRG
The writers don't seem to be very consistent in their logic about this.
Consistency in storylines isn't something this show is known for.

Angel has 2 or 3 different birthdays and Spike said he was sired by Angel in season 2 and then in 5 I think it was they show Drusilla turning him.
Old 02-28-03, 10:14 PM

Originally posted by DRG
The only problem with this is all the mention this season (especially the "Dawn might be the next potential slayer" ep) that Buffy will have to die for the next slayer-in-training to be called up. The writers don't seem to be very consistent in their logic about this.
Right, that's what I meant with the second paragraph about nobody understanding why the characters have all radically changed their view on things this season (I'm pretty sure I ranted about it in the Potential ep thread here). The characters are being inconsistantly written--there's really no explanation that'll make sense, at this point. The only official statements on the matter are to the effect that Buffy's future deaths will no longer call Slayers--until there's some sort of official retcon, I'm just going to assume the characters are wrong. Inconsistently written and wrong.
Old 03-01-03, 03:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didn't really get into Buffy until they started to come out on DVD and then started watching them, but the news that the show is ending makes me feel like I've been staked.
Old 03-01-03, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Actually, the only way Dawn could be called to be the next slayer is if
Spoiler:
(pure speculation mode) Faith dies, which could be a possibility, seeing that Dushku has signed on for the pilot of "Heroine" for Fox because she knows Faith is going to eat it in the season finale of Buffy.
Old 03-01-03, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by MrX
Angel has 2 or 3 different birthdays and Spike said he was sired by Angel in season 2 and then in 5 I think it was they show Drusilla turning him.
I can't speak for Angel's birthday, but they explain Spike as having been sired by Drusilla who was sired by Angel. So Angel was Spike's grandsire and technically was responsible for him being sired.
Old 03-02-03, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Do the SiT know about Faith and all that she did and where she is now? If not, then that could be the reason for everyone saying the next Slayer will be called when Buffy dies. Buffy and the Scoobies might not want the SiT knowing there was a bad Slayer that killed someone and is in prison.
Old 03-02-03, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
I liked the way SMG looked in the Season 3 and 4 episodes. She had a bit too much baby fat in Season 1.
Yeah, but in season 1 she had also had a nice big booty.
Old 03-02-03, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

And the push-up bras.
Old 03-02-03, 03:01 PM

Originally posted by RaraFemina
Do the SiT know about Faith and all that she did and where she is now? If not, then that could be the reason for everyone saying the next Slayer will be called when Buffy dies. Buffy and the Scoobies might not want the SiT knowing there was a bad Slayer that killed someone and is in prison.
There was at least one scene where it was just core Scoobies and they were rambling on about Buffy needing to die for the next Slayer to be called. I think it was the scene where they 'found out' Dawn was a potential, and Buffy had taken all the SiTs on a hunting trip or whatever.
Old 03-02-03, 07:56 PM

But I thought Dawn was not a potential, it was actually a girl on the other side of the door. Or did I miss something and she is back to being a potential.
Old 03-02-03, 08:12 PM

Originally posted by sjrab16
But I thought Dawn was not a potential, it was actually a girl on the other side of the door. Or did I miss something and she is back to being a potential.
Dawn is not a potential, it was the girl on the other side of the door (the girl from school). I don't ever remember Buffy talking about her having to die for the next slayer to activate, except when in front of the Sit's. I think the only reason they haven't mentioned Faith at all is to make it more of a surprise when she does show up, although that surprise has been ruined for most of us.
Old 03-03-03, 01:31 PM
Banned

Another great Link:
Shows pics from the upcoming Angel episode with Willow and faith

http://www.forums4fans.com/ultimateb...017&p=5#000118

Scroll down. Its in the middle.
Old 03-05-03, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What if Dusku's new series "Heroine" = Faith: The Vampire Slayer? It has been common practice for years in Hollywood for studios to give code names to new series or movies to hide their production. The way I have read it, the new series is being produced by 20th Century Fox, the same company that produces Buffy and Angel, and who would produce any new spin off. I have not seen it anywhere in print as to which network it will air on. Plus it is pretty coincidental that word leaks out the week news of Buffy's demise also comes out. I have not read anything about what Valen posted about involving Rob Cohen's involvement, but that would be one strike against my theory. Plus, why would Fox want to stop a Faith series since it will almost certainly do better than their Heroine concept especially if it airs on Fox.