Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Jimmy Kimmel Live! (ABC)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Jimmy Kimmel Live! (ABC)

Old 02-10-03, 12:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know who next weeks co-host is?
Old 02-10-03, 06:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Dacoops3
Does anyone know who next weeks co-host is?
Adam Carolla
Old 02-11-03, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by nightwing82
Why do they have such a 'problem' booking guests? If it is just some type of ratings things, give it up I say.
Well, I think Jimmy is trying to hone his "self-effacing" comedy bit. I kinda like it. One time, he actually put up Conan on a big screen and said if you want to you can turn there. He always talks about how Leno and Letterman are so much better (although Jimmy is spanking former Daily Show host Craig Kilborn in his time slot).

I think Jimmy doesn't know how to improvise and ad-lib very well. That's something Conan could do well even when he first started his show.
Old 02-11-03, 01:02 AM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

Man, I really miss Kathy. I've seen Adam be pretty funny before, but he was horrible here. Plus, Cartoon Network just started showing an anime by the same guy who did Aeon Flux, so I imagine I'll be watching that instead.
Old 02-11-03, 01:14 AM
Mod Emeritus

"If you love me, you'll take the bed. Then I crawled in later that night because I was cold."

That was a funny bit.
Old 02-11-03, 02:30 AM

Is Carolla ashamed of Jimmy? I noticed it some when he was a guest the first time, but Jimmy was so drunk it was almost justified. But now he's back and I get this real feeling that he's very very disappointed with the show.
Old 02-11-03, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hmm yeah. I watched last night and it just wasn't as good without Kathy.
Old 02-12-03, 12:46 AM

Originally posted by MrPeanut
Is Carolla ashamed of Jimmy? I noticed it some when he was a guest the first time, but Jimmy was so drunk it was almost justified. But now he's back and I get this real feeling that he's very very disappointed with the show.
Yeah, he was making comments like "this is why you left the man show?!?!" and some other subtle comments in last night's show. I got the same feeling and I also got the feeling in the past two days but not from the first time Corolla was on in the Snoop Dogg week, that Adam Corolla was just doing this guest host thing as a favor to Jimmy. IMO Adam Corolla is pissed that they don't have a late night show TOGETHER.
Old 02-12-03, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really doubt Corolla wants ANOTHER late night show. the guy likes to stay under the radar and is really lazy in all sense of the word. He has LOVE LINE already and thats a full time gig.
Old 02-12-03, 02:06 AM
Mod Emeritus

Originally posted by Dacoops3
Yeah, he was making comments like "this is why you left the man show?!?!" and some other subtle comments in last night's show. I got the same feeling and I also got the feeling in the past two days but not from the first time Corolla was on in the Snoop Dogg week, that Adam Corolla was just doing this guest host thing as a favor to Jimmy. IMO Adam Corolla is pissed that they don't have a late night show TOGETHER.
I think it's just his schtick.
Old 02-12-03, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I forget when Jimmy said this, but it may have been when he went on Letterman. He said Adam is lazy and he's had to pretty much drag him into radio, drag him into the Man Show and anything else. He didn't go as far to say Adam turned down an offer to be more involved with the show, but that's what he was implying. I'm sure Adam could've had that co-host spot permanently if he wanted it. I don't know if he'd like being known as a sidekick though.

Personally I think Adam really enjoys doing Loveline or he would've left by now. 2 hours a night that you don't need to prepare anything for and can show up wearing your sweats. I can't say I blame him.
Old 02-12-03, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
And have you heard love line lately? He really has nothing more to do then just sit there and make jokes and throw in an helpful advice here and there. It's comedy how he deals with some of the callers. 2 hours a night in which maybe 20-30minutes of that is ad's and the night's guest song or plug and it's a sweet gig. I don't think he would want to be on a daily nightly show taped from 8-9 everyday and then drive down to westwood one and do another 2 hour show every night anyhow. As it's certain that the nightly show would require much more set up time throughout the day.
Old 02-13-03, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I tuned in tonight and saw Jolene Blalock from Enterprise. I never realized how HOTT she is and she has a great sense of humor. She has great lips.
Old 02-13-03, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
And have you heard love line lately? He really has nothing more to do then just sit there and make jokes and throw in an helpful advice here and there. It's comedy how he deals with some of the callers. 2 hours a night in which maybe 20-30minutes of that is ad's and the night's guest song or plug and it's a sweet gig. I don't think he would want to be on a daily nightly show taped from 8-9 everyday and then drive down to westwood one and do another 2 hour show every night anyhow. As it's certain that the nightly show would require much more set up time throughout the day.
Yeah, I listen to loveline all the time. Anyone who has decent usenet access can find recorded shows on alt.binaries.great
Old 02-13-03, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This week is total suck

Kimmel is losing me as a viewer unless next week's guest host picks things up a little.
Old 02-13-03, 12:15 PM
Banned

Originally posted by nightwing82
This week is total suck

Kimmel is losing me as a viewer unless next week's guest host picks things up a little.
Through no fault of his own, he's already lost me as a viewer. I just can't stay awake. I always fall asleep during the first commercial break.
Old 02-14-03, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Last night was a good show. For some reason, it seemed the guests were terrified off Adam. Heather Graham looked like she was about to run at any second.

Chris Lowell seemed to be expecting a barrage of gay jokes from Adam, but they never came, which was even funnier than if they had. You'd see him tense up when Adam started talking.

D
Old 02-14-03, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Adam's face scares me that late at night.
Old 02-14-03, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Oh man they had Christopher Lowell?!? I recorded it, I'll have to make sure to watch that before it gets recorded over. I'm surprised he'd go on Jimmy's show, especially the week Adam is there.
Old 02-14-03, 02:54 PM
Mod Emeritus

Adam made a great joke after Lowell said "You don't know who you will be tomorrow even, so how can you get a couch that will last you 10 years", then Adam said "You'll know where your ass will be tomorrow" and Lowell got this terrified look on his face, and finally Adam said "On the couch!"
Old 02-15-03, 01:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
ok...I thought Adam was a tad much this week, and agree that Heather Graham looked pretty much mortified the whole time.....but tonight was priceless....perhaps jimmy's hitting his stride. Dr. Drew was great, but the Adrienne Barbeau appearance was inspired....what male who it puberty in the 80s doesn't lust after that ubervixen?!??!?! She looks damn good too!!!!
Old 02-18-03, 01:43 AM
Banned

Jimmy Kimmel Live - The Garofolo Week

What was with Colin Quinn tonight?? He didn't seem to be even trying.

Average show tonight. A week with Garofolo has potential to be really good though.

By the way, did it start almost a half hour late for anyone else tonight, or just in NYC?
Old 02-18-03, 01:48 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 114 Likes on 88 Posts
Famke Janssen

I only watched the first part of it and thought that was good. His shots at Leno are funny, and the clip of Uncle Frank making out with the girl from the audience that got engaged at the show was great.
Old 02-18-03, 05:04 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

A week of Garofolo also has the potential to be very Anti-MTV, Strange polictial positions and a lot of tension between guest and herself... should be interesting..
Old 02-18-03, 05:05 AM
Banned

Started on time here in Austin. I just Garofolo doesn't make this weeks show a place for her to speak her anti war crap. This show replaced a show that was canceled for that. Its Jimmy Kimmel Garofolo not Bill O'riely so shut up already.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.