Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Jimmy Kimmel Live! (ABC)

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-03, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jimmy Kimmel Live 1/29......hilarious!

Anyone watching this show right now? I've never laughed so much. Tonight they were basically doing shots all night, and Snoop Dogg was pretty much drunk by the end of the show. When the ventriloquist guy started doing his terrible act, I just about died laughing. The deep fry stuff was funny too!!
Old 01-30-03, 03:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

just about to start this thread too, jeus was that funny, the fry bit was classic
Old 01-30-03, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I only saw bits and pieces of the show, when they were trying to buy Oprah a gift and Jimmy kept getting hung up on and then parts of it when Adam was on - I was laughing my ass off, I wish I would have watched the whole show.

Jimmy and Snoop are pretty funny, they play off of each other well. Jimmy should make Snoop a reacurring co-host, because Snoop is just a natural up there (the 'Hood Shopping Network). They were just killing me.

What sucks is that I don't see ABC keeping this show around because Jimmy will just keep pushing the envelope - maybe the ratings will be good and ABC will see the light. But we will probably see Jimmy back on Fox next fall making football picks.

When they were taking shots, were they calling it milk? I don't know if I caught that at the beginning...
Old 01-30-03, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Damn you Channel 7 in DC.
Old 01-30-03, 09:27 AM
Cool New Member

I guess it is just me, but I thought that the show was horrible. If the show continues at this level I can see it lasting at most two weeks. Jimmy may be funny at times (esp when paired with Adam Corrolla), but he just doesn't have it to make it during a live interview show (IMO of course). He does not have the interview skills and tends to ignore the guests and rarely gets them involved. He talks more to Snoop Dogg and constantly keeps asking him when he is going to get back to smoking marijuana.

I did laugh a little last night, but most of it was because it was just so bad. The comedy act segment was great seeing the hosts reactions. I wonder if they knew he was so bad and had him on previous shows (they looked familiar with him). As for the deep frying segment... it was terrible. The older lady was great though taking a couple shots.

If they keep the same format of having weekly celebrity cohosts, doing it live, and normal late night interviews, they need some serious help. Jimmy has got to sharpen his interview skills, stop drinking as much and acting too much like a fool, and rehearse rehearse rehearse rehearse rehearse. It seems as if they don't rehearse any part of the. Jimmy didn't even know how to put the operator on speaker phone. Prime guests will only want to come on the show if they will end up looking good and can promote what they need to promote. Jimmy needs to show more respect to them.

Of course, these are just my opinions.

--
ehanson
Old 01-30-03, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Last night was the first night I missed. I've already given up on the show, since they can't seem to get guests. 3rd show in, and not a celebrity in sight.. Who were the guests on the show last night, anybody?

Also, I hate how he just interviews snoop dog everyday practically instead of the guests.. He should prob show a little interest in the guests if he expects to ever get one back. I really don't see what's so funny about asking snoop dogg about weed and stuff everyday, and I like snoop dogg. Don't beat a dead horse sometimes.
Old 01-30-03, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was watching last night and I didn't laugh at all. It was boring and unfunny, i.m.o. . Jimmy seems like a deer in headlights, especially during that Oprah sequence.
Old 01-30-03, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The guests last night were Adam Corolla, a chef, the Armenian Comedian, and some bland alt-rockers (seven doors down? new found glory? something like that)

The problems with the show are just like the problems with all new talk shows, but this one's being done live so it makes everything seem worse. Imagine how much of the stumbling / bad jokes would be cut out in post. Too bad they named it Jimmy Kimmel Live, now they can't change their minds.
Old 01-30-03, 04:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think its friggin' hiLARious!!! ABC needs to keep this show. It's not like they could put anything else in the slot anyway to compete with the other channels. If stupid craig kilborne can have a crappy talk show, why can't Jimmy Kimmel? He's WAY better.
Old 01-30-03, 05:46 PM

They apparently had the Armenian Comedian on one of the test shows. TheSportsGuy on espn.com page 2 mentioned it in his last column where he interviewed Kimmel (he writes fof the show)

I have to agree, they're never going to get any guests on the show at this rate. Perhaps they even in fact prefer having the oddball guests nobody has heard of. They did tend to be the most entertaining guests on the old Letterman after all. But it'll be awfully difficult to get anyone to watch.
Old 01-30-03, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What a great show. I love Snoop as guest host. Its so different from the other bland shows. I do hate one thing, and its that one a-hole in the audience that supposedly threw up on Sun nights' show, causing them to lose their liquor license. I was going up to LA next week to check out this show, and have a few drinks there too, but someone had to ruin it. Damn you ABC.
Old 01-30-03, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
The one thing I do like about this show is the musical acts. THey get 2 songs and it's in front of an actual audience/pit instead of other talk shows where the act performs while the audience sits in their seats. And I do like the fact that the show tailors to the younger audience and most of the acts are going to be alternative music (even though New Found Glory blew last night).
Old 01-31-03, 11:03 AM

For some reason our local ABC station here only showed a little bit of the show last night. A psychic animal talker was suppossed to come on and talk to Snoop's cat. Then next thing I knew an infomercial on making money at home was showing. Gosh.. our local networks do such stupid things here (over advertise). It was my first time watching the show too.
Old 01-31-03, 12:01 PM
Banned

This episode alone will guarantee I don't miss another one while this show is still on the air. I couldn't breathe at times, I was laughing so hard.
Old 01-31-03, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I work for an ABC affiliate and watch it monday-thursday...hopefully they'll keep it around, as it's more entertaining than what came before it, "up close"...and kimmel seems to sell better for us ad-wise.

I wonder who next week's guest host is...
Old 01-31-03, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm really enjoying this show, I still think some of the wrinkles need to be worked out & Jimmy needs to get a little more comfotable, but it's a lot like old school Letterman, which is a good thing

Last edited by WhattheFFF; 01-31-03 at 11:57 PM.
Old 01-31-03, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm also in the camp.....hilarious stuff, and it will only get better. Unfortunately Jimmy won't be able to drink anymore (on air anyway) That was some funny stuff.....8 shots!!!!!!!!!! damn.....
Old 01-31-03, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Crazy Aoshi

I wonder who next week's guest host is...

Next week's co-host: Kathy Griffin
Old 02-01-03, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ok...thanks for the info...seems like they're going to the list of B or C level talent under contract to ABC...did celebrity mole end?
Old 02-01-03, 09:14 AM

I laughed my a off last night when Snoop asked the dude at the swap meet if he watched Jimmy Kimmel, and he said "yes", and Snoop said you're a lying "mot#######ker" I hope that Snoop makes a comeback
Old 02-02-03, 01:04 AM

I personally think they made a mistake bringing Snoop Dogg in the first week. I thought this week's shows were absolutely histarical and worry that other co-hosts *cough* Kathy Griffin *cough* will make the show much worse. I hope I am wrong since I have been a fan of Kimmel for a long time.
Old 02-02-03, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Snoop was classic but Kathy Griffin can be funny to, I'm looking forward to the Adam Carolla week myself, Ben Stein would be good too
Old 02-02-03, 02:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I was watching as much as I could last week, but there is no other comedian alive that I hate anywhere near as much as Kathy Griffin.

Hell, she almost ruins Pulp Fiction for me!

That said, I may watch anyway, just because I don't for the life of me see the audience or Jimmy "on her side" during much of the show, so perhaps it'll be great to see!
Old 02-04-03, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Jimmy Kimmel - week of 2/3-2/7

Thought we could follow dear Jimmy in his second week to see how it goes....

Tonight (monday) was pretty damn funny. The Tammy Faye bit was inspired, and if they keep that up, they're gold jerry, gold i tell ya!!!!

Gay Chicken? funny, but not mass appeal.

Uncle Frank? Ending seconds with Vince Vaughan were entertaining...

Jerry O'Connell? He's a wank, can't act, but was a decent guest.
Old 02-04-03, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

oh yeah...duh...Kathy Griffin was far less annoying than i thought she might be...thank god she lost the curly hair. The clips from Celebrity Mole were hilarious. Stephen Baldwin is a total deuchebag....

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.