Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Gilmore Girls -- Series Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-03, 05:53 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by dstrauss
Was actually kind of funny to see the actress who plays Paris in a small role on season one West Wing on Bravo last week. (She played the aide who leaked the info about Leo's drug addiction.)
She was also on ER as the wife of the character who stabbed Carter and killed Lucy. Paris gets around!
Old 09-15-03, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, if she really does get around, here's hoping she gets around to Rory soon.

Oh, and to beat all of you to the punch:

Moving to Mature.
Old 09-16-03, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
According to the teaser ad:

Spoiler:
Luke got married! And Lorelai looked crushed.
Old 09-16-03, 12:56 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally posted by Patman
According to the teaser ad:

Spoiler:
Luke got married! And Lorelai looked crushed.
What. The. Hell? Was this forecast at all?
Old 09-16-03, 03:38 AM

A little. Luke and and his lady friend did have that hotel stay and to be honest, i'll put money on it just being an impulse decision on their part. It's sorta getting on my nerves with all these blind turns, especially with Dean's marriage plans. Either way, it really should be interesting to see Lorelai's complete reaction. Then again, the WB has a tendency to butcher storylines in their tv spots. Anyone remember the episode in which Rory and Jess were supposed to have sex but didn't? That pissed me off.

Still, though, next Tuesday is one day I can't wait for.
Old 09-16-03, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
groovrbaby.....agree. The WB has the worst tv spots for distorting storylines....I hope this teaser is wrong.
Old 09-16-03, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by LiquidSky
groovrbaby.....agree. The WB has the worst tv spots for distorting storylines....I hope this teaser is wrong.
Because I'm just a whore for spoilers, I looked around on some websites, and according to rumors,

Spoiler:
Luke and Nicole get married on a cruise to Alaska (or somewhere, I suppose.), but get divorced before they land on shore (or after, I wasn't really paying that much attention.)
Old 09-16-03, 06:11 PM

well, that figures.
Old 09-16-03, 07:27 PM
Admin Emeritus

Is that lame? That's lame, isn't it? Why is Gilmore Girls beoming lame?! Save us, Dave!
Old 09-17-03, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well... I was never too much into the storylines in GG. maybe because I just watched random episodes most of the times.
What I love about the show is the fast-paced witty dialogue which I hope will continue...
Old 09-23-03, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well....tonight is the night!!!
Old 09-23-03, 03:03 PM

Yup...i wanna see some GG action...
Old 09-23-03, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

With Rory away at school, I'm wondering how snappy the mother/daughter dialoge is going to seem when they are doing it over the phone.
Old 09-23-03, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, the spoilers were pretty much right.

I was hoping for more, really. I almsot felt like I only saw half an episode: couldn't they have given it a 2 hour season premiere and delay the One Tree Hill premiere a week?

And boy, Sookie (or the actress who plays her) has lost tons of weight. She's pretty much gone Al Roker on America.
Old 09-23-03, 11:12 PM

Originally posted by freedexter
And boy, Sookie (or the actress who plays her) has lost tons of weight. She's pretty much gone Al Roker on America.
I'm waiting for Ed tomorrow night to see how the weight loss is going over in Stuckeyville.
Old 09-24-03, 02:36 AM

I agree w/ freedexter...I wanted more from that episode.
Old 09-24-03, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Maybe it was me, but I thought the episode was a little forced, maybe they did "jetlagged" too well. I guess as the season rolls on, I'll get back into their cadence.

I still chuckle at Sookie being one of the few women who weighs less as her pregnancy progresses...
Old 09-24-03, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What bothered me was when Rory was at Emily's house and emily was clearly miffed that Lorelai didn't make it-- why didn't she just tell her grandma "Yeah, I start school TOMORROW and since we just got back from Europe, mom is helping me pack and buy stuff I'll need-- since I didn;t want to miss dinner, etc."

It just seemed like a reasonable thing. Emily knew she was starting at Yale the next day and for her to keep her up all night watching ballrooom dancing seemed out of character. You would have thought Emily would have been so excited about Rory starting college she would have went over-board and presented her with a packed up luggage set or wanted to come over to help Rory pack. I would have thought Emily & Richard would have tried to get more involved with her going away.
Old 09-24-03, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I think maybe you just have to chalk it up to Emily really missing Rory and Lorelai all summer long, so this was the result of her issues, and she wasn't seeing the bigger picture and acting in the best interest of Rory.
Old 09-24-03, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by freedexter
Of course, we all saw where all the weight went- SALLY STRUTHERS! :-P

It's shocking that that is the same skinny little girl who was on 'All in the Family'

-jason
Old 09-24-03, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Emily was being a major pain in the ass last night. I too was wondering why Rory didn't say that school started tomorrow and Lorelai was helping her out.

Luke was funny in the candy store - I wish he would have punched Taylor in his obnoxious face. Same w/ Rory - she could have hit him upside the head for being an ass, too.

It was an alright episode - after a bleak summer season, I was just happy it was back on. Hopefully w/ Rory beginning college next week, thngs will get much better.
Old 09-30-03, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Gilmore Girls - 9/30

Here it is a few hours after this weeks Gilmore Girls and no thread, I'm mighty dissapointed. Not only because there is no thread, but because I had to start it...and I lack the das like ability to create a thread on an episode this good.

I honestly feel that this was one of the best episodes of the show's run. The humor was spot on and layered throughout the entire episode. And having gone through the whole leaving home to go to college thing, I was really feeling what both Lorelai and Rory were going through.

Maybe I'm a sap, but this episode was really good.
Old 09-30-03, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This was a really good episode. Loved it. It was laugh out loud funny, and also kind of touching, but I'd never admit to it.

Paris was hilarious, with the LifeCoach and everything.

One thing, though: Loreali, who is trying to start a business and has a daughter going to an Ivy League university, sure has a hell of a lot of money to spend on food. Jesus, she must be drowning in credit card debt.

Much better than last week.
Old 09-30-03, 11:11 PM
Admin Emeritus

Baseball. My station showed baseball instead. I haven't been totally keeping up with the Girls recently, but man. They play like seventeen games of baseball every day. Pick some other show to not air.
Old 10-01-03, 12:47 AM

Oh man, I just entered college about a month ago and THAT was an absolutely fantastic episode. I was honestly moved. I thought Luke stole the show here...the lawyer interaction was pure gold. Also, Paris' Life Coach honest to god creeped me out.

I want more episodes like this!!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.