Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Gilmore Girls -- Series Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-03, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wonderful episode. It reminded me of when I went away to college (only I went from Alabama to Los Angles....a bit further than Rory )

I loved the scene with Loreali and Luke bickering over the mattress and truck

I have also dealt with lawyers like that.....I'm a Paralegal.
Old 10-01-03, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 197 Likes on 162 Posts
This show was just about spot on perfect. The writing was great, the actors and their time was was fantastic. Luke, Lorelai, Rory and a little bit of Paris can go a long way. The mattress and the lawyer bits brought the funny.

Yeah, this show made me nostalgic for the day when my parents dropped me off 12-hours away from home.
Old 10-01-03, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Rory borrowed the money from her grandparents last season to go to Yale (which is why she is required to show up for Friday dinners, though Lorelai is not anymore). I think Rory's financial aid status was derailed by Lorelai receiving a windfall from her father at the wrong time during the application process.
Old 10-01-03, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The episode started stiffly at Lorelai's house, but once they get to Yale, the vibe went back to normal again, and the rapid-fire dialogue was clicking once more.

There were many funny bits:

Luke trying to get a divorce, wanting nothing in the process, while the lawyers pressing him to want something.

The Yale bedding gag.

I wished they didn't ruin the "Paris as Rory's roommate" tidbit in the commercials. Paris's lifecoach bit was hilarious when Paris goes off the "calmness" reservation.

Getting Rory "introduced" to her dormmates by Lorelai's "event planning" skills was a good way to settle Rory into college.
Old 10-01-03, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What I wanted to know was-- where was the rest of Rory's suite-mates?
Old 10-01-03, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Give it time...
Old 10-01-03, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 197 Likes on 162 Posts
Originally posted by Jadzia
What I wanted to know was-- where was the rest of Rory's suite-mates?
I'm glad I wasn't the only one to notice that. Three girls for four or five rooms - that would suck.
Old 10-01-03, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

You'd think they'd be there on the first day and stuff.
Old 10-01-03, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Hey, some people always cut the first day of school/orientation.
Old 10-01-03, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
maybe they're hermits and they were already there.
Old 10-01-03, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Maybe they were in the bedding!
Old 10-01-03, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 770 Likes on 557 Posts
I could so picture Luke having to sit thru the dude playing the water in glass.
Old 10-07-03, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gilmore Girls - 10/07

Good episode. It felt so short, though. By the time it ended, I thought it was only halfway through. Then again, I was also watching the recall stuff. Daily Show had an excellent live special, but that's so off-topic.

Anyhow, Lane finally made an appearance! It was 5 seconds long, but Lane finally made an appearance!

Paris was in excellent form tonight: I'm glad she's still on the show.

One of my favorite parts was Emily describing the entertainment system to Rory. It was just so odd to hear, and I cracked up.

Spoiler:
Judging from the previews, next week, Rory pulls a Felicty. Hmmm.
Old 10-08-03, 12:32 AM

mmmm Rory...
mmmm Lane...

ok, sure, why not! mmmm Paris...
Old 10-08-03, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I thought it was just ok. Last week's was classic, but this had too much stupid, not enough funny. Sookie freaking out & having doubts makes sense & is a good idea, but was really poorly handled. She always had snacks for Rory (& Lorelai) at the inn & has eaten at Luke's. I can't believe she would be so out of it when it comes to kids. & just how much did that birthday party cost!? Holy cow! & Lord of the Rings? I don't know which one it was, but they're both insanely long movies. Would those little kids really sit there & watch for 3 hours? Maybe they would.

Seems Emily & Richard might have larger roles - or at least they're always adding more dimension to them.

It's great to have Paris on the show, but she's all over the place. I know that's sort of the point & part of the fun, but last week... all that food & no mention of allergies? & how could she not know where those countries were?

All my complaints are minor. It's still a fun show; I look forward to more; & I want a DVD release. Nice to see a Madeline & Louise cameo.
Old 10-08-03, 02:08 AM

I'm still not sold on the college years. They sure are taking their time setting it up. Let's see if they can't add something new soon. I miss Kirk and Lane (except the 5 seconds).
Old 10-08-03, 07:17 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

disappointed no Luke last night. the episode was okay, I'm not sure about the college years, I miss the old stars hollow days.
Old 10-08-03, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Rory isn't pleased when Emily decided to play interior decorator in her dorm suite.

The dorm party was a little shrill due to Paris.

The scenes between Lorelai and Sookie were a bit painful to watch as they try to figure out how to make their temporary catering venture work.

Will we ever hear that 4th roommate speak?

Rory and Lorelai's conversations didn't seem to have that patented GG vibe/punch to them.

But still, the episode was better than over half of what I normally watch.
Old 10-08-03, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I loved when Rory was on the telephone and her roommate was performing stretch exercises with the big blue ball

I loved the new entertainment center but the furniture was sort of "old lady blue blood" style....not really for a college student.
Old 10-08-03, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

In college, free furniture is all good.
Old 10-08-03, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Patman
In college, free furniture is all good.
I lived in a furnished apartment my last year of grad school. The sofa was lime green plaid
Old 10-08-03, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I was shocked to see that guy who partners up with Richard in the opening credits. I know I've seen him on other comedies, and I think he was in "The Last Days of Disco". Searching...searching...ah, the new guy's name is Chris Eigeman.
Old 10-08-03, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
he was in Malcolm In The Middle and the short lived It's Like, You Know...
Old 10-08-03, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I was expecting Lorelai to save the day with the green mac & cheese by telling the kids it was some sort of Lord of the Rings Hobbit food or something. I could have seen that working!

I want to see more of Rory in school and her classesand stuff. I am assuming that the naked boy will be a love interest or something for her. But they seem to be taking their sweet time introducing Rory's new college mates.

I was also surprised to see Mr. Gilmore's new business partner in the opening credits. I am wondering what they are going to do with his storyline. At first when I saw him, I figured he would somehow try and get involved with Lorelai & Sookie's inn somehow, perhaps as an investor or something. But from what they said last night, it sounds like they will not have the inn up and running for awhile.

The previews for next week
Spoiler:
look odd. Is it an episode that takes place in the future? The announcer said something about Dean coming back years later and Rory's hair was different, so I wondered if this was supposed to be some kind of very special time-leap episode.
Old 10-08-03, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,603 Posts
I doubt there's a time-leap... Rory's loved Dean for years, is what I think it said. Plus, unless that's some really good wig, I doubt they'd do a "Felicity" for one episode then wait for it to grow back...

I, too, thought the green mac and cheese would turn into some kind of mythical food... and when Lorelei plans a party, she goes all out. Geez. Of course, judging from that TV, the host mom had lots of money to spend...

If I were Rory, I wouldn't mind the furniture (and especially the entertainment center with the plasma TV!). I was thinking that Paris would get really competitive and try to get better stuff... But having those two ditzes show up sent by grandma was really too much... shades of that whole coming out party in the first season... Thought it was funny that Lorelei could "smell" her mother in the beginning too...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.