Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Gilmore Girls -- Series Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-02, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, I might delete the thread to avoid future confusion.
Old 10-29-02, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<small>Originally posted by Phil L. </small>Thanks, I might delete the thread...
I'd leave it up so other people will know it's a rerun.
Maybe the mods can change title.
Old 10-29-02, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Why would they show a rerun so early in the season? Is this from last season? Will it screw me up? I didn't start watching the show til this season. I've been doing ok with season 3 on Tuesdays & season 1 on Sundays, but throw in a random season 2 episode & I don't know if I can take it. I've just typed season so many times it no longer has meaning.
Old 10-29-02, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Lokimok
Why would they show a rerun so early in the season? Is this from last season? Will it screw me up? I didn't start watching the show til this season. I've been doing ok with season 3 on Tuesdays & season 1 on Sundays, but throw in a random season 2 episode & I don't know if I can take it. I've just typed season so many times it no longer has meaning.
It's the "holiday" episode, if I'm not mistaken. Reruns have been pretty common these days, I don't know why. Alias was, as well as Friends and Will and Grace. I think they are just saving up episodes for November sweeps or something.

It won't mess you up, really. It's not a standalone episode, but I don't think there was too much there to confuse a viewer, if you are somewhat familiar with it all.
Old 11-05-02, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Gilmore Girls 11-5

Pretty good episode tonight. I liked the devil egg thing.
Old 11-05-02, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts
Good episode, the devil eggs were pretty creative. Next week looks like a good one too.
Old 11-05-02, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Very good episode; I really enjoyed this one. I'm starting to not mind Jesse so much.
Old 11-05-02, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Good episode, you just knew Lorelai would get suckered into going to that baby shower - the egging was a nice end to that though. Was it me or was Luke smiling in multiple parts of the show? That is just not normal. Also, I love it when they make Taylor look stupid and annoyed.
Old 11-05-02, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm so excited for next week - big episode ahead! Rumor has it Paris' date actually reappears! Finally!

This was a good episode, although not really the most important of the episodes. The Jess-Wal Mart thing was hilarious. Loved the deviled egg bit and the protesting loner too. Sherry though - oh, wow, she's so easy to hate! Ugh!
Old 11-06-02, 01:34 AM

While Sherry may be easy to hate, how can anyone hate Madchen Amick? This is the first time I've seen the her (Twin Peaks, Dream Lover, Fantasy Island) as a blond and she is as hot as ever!
Old 11-06-02, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Gotta agree with Barings on this, Sherry is hot.
Even a hot preggo!
And I like her character.

Last night's episode was great! One of my favorites even.

The deviled egg thing was very funny.

Jess: "Someone deviled egged my car!"
Luke: "Yup, that's paprika."
Old 11-06-02, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Phil L.
The deviled egg thing was very funny.

Jess: "Someone deviled egged my car!"
Luke: "Yup, that's paprika."
Luke: "Someone must really hate you"
Old 11-06-02, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good episode. I felt really sorry for Lorelai when Sherry kept blabbing on and on about Christopher
Old 11-06-02, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm not digging this season as much because things seem really forced. The dialog reminds me that Lorelai might need some adult ritalin. I did enjoy Luke ribbing Jess about his job at Wal-Mart. Madchen looked really good (as usual) with new hairstyle that doesn't show so much forehead.
Old 11-06-02, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I also liked that female car mechanic character (Rosie?) that sold Jess the car.

"Ooo, there's my new TV"

"Oh, there's my trip to Florida"
Old 11-12-02, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

'they shoot gilmores, don't they?'
Spoiler:
Determined to win the annual Stars Hollow 24-hour dance marathon, Lorelai forces Rory to be her partner. While everyone in town dances around them, Rory and Jess can't seem to stop arguing with each other, a fact that is not lost on Dean. Meanwhile, Lane and Paris are both surprised when the boys they like drop by to see them. Kirk at the end with the Rocky music was great.
Old 11-12-02, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts
I really liked this episode. Does anyone ever think that they will one day hook Lorelai and Luke up.
Spoiler:
Hated to see Dean and Rory break up. Why do all the bad boys get the good girls. On Ed Carol and Denis. Now, Rory and Jess yuck! I hope Lorelai breaks them up. Nice to see Paris happy. She reminds me of Janet Reno or Hilary Clinton.
Old 11-12-02, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
All I can say is - It's about freaking time (in regards to Rory and Dean)! Way to show you have some balls Dean! they had been building towards this for so long - it was getting old. I have to admit Rory was actually getting on my nerves this ep.

Paris finally having a little subplot was somewhat nice - it was funny, too - good dialogue there.

nice blatant foreshadowing w/ Luke and Lorelai - it was like they borrowed a little of the foreshadowing that is used all of the time in Smallville.
Old 11-13-02, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What a great episode! It has got to be one of my favorites. I loved the premise, although how can something be annual if it was never mentioned the last two seasons?

It was nice to see Paris and Lane get some screen time, with their respective almost-boyfriends. Lane's mom cracks me up. Oh, the rest of the townies were great, as well. I loved the Mrs. Patty and Taylor scenes, as well as Kirk and Sookie and Jackson. It's nice to know they still exist.

Spoiler:
I'm not a huge Rory/Jess fan, but we knew it was coming. One has to wonder how long it was last, though. Dean seemed to pretty much ensure that this was the end for them, so that may not be a possibility in the future. Does that mean he'll be departing soon? We all know that Rory will leave for college one day, so perhaps most of the cast that isn't related to her may one day go.
Old 11-13-02, 01:51 AM

....gee one can only hope that Luke and Lorelei do decide to go ahead give wedded bliss a shot because can't see either Rory, nor Jess, as being the kind to date their step-sibling----well maybe Jess

would now be good time to mention just how much i hate that despicably loathesome coagulation of rotten sewer crud....or Jess for short?
Old 11-13-02, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good episode. I was glad Dean finally made a stand about the Jess situation. I would have done the same thing....only sooner.

Jackson got on my nerves. He was acting like a spoiled/obnoxious child.

I loved how Babette and her cool beatnik husband only danced for a few minutes
Old 11-13-02, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts
As much as I hate to see Rory and Dean break up it was about time. I don't care for Jess at all but I also didn't like the way Rory has been treating him. Nice to see Lane get a storyline and I really like the guy she's into (can't remember his name right now). The way he interacted with Lane's mom and set up a meeting time right under her nose was priceless. My only complaint was about Lorelai's shoes's: 24 hours straight in heels, I don't think so. It did provide for a nice Lorelai and Luke set up but I've been waiting for that relationship to develop since episode one.
Old 11-13-02, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
I'm fine that Rory and Dean split, but Jess is too much of a jerk--he's like Dennis on Ed. There are really no redeemable qualities about him which makes his screen time undesireable to watch.
Old 11-13-02, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I actually have begun to like Jess. He's pretty funny at times and does seem to care, in his own way. This episode he wasn't as likeable as on the episode prior where he got his car.
Old 11-13-02, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I liked when Lane was trying to figure out if that guy had a girl over and called up to see if she could hear background sounds.

Rory: "What did you hear?"
Lane: "Quadrophenia"
Rory: "Humm, classy but not datelike"

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.