TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Will & Grace on NBC

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-02, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Matt Damon is gay in Will and Grace

Originally posted by GatorDeb

He gets asked by Jack to prove he's gay...

"High school boyfriend"
"name?"
"Ben"
Ok I saw the preview a few times but never got the inside joke there until I read it here heh.
Old 02-04-02, 08:59 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by GatorDeb
It's TV Talk, not TV Show Talk, so why were the Superbowl threads here?
You've got a good point there. At least the commercial threads and the Fear Factor thread should be in TV Talk.
Old 02-04-02, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by AndyCapps
You've got a good point there. At least the commercial threads and the Fear Factor thread should be in TV Talk.
They should be, but TV Talk gets no respect. Every time I read Otter, I see two or three threads that belong in here. I've even posted in some of the threads asking them to get moved, since I know many of the TV Talkers don't stray into Otter, but those requests are ignored.

das
Old 02-04-02, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
For a while there, Matt Damon was seeing Winona Ryder.
Old 02-04-02, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
Re: Matt Damon is gay in Will and Grace

Originally posted by GatorDeb [/B]
SPOILER
Spoiler:
Your thread title is completely wrong. In the episode, Matt Damon's character fakes being gay so that he can join the Gay Men's Chorus for the sole purpose of getting a free trip to Europe. It's in the TV Guide description.
Old 02-04-02, 08:13 PM
Banned

I have a friend who works as a gaffer and lighting assistant. He saw Matt naked on the set once. Couldn't believe the girls fall so much for him since he had such a tiny weeny.
Old 02-04-02, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by LurkerWilson
I have a friend who works as a gaffer and lighting assistant. He saw Matt naked on the set once. Couldn't believe the girls fall so much for him since he had such a tiny weeny.
What was Matt doing naked? And why does it matter what size his penis was?
Old 02-28-02, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Will & Grace 2/28 Question

The apartment they looked at and loved... is it just me or is it just a slightly modified set of "The Gate" from Suddenly Susan?
Old 04-19-02, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 291 Likes on 212 Posts
"Will & Grace": is the comedy getting too physical?

For those who watched last night's episode (4/18), does anyone else here feel that Sean Hayes is getting too physical and broad lately with his comedy/acting? He doesn't go two seconds without some outlandish move. Like when he was getting jealous that Will was talking to Karen at Grace's work. What the hell was that all about? Very strange. And not funny at all (IMO). The audience didn't laugh either. I think Hayes is an extremely talented and gifted comedic actor for the most part. But he needs to lower the volume on the physical schtick. It's way too over the top.
Old 04-19-02, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I actually noticed that too tonight. It was over the top, I hope he calms down heh.

And, they need more Karen in the show, less Will & Grace
Old 04-19-02, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I thought it was funny - the whole left leg out behind him thing. I thought that the intention was that Jack was continuing to be the "kid on the playground" long after Karen had returned to "grown-up land" to discuss the book with Will. It makes sense with the whole "new best friend" thing which Will and Karen resolved so juvenally for Jack at the end.
Old 04-19-02, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Eternia
I actually noticed that too tonight. It was over the top, I hope he calms down heh.

Agreed. Just don't give Karen her own spin-off show. You just *know* someone over at NBC is thinking about doing a "Jack and Karen" series.

Anyway, watching the show last night was almost like someone doing a parody of "Will and Grace". Like maybe "SNL" or "MAD TV". Wait until this show is in syndication where you'll see how tame Jack was at the beginning. And how his character gets more outrageous. I do feel the physical stuff can be funny at times. Like when he and Karen make a dash to leave somewhere at the same time. But in moderation. Jack's getting way too animated.

Last edited by Daytripper; 04-19-02 at 09:10 AM.
Old 04-19-02, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Glad you all finally caught up.

"Will and Grace" has been screechy and over-the-top unfunny since about mid-way through the first season. The characters ceased to be "real" and became Anthony Michael Hall-era SNL schtick about that time.

Occasionally, there will be a witty one-liner ripping by at warp speed pace - but otherwise this show has fast become the gay "Four Stooges."

Kinda sad too - because individually I think the cast members are incredibly talented.
Old 04-19-02, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Jack's been getting more and more annoying for the past couple of seasons. I particularly hate it when he starts screeching in that ridiculous high-pitched voice. I know it's supposed to be a joke, and it was kinda funny the first time, I guess, but it's just gotten tiresome now.

With that said, I still love the show. I thought last night's episode was great.

Rob
Old 04-19-02, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Daytripper
Wait until this show is in syndication where you'll see how tame Jack was at the beginning.
Yes, I really never watched the show until last season I believe. I remember being annoyed by the damn_NBC promo they ran with Will & Grace at a table outside a resterarunt or something and the table was rocking - something like that. So, I will check it out in syndication so I can see how it all started.
Old 04-19-02, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally posted by Eternia

The less they use Will & Grace, the less interesting the show is to me. While I find Jack and Karen to be interesting characters, there is no way a show would survive with just them. They are too over the top to keep my interest. They would grate on my nerves so fast that I would stop watching after one episode.
Old 04-19-02, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I've always found this show more grating than enjoyable anyway. It was kind of humorous at times, but mostly it's just too over-the-top. I loved Debra Messing long before this silly show and think the rest of the cast is quite talented, but since that first season, I haven't found anything interesting about the show.

das
Old 04-19-02, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The strength of W&G is not character development, but rather character assassination.
Old 04-19-02, 01:06 PM

Man, that Jack guy is gay.

Really, he is.
Old 04-19-02, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 234 Likes on 138 Posts
You do have to love the fact this is the only show on TV that has referenced the movie "Heathers" not once but twice now.
Old 04-20-02, 12:33 AM
Banned

I think Jack and Karen have become charactures over the past few seasons and Grace are always the butt of everyones jokes.
Karen and Jack were always obnoxious but they had characeristics that you liked.
I especially noticed during the Matt Damon guest appearance that Sean was hamming it up wayyy to much.
Time to get back to basics,
Old 04-20-02, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Jack has always been flamboyant. As much as I love Jack and Karen, it would be hard to take the two of them for a show of their own.
Old 04-21-02, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Jack is great on the show, but I've only ever known his character to be that physical.

I love Karen's character - her one-liners are classic.

It's one of my favorite shows, and if the writers do tone down the physical comedy, I watch for the writing, so I'll keep watching.
Old 04-21-02, 11:32 PM

"getting"?
Old 04-22-02, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by badger1997
"getting"?
Yeah, getting. Watch the first season when it's on in syndication next year. You'll see a world of difference in the presentation.

And yes, Jack has always been flamboyant. That and over the top are completely different.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.