DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Will & Grace on NBC (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/150077-will-grace-nbc.html)

Charlie Goose 10-12-01 04:46 PM

Will & Grace on NBC

Last night I was going to tape "Friends" and "Just Shoot Me". Since I knew the President was going to be on at 8 pm, I decided to tape a three hour block to make sure I got my shows okay. So, I got "Will & Grace" as well. I had never been interested in seeing the show, but since I had it anyway, I watched it. It's really a funny and very clever show! I might have to start watching it regularly. That skinny guy across the hall is hilarious.

BDB 10-12-01 04:52 PM

Been watching it from the start more or less, the show should be called Karen And Jack, as Will and Grace are a lot of annoying.

Not yet seen last nights show, but will see it tonight the joys of tivo.

Karen is hilarious, and Jack is very good, not sure how I feel about the whole Jack with a kid thing but whatca gonna do.

rkndkn 10-12-01 07:41 PM

I've watched this show from the beginning, and really enjoy it. I, too, am not thrilled with the story of Jack finding out he has a son, however. And I hope Woody Harrelson's stint as Grace's boyfriend is over! But I really enjoy the rapport between Will and Grace -- they are perfect for each other, if not for one thing!

zooroaster 10-13-01 10:27 PM

What else has Jack (can't think of his real name) been in before this. This has got to be his break.

freedexter 10-14-01 01:23 AM

Originally posted by zooroaster
What else has Jack (can't think of his real name) been in before this. This has got to be his break.
He was in Billy's Hollywood Screen Kiss. Never saw it, but passed by it at Blockbuster once.

IMO, it really is just a bunch of stereotypes, but what sitcom isn't ridden with stereotypes? I don't like "Charmed" anymore, so I figure it's worth my 30 minutes.

big whoppa 10-14-01 03:59 AM

Saw Billy's Hollywood Screen Kiss. OK movie. Light but entertaining enough movie.

Will & Grace is one of my favorite shows. Catch every episode. I never fail to laugh out loud and usually several times an episode. They don't make Jack's kid a real focal point so it should be OK for a little while at least. It has more to do with Jack's situation as a dad. Woody's character and Grace don't work well together. The four main characters should always be the focus. Karen's maid is a good addition.

It would be hilarious if Will & Karen found themselves in the same bed after a few drinks or Grace and Jack together for the same matter.

burgeon 10-14-01 09:41 AM

Best Karen line ever: "Will and Grace are like Siamese twins joined at their boring personalities."

garmonbozia 10-14-01 03:09 PM

re: Will & Grace on NBC

Originally posted by Charlie Goose
Last night I was going to tape "Friends" and "Just Shoot Me". Since I knew the President was going to be on at 8 pm, I decided to tape a three hour block to make sure I got my shows okay. So, I got "Will & Grace" as well. I had never been interested in seeing the show, but since I had it anyway, I watched it. It's really a funny and very clever show! I might have to start watching it regularly. That skinny guy across the hall is hilarious.
you watch Friends and Just Shoot Me, but don't watch Will & Grace?
Might take a few episodes to get the feel for the characters.
Now that Survivor has started, I'll be watching Survivor and CSI and taping NBC. If it wasn't for Will & Grace, I wouldn't bother taping NBC at all.....but since I tape Will and Grace, I also usually tape Friends and stuff also........

Karen rules.

Eternia 01-31-02 10:11 PM

Rosie on Will & Grace 1/31

I think Rosie was pretty funny on Will & Grace tonight as Jack's son's mom. I wonder if it will become a recurring role?

ravan 02-01-02 03:32 AM

Say something in Lesbonian!

"Home Depot!"

Stangman68 02-01-02 04:00 AM

Originally posted by ravan
Say something in Lesbonian!

"Home Depot!"

rotfl

I was kind of skeptical of this show when it first aired, but damn, it's FUNNY!!!

GatorDeb 02-03-02 09:59 PM

Matt Damon is gay in Will and Grace

SHOW TO WATCH!!!

MATT DAMON SHAKING HIS BOOTIE!!!

Snooples... BigPete... it's been nice butt... ;):D:):p

He gets asked by Jack to prove he's gay...

"High school boyfriend"
"name?"
"Ben"

LurkerWilson 02-03-02 10:01 PM

Re: Matt Damon is gay in Will and Grace

Originally posted by GatorDeb
SHOW TO WATCH!!!

MATT DAMON SHAKING HIS BOOTIE!!!

Snooples... BigPete... it's been nice butt... ;):D:):p

He gets asked by Jack to prove he's gay...

"High school boyfriend"
"name?"
"Ben"

That's a bit of a stretch for him :synacism:

It's like Sean Penn playing a retardo. Easy to see why he can get a oscar nomination......

GatorDeb 02-03-02 10:03 PM

synacism?

AndyCapps 02-03-02 10:04 PM

You mean he's going to limit it to just Will & Grace? Wait, he can't drop the f-bomb on TV. This can't happen.

Moving to TV Talk...
;)

LurkerWilson 02-03-02 10:06 PM

synacism?
Me being able to win a spelling bee is on par with Matt having sex with a girl.... ain't gonna happen.

LurkerWilson 02-03-02 10:07 PM

cynicism

is that right...

BigPete 02-03-02 10:07 PM

synacism?
cynicism
[list=1][*]An attitude of scornful or jaded negativity, especially a general distrust of the integrity or professed motives of others[*]A scornfully or jadedly negative comment or act:[/list=1]

Snooples 02-03-02 10:13 PM

I've never trusted my gaydar, so the whole question of whether this is typecasting is a mystery to me. I tend to prefer Ben, anyway...but I guess he's kinda busy with rehab these days.

LurkerWilson 02-03-02 10:15 PM

Originally posted by BigPete

cynicism
[list=1][*]An attitude of scornful or jaded negativity, especially a general distrust of the integrity or professed motives of others[*]A scornfully or jadedly negative comment or act:[/list=1]

Least I had the definition right.....

SnoopDogg 02-03-02 11:38 PM

Tv talk is two spots up there girl.

GatorDeb 02-03-02 11:40 PM

Originally posted by Slug
Tv talk is two spots up there girl.
Trust me, that belongs in Other :)

El Scorcho 02-03-02 11:57 PM

Trust me, that belongs in Other :)

Are we discussing a TV show?

I'm no rocket scientist but I believe that the fact you can answer "yes" to this question means that it belongs there.

GatorDeb 02-03-02 11:58 PM

It's TV Talk, not TV Show Talk, so why were the Superbowl threads here? :)

happycamper 02-04-02 12:02 AM

Who brought the new kid?

All the sports threads are always in Other.