Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Buffy: TVS (10/9/01)

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-01, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I have to disagree with the post where we were told on Angel that earth is hell. If I remember correctly he never actually got to SEE hell because the ring's power was stripped before he could travel to the hell dimension. So the whole speech that earth is hell was just a Wolfram and Hart plot to try to turn him dark by giving up on earth.
Old 10-12-01, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As for some saying things are geting too dark, I say nay. Frankly, I'd prefer it all dark. I've only gotten into Buffy and Angel since last year really. When Buffy started, I did not like it as I prefer my horror serious and dark. I have come to love the shows now though, especially Angel as it reminds me of Forever Knight. That ending this week on Bufy was fantastic. I hope we see more moments like that. That was truly dark.
Old 10-12-01, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Ugh! I screwed up my VCR programming and I wound up not taping this week's UPN Buffy show. Anyone know of a link for episode synopsis for this week's UPN Buffy?
Old 10-12-01, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by immortal_zeus
Spike is without a doubt my favorite character....I can't wait until he and Buffy get together....the look on his face when he saw the real Buffy alive and in the flesh was priceless....

Zeus, i'm with you on this one. I'm just waiting for some humor to come back to the show. So far it's been very gloomy.
Old 10-14-01, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It looks to me like the new episode coming up will be more of a funny one. Spoiler of next weeks (From "Next week on an all-new Buffy", most probably watched already):
Spoiler:
Reminiscient of Angel's second or third episode, Buffy's broke and has to charge for her slayage.

I, however, don't necessarily agree that we need to end the gloom, because, for me, these fun fluff episodes just put the main story aside and keep me in suspense for yet another week. Although without the fluff episodes the show would be much too melodramatic, so I guess I'm d*mned if I do, d*mned if I don't, or some variation on that.
Old 10-15-01, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Buffy humor is great, and I really enjoy it as counterpoint to the difficult stories they're telling, but if it's just humor, it's a waste of talent. On top of that, the humor is funny because of the serious stories. If it were just silly/zany comedy, they'd be the real Scooby Gang. I love the one-liners and the ackward moments between characters, but the comedy has to be secondary or you lose the magic of the show.

das