Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

How do you avoid/deal with TV spoilers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-01, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do you avoid/deal with TV spoilers?

Some of you folks are sensitive about spoilers. Nothing wrong with that. I’m just wondering how you manage. With movies it’s probably quite easy, but with TV programs?

Somebody posted something a week or two ago about not reading TV guide descriptions to avoid spoilers. The description for last weeks Enterprise is a perfect example. But, hell, it’s almost impossible to avoid. Using the same example, if you avoid the teaser at the end of the episode, but then watch SU2, there are several commercials for the next week’s episode of Enterprise. Hmmm…
Old 10-15-01, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know. If I could, I'd avoid the promo material, but I watch way too much TV for that to be feasible. I make a conscious effort not to read spoiler mags or TVGuide descriptions, but it's just too difficult to avoid much else. Personally, I would have no problem reading a teaser for next week so long as the people writing those teasers weren't blatantly spoiling major plot points every time. As we noted in another thread, the most recent 'Enterprise' description gave away the entire episode.

I can live with a 'teaser', but the morons that write/produce these things don't know the difference between a 'teaser' and a 'spoiler', so I am forced to try to avoid them as best I can. I have no great suggestions on how to do so. I think over time, I've trained my mind to completely ignore all advertisements. I just don't consciously pay attention, and if I hear spoilage during a commercial break, many times my mind will just forget about it as long as I don't dwell on it. Too many times, though, it's just too hard to ignore "the SHOCKING twist ending you'll NEVER see coming ... on an all new [insert show here]."

das